Hearing the awful news of the tragic death of Peter Whittingham has left this City fan stunned. What an absolute tragedy. My condolences and prayers go to his wife Amanda and his family who have to try to come to terms with this impossible news.

As a player he gave City fans so much pleasure, scoring ridiculous goals with consummate ease. He was, in the correct sense, a true Cardiff City legend.

During his decade at City I nicknamed him, ‘Dick,’ after the pantomime character, Dick Whittington. But he was not confined to displaying his talents at the lower end of football's pantomime leagues; rather, when at his prime he made even the best look leaden-footed. Towards the end of his City career, true age was beginning to catch up with his legs, but still he was capable of exquisite skill. His loyalty to us and his humility toward all he met were the hallmark of greatness. He will always be remembered as a true gent, a true sportsman and a true Cardiff City legend.

RIP: Peter ‘Dick’ Whittingham. May your memory be a blessing.

I trust the attached clip will bring back some of Peter’s sublime talents and ridiculous goals to our thoughts.

https://youtu.be/gqIN__uBXW8