+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: RIP Peter Whittingham -- Tribute Thread

Re: Whitts RIP - Confirmed Wales Online

R.I.P. Whitts, a true cardiff City legend. One of the best players I have seen, in my 52 years of watching us play, to wear ever wear the shirt.

Sincere condolences at this very sad time to his family and friends

Re: RIP Peter Whittingham

You tend to think if someone is in hospital they'll fix it. Obviously they can't always. So very sad.

Gutted about this was hoping for a happy ending for all concerned

Awful news.

RIP Whitts.

So, so sad. RIP Peter.

Our thought are with Peter's family and friends at this very sad time.

Stunned. I was hoping he would pull through. Heaven's eleven have another team mate. Too young. RIP Whitts. That free kick v Leicester. Special, just special.

R.I.P. Peter.

Tragic news.

I can tell people that I had the privilege to watch you play.

RIP LEGEND.

Devastated... RIP Peter.

Truly awful if not unexpected news. Our finest player of the last 50 years who gave us so many of those wonderful moments that are the reason we want to watch football matches in the first place. Thoughts very much with his family. RIP Whitts.

R.I.P to a City legend, such a talent. Heartfelt wishes to Family and Friends #7.

Gutted. RIP Whitts. Gave me my best memories in football, and I think he will always be my favourite player. So sad for his family. 35 is no age.

i know it might sound odd but i still cant believe he is 35 i kinda looked up to him sort of thing... like as if he was older, i dont know if that makes sense and i suppose it does not need too...

just sad... had so many expectations on him during match days, and jumped and leaped for joy when he scored, and as we all know he barely ever broke a smile or celebrated, i liked that sort of confident silent aggression about him

looking back i really would have like to have known him for a chat other than just a player i admired from the stand...

minds wandering now its like a bad dream all this... crazy

rip sir peter

tragic..rip

Speechless....RIP Whitt’s you legend. Gutted

Quote Originally Posted by Shute View Post
    You're a bloody Legend Whitts. Possibly the best midfielder in the history of the Championship. I will never forget what you did for us.
    Absolutely. Realistically he was always too good for us. It feels like I’ve lost a family member today. I’m not ashamed to admit I cried like a baby when the official word came, even tho it was expected. Fly high Bluebird.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Proper legend. I hope the club do something permanent to memorialize him.
    Definitely. Retire the shirt and name the Ninian Stand after him before we resume!

Re: Whitts RIP - Confirmed Wales Online

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dwr View Post
    How good is that?

RIP Whitts

thanks for 10 years of pleasure

Rest In Peace City Legend x

RIP Whitts

#RetireSeven

I remember being at a home game when Malky was in charge. We had a free kick a few metres outside the opposition penalty area and Whitts was stood over the ball. The Canton Stand was singing the "He does what he wants" song.

"Why are they singing that?" I heard someone sat near me ask. They must not have seen him play before.

Whitts struck the ball perfectly into the top corner of the goal. The keeper had no chance.

"That's why," came the reply just as the ball hit the back of the net. Of course, Whitts didn't celebrate.

We were so lucky to have him.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Nicely put Bob

Welling up watching his goals here. Absolutely gutted.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    I remember being at a home game when Malky was in charge. We had a free kick a few metres outside the opposition penalty area and Whitts was stood over the ball. The Canton Stand was singing the "He does what he wants" song.

"Why are they singing that?" I heard someone sat near me ask. They must not have seen him play before.

Whitts struck the ball perfectly into the top corner of the goal. The keeper had no chance.

"That's why," came the reply just as the ball hit the back of the net. Of course, Whitts didn't celebrate.

We were so lucky to have him.
    That’s so weird, maybe we stood close to each other because I can remember exactly that scenario!

Realistically he was always better than us, we were incredibly lucky to have him. Villa made a huge mistake letting him go, he would have been just as impressive in the EPL!