+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Terry Phillips - apology

Re: Terry Phillips - apology

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Still not good enough

It’s up to the family to announce a death, not some 2 bit wanna be
    Tony I appreciate your comments and actually agree with you to some extent but for many he will feel like part of the family. My mrs actually burst into tears when she heard the rumours.

People have a need to know and as much as it’s not right as you have said, it’s natural to speculate

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    You have no way of knowing that.
    Like he didn't know either but my comments are far less hurtful and damagin8

I like Terry a lot. He is a genuine guy who, as a very experienced journalist should have done far better research of the claim of a “reliable source”. He made a big mistake in doing so but has published a full and frank apology for that mistake.

What I personally believe should be a follow up is an identification of who that “reliable source” was or at least narrowing it down to whether it was a family member, a family friend or just messageboard contributors or owners who claimed to have “facts” just for personal ego purposes

Quote Originally Posted by Since62 View Post
    I like Terry a lot. He is a genuine guy who, as a very experienced journalist should have done far better research of the claim of a “reliable source”. He made a big mistake in doing so but has published a full and frank apology for that mistake.

What I personally believe should be a follow up is an identification of who that “reliable source” was or at least narrowing it down to whether it was a family member, a family friend or just messageboard contributors or owners who claimed to have “facts” just for personal ego purposes
    Someone replied to the clubs twitter post earlier, with a suggestion as to who that source was.

I don’t do Twitter so what was the suggestion?

Quote Originally Posted by Since62 View Post

Appreciate what you say and your personal relationship but the identification of the source is surely less relevant than the journalistic failures here. If Terry Phillips wishes to identify who gave him the information that gave credibility to "Whitt's death" then ok but it does not make his role in this sad affair any less culpable.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Still not good enough

It’s up to the family to announce a death, not some 2 bit wanna be
    That is why Terry Phillips is a 2 bit journalist

"I was told by a reliable source" - his reliable sources used to get him into all sorts of bother when he was writing for the SWE. Now he is writing for a shit web-site. and I am happy to type this because he reads this board. What sort of jumped up prat, claiming to be an experienced journalist, makes a mistake like he has?

I notice that the people who regularly get sucked in to some bollocks they read are quick to defend Terry.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    I notice that the people who regularly get sucked in to some bollocks they read are quick to defend Terry.
    You've spent the past 3 years shit-posting about a Russia collusion hoax that you read on CNN, and it all turned out to be a load of bollocks, so you are the very last person who should be dishing out this kind of advice on here mate

I think you should all hold fire on any comments made!