Program starts at 2pm with Neil Harris all things Cardiff City

Then Dave Jones and Chopra talking about OUR PETER

Re: RADIO WALES tribute to PETER WHITTINGHAM today at 3pm

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Program starts at 2pm with Neil Harris all things Cardiff City

Then Dave Jones and Chopra talking about OUR PETER
    Thanks, I'll give that a listen.

Thought Trevor Sinclair spoke well about Whitts.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Thought Trevor Sinclair spoke well about Whitts.

Nice tribute, but I thought that was a strange one. Was Robbie Fowler known for his left foot? I think Whitts had a better left foot than most, including Fowler.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Nice tribute, but I thought that was a strange one. Was Robbie Fowler known for his left foot? I think Whitts had a better left foot than most, including Fowler.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PszD...hannel=A7Films

Before Salah came along, Fowler held the record for the most left-footed goals in a Premier League season.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Yeh, different type of players. He may have just been thinking of a left-footed player known as a very good finisher. I thought in general he captured the player and man well.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Yeh, very different type of players. He may have just been thinking of a left-footed player known as a good finisher. I thought in general he captured the player and man well.
    In fairness, Fowler also scored some amazing goals from distance with his left foot.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    In fairness, Fowler also scored some amazing goals from distance with his left foot.
    Yep, that’s probably what he meant then

Whitt’s had a better left peg than Fowler!

Any chance the tribute can get posted on here later? Is there technology to do that..

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    Whitt’s had a better left peg than Fowler!

Any chance the tribute can get posted on here later? Is there technology to do that..
    If no one else does, I will.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    If no one else does, I will.
    Please post it... for those of us living outside the UK we often get a ‘this content isn’t available in your region’ message...

I’d love a guaranteed to work link.... sorry to be so demanding 👍

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    Please post it... for those of us living outside the UK we often get a ‘this content isn’t available in your region’ message...

I’d love a guaranteed to work link.... sorry to be so demanding ��
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/mmt5gfmkhv...Wales.mp3?dl=0

Fowler had a wand of a left foot he wasn’t a tap in striker

Thank you

Thank you so much... bawled my eyes out for the first 10 mins. Will treasure this link

Thank you so much... bawled my eyes out for the first 10 mins. Will treasure this link
    You should be able to download it. If not, take the ?dl=0 from the link

I found it very strange hearing him being interviewed. Can't recall him being one for that.

Thanks for taking the time and effort to produce a download.

I found it very strange hearing him being interviewed. Can't recall him being one for that.
    No he wasn't was he - he spoke so well as well.

Still hard to take in that we're hearing a tribute to the late Peter Whittingham.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    No he wasn't was he - he spoke so well as well.

Still hard to take in that we're hearing a tribute to the late Peter Whittingham.
    I really liked the way that he didn't feel the need to justify how he played the game, saying that he was crap at tackling and if people thought of him as a luxury player then so be it. Not an ounce of anger or doubt in his voice, lt was like he was very content in his own skin. I used to hate it when a section of our cretinous support would get on his back because he wasn't throwing himself into tackles and not acting emotively. It seemed that some of our fans were only happy with players who looked like they cared while producing **** all. A pass that nobody in this division was capable of doing was enough to show me that Whittingham cared and loved playing for this club. One of the good guys it seems, happy with his lot and not full of self importance.

Cheers for putting this up Eric. Just drying my eyes now.
    Spedger

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I really liked the way that he didn't feel the need to justify how he played the game, saying that he was crap at tackling and if people thought of him as a luxury player then so be it. Not an ounce of anger or doubt in his voice, lt was like he was very content in his own skin. I used to hate it when a section of our cretinous support would get on his back because he wasn't throwing himself into tackles and not acting emotively. It seemed that some of our fans were only happy with players who looked like they cared while producing **** all. A pass that nobody in this division was capable of doing was enough to show me that Whittingham cared and loved playing for this club. One of the good guys it seems, happy with his lot and not full of self importance.
    Essentially, we've played direct, physical and basic football for the time I've supported the team, but there have always been talented individuals who were good enough to still give supporters who like to see something a bit more cultured something to enjoy. Lately, there have been less such players involved as the football, although still occasionally successful, became more attritional. Towards the latter part of his time with us, although his effectiveness has begun to wane, there was still Whitts to enjoy - it's no coincidence that I whinge much more about the "entertainment" on offer now the man who did what he wanted has gone.

Talking of passes which no one else in the division could play - I can still see the incredible pass he played to Jay Bothroyd for what I'm fairly sure was his first goal for us in this match in 2008;-

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot..._1/7639304.stm

Not surprisingly, I couldn't find a video of it, but, disappointingly, I couldn't find one of the 6-0 win against the wurzels when Whitts played a pass almost, but not as quite as good as that one to Ross McCormack I think it was for one of our goals.

As for his tackling, it was worse than Paul Scholes and his disciplinary record got worse as what pace he had deserted him - he was booked fifteen times in his first five seasons with us and forty two (plus a red card) in the next seven!

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    Thank you
    Seconded!