+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Social distancing isnt working as well as it should

Social distancing isnt working as well as it should

Social distancing isnt working, the Government need to take the options out of our hands ( they have made a start by closing pubs / bars / restaurants / cafes / pools and gyms tonight ), yes some are working from home, but people are still out and about, i popped into Argos tonight ( my daughter wanted a weight set to try and keep fit, from 3 or 4 netball training sessions and 2 or 3 matches ,3 sessions in the pool and a few sessions in the gym per week to staying home, its going to be tough for her, we have a bit of a home gym on the go, not to mention we have just moved and will be working on the place ) and the " out of town " shopping place was rammed, for the record i was in and out in 5 mins

This week i have lost 1100 quid a week of contracts, i understand that closing the non-essential shops will means its tough ( though the government has pulled out all the stops to help the workers imho )

whats the point of closing schools when B & M and various other stores have people just jollying around buying bath mats and a set of 4 mugs

would lockdown for 2 months really be that hard ? ? ? ? especially if we kicked the arse out of this virus

Re: Social distancing isnt working as well as it should

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    Social distancing isnt working, the Government need to take the options out of our hands ( they have made a start by closing pubs / bars / restaurants / cafes / pools and gyms tonight ), yes some are working from home, but people are still out and about, i popped into Argos tonight ( my daughter wanted a weight set to try and keep fit, from 3 or 4 netball training sessions and 2 or 3 matches ,3 sessions in the pool and a few sessions in the gym per week to staying home, its going to be tough for her, we have a bit of a home gym on the go, not to mention we have just moved and will be working on the place ) and the " out of town " shopping place was rammed, for the record i was in and out in 5 mins

This week i have lost 1100 quid a week of contracts, i understand that closing the non-essential shops will means its tough ( though the government has pulled out all the stops to help the workers imho )

whats the point of closing schools when B & M and various other stores have people just jollying around buying bath mats and a set of 4 mugs

would lockdown for 2 months really be that hard ? ? ? ? especially if we kicked the arse out of this virus
    I think the point is you can't go from nothing to full lockdown instantly.

Thursday you get reminded, Friday we are telling you, Saturday it's enforced.

There'll always be people who will defy it.

Get the majority conforming first, force the rest and punish the dumbest.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Paget Flashman View Post
    I think the point is you can't go from nothing to full lockdown instantly.

Thursday you get reminded, Friday we are telling you, Saturday it's enforced.

There'll always be people who will defy it.

Get the majority conforming first, force the rest and punish the dumbest.
    true, but till the government shuts the non-essential stores down, they will stay open and people will visit them

true, but till the government shuts the non-essential stores down, they will stay open and people will visit them
    That'll be tomorrow and Sunday then.

I suspect the Govt has already written off 150,000 people so why introduce mass hysteria.

Build up to the lockdown and go from there.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Paget Flashman View Post
    That'll be tomorrow and Sunday then.

I suspect the Govt has already written off 150,000 people so why introduce mass hysteria.

Build up to the lockdown and go from there.
    for me, the sooner the better, lets keep that number down as low as we can

Pub by us is rammed with youngsters celebrating leaving school. "Close as soon as practical" No chance.

Quote Originally Posted by IanD View Post
    Pub by us is rammed with youngsters celebrating leaving school. "Close as soon as practical" No chance.
    The gym at the leisure centre my daughter works at this evening was rammed, busiest i have seen it

The gym at the leisure centre my daughter works at this evening was rammed, busiest i have seen it
    People are still going to the gym? I can understand people going to a pub, because you can convince yourself that if you act appropriately you probably stand a good chance of getting away with it. But a gym? Exertion, heaving breathing, sweating, benches, weights, machines, lockers, showers, towels etc. WTF?

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    People are still going to the gym? I can understand people going to a pub, because you can convince yourself that if you act appropriately you probably stand a good chance of getting away with it. But a gym? Exertion, heaving breathing, sweating, benches, weights, machines, lockers, showers, towels etc. WTF?
    Dirty sweaty towels efficiently moving the virus from one surface to the next until they're all covered, and everyone wiping their face with the same towel.

You'd be insane to go.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Dirty sweaty towels efficiently moving the virus from one surface to the next until they're all covered, and everyone wiping their face with the same towel.

You'd be insane to go.
    Gyms and leisure centres have been told to close.

Should it have started this week or are we already acting too late when the first recorded case in UK was 31/01/2020? We're a week away from when the 6 Nations decided to cancel the game in Cardiff despite the fact that if it had gone ahead they would have still been acting within UK government guidance. How do you define workers? People who are self-employed, people who have already been laid off, the NHS staff worried that they're not being tested or do not have right equipment? Based on current trajectory, next week will see more measures announced and more people supported but the response has been awfully slow so far.

Fingers crossed it can be lockdown for 2 months and problem fixed but I've seen predictions of 12 plus months. That's going to be extremely difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Should it have started this week or are we already acting too late when the first recorded case in UK was 31/01/2020? We're a week away from when the 6 Nations decided to cancel the game in Cardiff despite the fact that if it had gone ahead they would have still been acting within UK government guidance. How do you define workers? People who are self-employed, people who have already been laid off, the NHS staff worried that they're not being tested or do not have right equipment? Based on current trajectory, next week will see more measures announced and more people supported but the response has been awfully slow so far.

Fingers crossed it can be lockdown for 2 months and problem fixed but I've seen predictions of 12 plus months. That's going to be extremely difficult.
    they called the rugby off,but wasn't there a phonics concert there in the night,where's the sense in that

It's a bit much blaming people for being slow on this. Your govt. have made total assholes of you around Europe by not taking it seriously.
    You've been making it up as you go along.

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

Johnson and his cronies don’t have a good track record of telling the truth. I guess there’s still a lot of semi belief about what he’s saying

Until people start taking this seriously we’ll remain in some kind of state of semi belief

I’m told that last night Canton libs had a reduced price evening. Some of the members complained that given the at risk category of its membership encouraging them to gather to drink cheap beer and ignore Johnson’s warning was irresponsible.

Allegedly The chairman claimed he knew better than the PM about this

Next door neighbours had aparty last night with a handicapped kid in bed

Quote Originally Posted by dandywarhol View Post
    Next door neighbours had aparty last night with a handicapped kid in bed
    People's ignorance is staggering.

The amount of deaths that will soon hit is going to be tragic. The pricks like above should be charged with negligence. As for the idiots who gathered in bars singing "F#ck the virus" just shows the mentality of a lot of people.

My daughter works in IKEA. She's in work today, along with at least 100 show floor staff, and the store is closed. What's the point in that?

Everywhere around me in Heath is very quiet, even the park apart from a few families getting there kids out which is fine. Amazed to hear people are out getting pissed in pubs, begs belief. It’s basically like lockdown anyway so we might aswell all do it properly for 3 weeks or whatever, no one will do it much longer than that anyway, it’s impossible.

Banned

FFS. The out of town shopping centre was rammed because people like you were going there. It's not all the other people's fault it was rammed, you contribute to that too you complete and utter amoeba.

There is some serious selfishness going on. We have enough loo roll to last until Wednesday. Tried to get some more to see us through to next week but the shelves are empty. The Government need to get tough on stockpiling. At the moment they are skirting the issue.

Banned

You'd be insane to go.
    We don't wipe our face with the same towel, but you are right. I stopped going to the gym 3 weeks ago and before that I'd reduced to one a week.

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCC3PO View Post
    We don't wipe our face with the same towel, but you are right. I stopped going to the gym 3 weeks ago and before that I'd reduced to one a week.
    Probably true but it's next to impossible not to touch your face when it's sweaty, and your hands are all over that moist and warm towel.

you were out and about and youre complaining that people arent social distancing?

Banned

Probably true but it's next to impossible not to touch your face when it's sweaty, and your hands are all over that moist and warm towel.
    Yeah, it's not a healthy place to be, the gym. Definitely got more colds after I joined so that is why I stopped going when this started getting shit.