+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Drastic wage cuts

Drastic wage cuts

6k maximum wage per week
    Clubs like Forest Leeds etc have gambled on promotion with no parachute money and are coming unstuck big time.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...nship-17958186

Re: Drastic wage cuts

Why don't clubs go one step further and stop paying the players agents fees. If a player wants an agent to represent him/her that's fine, i just don't see why clubs should be burdened with these parasites fees.

Quote Originally Posted by noodles View Post
    Why don't clubs go one step further and stop paying the players agents fees. If a player wants an agent to represent him/her that's fine, i just don't see why clubs should be burdened with these parasites fees.
    Definitely!
    If a player wants an agent, then that player employs and pays him, not the club

Championship wages 107% of its turnover, average wage 15k a week , based on average income should be down to 4 or 5k..

Common football wake up before you become a victim .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Championship wages 107% of its turnover, average wage 15k a week , based on average income should be down to 4 or 5k..

Common football wake up before you become a victim .
    Fair few clubs in a lot of bother over last summer.

Can't imagine this summer being any better.

We were running the club with huge wages under jones for years

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    We were running the club with huge wages under jones for years
    Russell Slade clear out era saved us from the OGS spend and bust season and tail end Malky legacy.

Quote Originally Posted by noodles View Post
    I'm pretty sure if it was that simple then it would have already happened as nobody likes an agent, with the exception of the footballer himself, agents are the best thing that ever happened to a footballer.

Hopefully though this situation will start something which sees an overhaul of the current system which we all know has ruined the game.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    I'm pretty sure if it was that simple then it would have already happened as nobody likes an agent, with the exception of the footballer himself, agents are the best thing that ever happened to a footballer.

Hopefully though this situation will start something which sees an overhaul of the current system which we all know has ruined the game.

We can all but prey , it's a dreadful model full of dodgy practices and greedy operators .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    We can all but prey , it's a dreadful model full of dodgy practices and greedy operators .
    Appropriate wrong spelling of prey in this instance, unscrupulous agents do see players & clubs as prey.