+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Football Manager 2020.

Football Manager 2020.

If, as seems pretty obvious, we're in a state of lockdown soon, I was thinking of resurrecting my superb Football Manager career - is FM 2020 any good?

Re: Football Manager 2020.

Yes. I did my usual start off as Cardiff, fail, then start a game as the best team (Liverpool) and dominate.

Hours of fun

I've been playing the mobile version and I hate it.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    If, as seems pretty obvious, we're in a state of lockdown soon, I was thinking of resurrecting my superb Football Manager career - is FM 2020 any good?
    Can we look forward to a 16 years of Football Manager quiz to while away the days sometime soon then?

Got it last week (Steam are giving it away for free i saw on twitter) after a 3 or 4 years hiatus.

1st impression was not great but then i bothered to read up on the training / tactics and get into it. Second attempt with Cardiff after giving up the first in Jan but now well into my second season after promotion and already done a few 3am finishes.

Cardiff squad is great, can easily get you promoted. Glatzel is a goal machine. No money but always value in having 6 loanees on the books

Quote Originally Posted by OurManFlint II View Post
    Got it last week (Steam are giving it away for free i saw on twitter) after a 3 or 4 years hiatus.

1st impression was not great but then i bothered to read up on the training / tactics and get into it. Second attempt with Cardiff after giving up the first in Jan but now well into my second season after promotion and already done a few 3am finishes.

Cardiff squad is great, can easily get you promoted. Glatzel is a goal machine. No money but always value in having 6 loanees on the books
    I don't think I've got the patience to get into the training and tactics too deeply, it's so in depth these days

It'd beem cancelled due to the virus

Coincidentally I downloaded the PC demo last week to give it a try. I gave the assistant control of everything, played a friendly and haven't loaded it again since.

It just feels like such a chore to get going.

It’s free on steam until march 26th for PC or Mac

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    On a slightly different tangent, has anyone got X-Plane 11?
    I have never downloaded a game on my phone or computer in my life before, I simply have no interest.
    However, after reading online and seeing some YouTube videos about X-Plane, I decided to download it.
    Currently learning how to start up and program an Airbus A320.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I've been playing the mobile version and I hate it.
    I enjoy it but it's a bit easy

Thanks for the replies - it's being downloaded onto my computer now.

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Can we look forward to a 16 years of Football Manager quiz to while away the days sometime soon then?
    Football Manager match reports surely?

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    I'm sad, but not that sad .

I give it a week

I’m sure that fictional reports are within your realm Paul. Think about it, we’d have not seen the game so your imagination could run wild as your report would be the first port of call. I’m sure an American newspaper ran fictional reports on games during one of the baseball player strikes and they went down a storm with readers starved of real action.

This is a genuinely nice gesture, fair play to them

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    I’m sure that fictional reports are within your realm Paul. Think about it, we’d have not seen the game so your imagination could run wild as your report would be the first port of call. I’m sure an American newspaper ran fictional reports on games during one of the baseball player strikes and they went down a storm with readers starved of real action.
    I've been writing fictional reports on under 18 matches for years .

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Very popular in West Yorkshire I understand. Marching on together in a fantasy world. European Cup holders 2022 and other delusions!

I just looked, and it says play for free for 6 days. So does that mean that it locks after 6 days? Or is it 'mine'?

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    I just looked, and it says play for free for 6 days. So does that mean that it locks after 6 days? Or is it 'mine'?
    Pretty sure it locks. I had a quick look at it earlier - all seems a bit overwhelming.

Pretty sure it locks. I had a quick look at it earlier - all seems a bit overwhelming.
    Football Manger Touch is also free to play for 5 days, its a more stream lined version.

I think it locks, and I imagine most will buy it to keep playing. Clever really they should do at every release.

Honestly, stick to the simple stuff: tactics; transfers; emails and youth player development. I don't bother with press conferences and assign my assistant manager to handle all training / pre-match preperation. I just want to pick the team.

To get any new players just go to player scouting > search. Then use simple stuff like "available for transfer" or "available for loan" or "free agent." If you wish to you can be way more in-depth with the advanced search option.

I've been writing fictional reports on under 18 matches for years .

No wonder we got no bugger coming through the system.......nothing exists below the first team!!!!