+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Gary Neville

Gary Neville

Hands over his hotels to the NHS for free and pledges that all staff will be fully paid during the coming months. Imagine the difference if more rich people had the same attitude

https://twitter.com/AaronBastani/sta...811684355?s=20

Re: Gary Neville

Never really paid attention to him as a footballer as there was more flamboyant and skilful footballers in the Man Utd team that dominated for years.
    But since he’s retired and become a pundit he has come across as a thoroughly decent chap.

I'm so inspired by this that I pledge to do the same with every hotel that I own

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    I'm so inspired by this that I pledge to do the same with every hotel that I own
    You’ll need to pass Go a few more times Delmi and win a few Chance beauty contests first.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    You’ll need to pass Go a few more times Delmi and win a few Chance beauty contests first.
    how dare you

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Did Gary Neville win a beauty contest? 🤣

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Hands over his hotels to the NHS for free and pledges that all staff will be fully paid during the coming months. Imagine the difference if more rich people had the same attitude

https://twitter.com/AaronBastani/sta...811684355?s=20
    Think he's wasted as a pundit for football.

He observations about racism in football and society were nailed on, his effort today shows someone who understand the current situation and that everyone's effort is needed.

Puts some of our politicians to shame.

What a wonderful gesture by a man who has put his fellow men & women before profit.

On the football side of things, even when commenting of Man U, gives impartial viewpoints … a refreshing change today.

StT.
    <><

He’s a great man. Could do with his type of character in politics.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    Never really paid attention to him as a footballer as there was more flamboyant and skilful footballers in the Man Utd team that dominated for years.
    But since he’s retired and become a pundit he has come across as a thoroughly decent chap.
    I hated him as a player, but have been forced to change my opinion of him over the last few years to the extent that this news doesn't surprise me at all - he's a top man.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve the Tea View Post
    What a wonderful gesture by a man who has put his fellow men & women before profit.

<><
    Well to be fair, that hotel would have been running at a massive loss otherwise because it would have been empty. But that isn't really the point - he didn't have to do it, but he did, and for altrustic reasons. Good on him. And yes he seems a decent bloke who is determined to do the right thing. Doesn't he live in some tellytubbies eco-home? He had a sort-of Schteve McClaren moment when he thought he was Peter Kay by going on about olive oil and bread, but I think we can forgive him that.