Still not good enough

It’s up to the family to announce a death, not some 2 bit wanna be

Re: Terry Phillips - apology

Who is Terry Phillips anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Still not good enough

He's said sorry, although he should really know better than to trust very dodgy sources like Twitter, Facebook and a certain Football Forum, as should plenty of our supporters who seemed compliant in rumours from some very dodgy characters. I think that some people can't hold back and think before they post it seems.

Shut your blog down Mr Phillip's as a mark of respect

Very poor journalists skills.

Thank god we have TOBW excellent site Mauve n yellow .

May I respectively suggest we ( all ) not open up a DaiSport link again ?

Bloody embarrassing.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Shut your blog down Mr Phillip's as a mark of respect

Very poor journalists skills.

Thank god we have TOBW excellent site Mauve n yellow .

May I respectively suggest we ( all ) not open up a DaiSport link again ?

Bloody embarrassing.
    He doesn't have to shut his blog down, why do people want some kind of retribution? He's just been very stupid, he should know better than anyone not to trust bullshit written by attention seeking inadequates.

Still not good enough

It is though. He made a bad mistake, and has now held his hand up and offered his sincerest apologies. What would be good enough for you?

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    It is though. He made a bad mistake, and has now held his hand up and offered his sincerest apologies. What would be good enough for you?
    Nothing really!!

How would you feel if someone wrote that someone close to you had died, when it wasn’t so ????

I repeat, “it is up to the family”

Nothing really!!

How would you feel if someone wrote that someone close to you had died, when it wasn’t so ????

I reckon that i'd be a bit pissed off for an hour or so then after that i'd accept the apology. I'd be more concerned over the fact that a seasoned Journo falls for crap written by attention seekers, like plenty of others on here.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I reckon that i'd be a bit pissed off for an hour or so then after that i'd accept the apology. I'd be more concerned over the fact that a seasoned Journo falls for crap written by attention seekers, like plenty of others on here.
    In his apology, he said he had "been told from a very reliable source connected to Peter", so his source wasn't random attention seekers on the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    In his apology, he said he had "been told from a very reliable source connected to Peter", so his source wasn't random attention seekers on the internet.
    NARRATOR: He read it on ****'s forum.

And you believe everything you read?

Thought he was a decent journo when I used to buy the echo (well better than some anyway) and I took his tribute, as did others, to be a pretty reliable source.
    However, to write something like this without doing the necessary legwork is as bad as it gets for a journalist.

I doubt this "very reliable source" Mr Phillips refers to will be considered very reliable in future by him.
    Anything the man himself writes in the future will be treated likewise which I am sure will hurt the bloke as much as those he misled in his piece.

All you slagging off Terry Philips, If you knew who the source was that gave him the info, then you would definitely say that it was one that could have been believed, sad to say it was not.

Nothing really!!

I agree it should be the family who announce it, but the story probably originated from people at the pub who thought he had died after witnessing the terrible accident, which is slightly different to people making things up.

Quote Originally Posted by Igovernor View Post
    All you slagging off Terry Philips, If you knew who the source was that gave him the info, then you would definitely say that it was one that could have been believed, sad to say it was not.
    And you know who that source was or is that another rumour?

Journos also know you never print based upon a single source...

EDIT: Ah, I see those are the latest claims on the cesspit to avoid culpability.

Unless it was an immediate family member then he ****ed up, he's old enough and experienced enough not to do that. I think that his initial actions were dis respectful, he's apologised now though, hopefully he'll learn.

Quote Originally Posted by tell it like it is View Post
    And you know who that source was or is that another rumour?

Journos also know you never print based upon a single source...
    Yes I do know, not a rumour, and it is already out there, but it is not my right to post it here, and he did apology and privately said he should have checked other sources!

Unless it was an immediate family member then he ****ed up, he's old enough and experienced enough not to do that. I think that his initial actions were dis respectful, he's apologised now though, hopefully he'll learn.
    I just find it interesting so many are claiming to know who the "source" was.

The only person they'd have got that "source" from would be El Tel as I doubt the source would be saying anything...

Yes I do know, not a rumour, and it is already out there, but it is not my right to post it here, and he did apology and privately said he should have checked other sources!
    And your evidence for the reported source being the source is?

El Tel has been a journo long enough to know the score. **** him.

And you believe everything you read?
    Right now I would believe him over you, as you have no knowledge about how Philips obtained his information. A very serious accident occured in a public place, and word of it travelled. It's possible the source of the story really did think it was a fatal accident, but it's pointless speculating about that at this moment in time.

Right now I would believe him over you, as you have no knowledge about how Philips obtained his information. A very serious accident occured in a public place, and word of it travelled. It's possible the source of the story really did think it was a fatal accident.
    Nor do you.

Word of the accident didn't travel at the time...

Again, every journalist knows you don't base any story on a single source...

Quote Originally Posted by tell it like it is View Post
    I just find it interesting so many are claiming to know who the "source" was.

The only person they'd have got that "source" from would be El Tel as I doubt the source would be saying anything...
    People know very little, seems Terry Philips is the same. It's a sad situation when people put stuff up because they've heard rumours from a third party. People can't keep their mouths shut.

People know very little, seems Terry Philips is the same. It's a sad situation when people put stuff up because they've heard rumours from a third party. People can't keep their mouths shut.
    It's human nature when something out of the ordinary happens.

Right now I would believe him over you, as you have no knowledge about how Philips obtained his information. A very serious accident occured in a public place, and word of it travelled. It's possible the source of the story really did think it was a fatal accident, but it's pointless speculating about that at this moment in time.
    Philips information was wrong, so it wasn't reliable, was it. That is a truth. You're just speculating..