+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Help - Work contracts

Help - Work contracts

My mrs is a teacher and worked last year as a year contract ‘in the first instance’ and was kept on this year but a contract never came through. Still working as normal still paid as normal, obviously just cautious of the situation now going forward

Any advice?

Re: Help - Work contracts

There should be a contract, otherwise any insurance is null and void, check the old contract there may be a clause saying that it can be extended by mutual agreement - if that's the case the T&Cs will still apply - I presume you mean notice period?

Re: Help - Work contracts

Quote Originally Posted by Toadstool View Post
    There should be a contract, otherwise any insurance is null and void, check the old contract there may be a clause saying that it can be extended by mutual agreement - if that's the case the T&Cs will still apply - I presume you mean notice period?
    Not true. A contract of employment doesn’t have to be in writing.

If your wife is working as an employee, and being paid as an employee, she is an employee, end of. A written contract is obviously better so she can prove any terms and conditions, but it’s not essential.

Ask yourself this, if she hadn’t gone to work one day in January, before all this started, would her employer have wanted to know why, of course they would, because she’s expected to turn up for work. Don’t worry, she’ll be fine.