+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: RIP Peter Whittingham -- Tribute Thread

Re: RIP Peter Whittingham

Half expecting this news, but that doesn't make it any less devastating.

RIP and heartfelt condolences to his friends and family.

Peter

RIP Legend - Will forever be remembered as my favourite player

Re: Whitts RIP - Confirmed Wales Online

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Thoughts are with the family

Cardiff City hero Peter Whittingham dies, aged 35: Latest tributes
    I remember seeing on Twitter recently a post of all his 98 goals for the club; I thought that I'd saved it but obvs hadn't and I'd really like to watch it now......

Does anyone have it?

Such a wonderfully talented footballer and family man. Condolences go out to all family, friends and supporters at this sad time. Thanks for some of my best memories watching the City play.
    Rest in Peace Bluebird Peter.

Dreadful news. Goodbye Peter. You will live on forever in our hearts.

One of the City greats, no doubt about it, no player has scored so many ‘crackers’ for us, some scored a few but, Christ, the majority of his were so special. RIP, so sad we can’t give him the send off he deserves at this moment.

Proper legend. I hope the club do something permanent to memorialize him.

Unbelievable............RIP Whitts..........It was a pleasure to watch you play for us............god bless your wife and kids.

457 appearances for the club in an era where that was unheard of at Championship level, never heard a bad word said about him. A true club legend. Far too young and my condolences go to his family.

Seems unreal. RIP Whitts, you're a Bluebirds legend.

RIP Peter Whittingham

RIP Peter Whittingham. My sincere condolences go out to his family and friends.

I have supported the Bluebirds for nearly sixty years and Peter was one of the best players that I saw play for us, a real gentleman. This is a very sad day.

Awful news.
    Feel absolutely gutted, his poor young family.
    RIP Whitt’s, will never be forgotten at CCFC.

RIP Whitts, you excited so many fans with your football and have left us with many happy memories of great times for the City. Condolences to your family and friends. A very sad day.

I don't do heartfelt posts about celebrities/footballers passing etc, can often find them a little tasteless, people following the crowd etc. I'll be honest though the original reports about Whitts, shocked and sadened me to the point of tears on Tuesday. The news this afternoon whilst inevitable, is devastating.

I saw every second of every minute of every game this absolute wizard ever played for us. I really was his biggest fan. The amount of times I got into blazing rows with people telling them that I knew the stats and Whitts covered more ground than anyone else and intercepted more than anyone by his positioning. Told people they were idiots just because they couldnt see it as he never ran around like a headless chicken. I had no idea how true any of this ever was, but I was robust in my defence 😂.

I think the angriest I've ever been after a football match wasn't a play-off defeat or wasnt after a sh*t refereeing decision. No, it was Warnock hooking him off in what we all knew was going to be Whittingham's last home game. I was absolutely seething and it took me a long while to just accept it was part of football. I called Warnock everything that night 🙈.

The guy was a gentleman and just adored by all. He was also the most understated footballer youve ever probably come across, completely refusing the attention that came with the job! He even refused a testimonial to celebrate his near 11 year service to the club. I guess that's whats so upsetting about the stuff that was posted too early by people earlier this week. This guy avoided the limelight; and you can be sure he wouldve wanted his family to be afforded the same. Love and thoughts to them.

Peter Whittingham - Mr Cardiff City. Rest in peace 💙

This REALLY hurts. I’ve been watching since 1972. No one even comes close to him. I have 4 kids - he was and remains the only player they’ve ever ‘loved’.

He loved South Wales .... I wish he’d never left us

Quote Originally Posted by ccfcwelshlad View Post
    I don't do heartfelt posts about celebrities/footballers passing etc, can often find them a little tasteless, people following the crowd etc. I'll be honest though the original reports about Whitts, shocked and sadened me to the point of tears on Tuesday. The news this afternoon whilst inevitable, is devastating.

I saw every second of every minute of every game this absolute wizard ever played for us. I really was his biggest fan. The amount of times I got into blazing rows with people telling them that I knew the stats and Whitts covered more ground than anyone else and intercepted more than anyone by his positioning. Told people they were idiots just because they couldnt see it as he never ran around like a headless chicken. I had no idea how true any of this ever was, but I was robust in my defence ��.

I think the angriest I've ever been after a football match wasn't a play-off defeat or wasnt after a sh*t refereeing decision. No, it was Warnock hooking him off in what we all knew was going to be Whittingham's last home game. I was absolutely seething and it took me a long while to just accept it was part of football. I called Warnock everything that night ��.

The guy was a gentleman and just adored by all. He was also the most understated footballer youve ever probably come across, completely refusing the attention that came with the job! He even refused a testimonial to celebrate his near 11 year service to the club. I guess that's whats so upsetting about the stuff that was posted too early by people earlier this week. This guy avoided the limelight; and you can be sure he wouldve wanted his family to be afforded the same. Love and thoughts to them.

Peter Whittingham - Mr Cardiff City. Rest in peace ��
    Great post.

Awful news, always seemed such a lovely guy and as a player, undoubtedly one of the best to have turned out for us.

RIP Peter, thank you for giving me and my father some terrific memories.

My condolences to his family and friends.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Awful news.

Our loss is nothing compared to the grief of his family and close friends, but we have lost a club icon and way too young.
    This. ^^^

I really can't think of another player who on so many occasions made it feel great being a City fan.

The greatest bluebird I ever saw. I wanted you back at the club to help younger players learn from your unbelievable talent. That will now never be. But we will love you forever.

Thank you for the years of magic and the unforgettable goals, including the best goal I ever saw with my own eyes.

You're a bloody Legend Whitts. Possibly the best midfielder in the history of the Championship. I will never forget what you did for us.

Terrible for Peter and his family and hard to believe. There are many football fans around the country who will be saddened to hear of this. It will hit Cardiff fans the most as he was a legend at your club. It says something that he stayed in South Wales at the end of his career.