+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shut the beaches and parks

Re: Shut the beaches and parks

I've just come back from the supermarket and not one person I saw had a second thought about putting their bare hands on the supermarket trolley handles.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    I've just come back from the supermarket and not one person I saw had a second thought about putting their bare hands on the supermarket trolley handles.
    What did you do? Wash your hands first and wipe down the handles, then put some surgical gloves on?

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    What did you do? Wash your hands first and wipe down the handles, then put some surgical gloves on?
    Just put some clean paper towels over the handle. If it saves me from getting the virus and passing it on to someone vulnerable (and someone close to me is in that category) it's not a big deal. Were you being facetious, by any chance?

Just put some clean paper towels over the handle. If it saves me from getting the virus and passing it on to someone vulnerable (and someone close to me is in that category) it's not a big deal. Were you being facetious, by any chance?
    No, i wasn't. I was interested to hear what you did to limit your chances of catching-spreading the Virus. It's difficult, as people still need to touch food, veg etc.

Quote Originally Posted by light up the darkness View Post
    Already backpackers and locals who attended the beach parties last week are testing positive with the virus

Unfkgbelievable
    It will be the folks who went to Barry yesterday clogging up the hospital beds here, the fools. Got a few doctors live on my street, one next door, they cannot believe people were so dumb. Plenty of empty beds at the moment they tell me, let’s hope it stays that way hey

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCC3PO View Post
    Here are 100 glasses of water, but 3 of them will kill you....

People who went to the beach today - "I'll have a few glasses, 97 of them won't kill me so it's ok"

Those of us who stayed home "Hmmm, I'll remain thirsty and alive."
    Its not as straightforward as that.

The 3 may be fit and well. However they pick up an infection pass it on until it eventually passes to someone they will never meet who may have taken precautions but isnt so lucky.

No, i wasn't. I was interested to hear what you did to limit your chances of catching-spreading the Virus. It's difficult, as people still need to touch food, veg etc.
    Just had a phone call from one of the oldies in my street that I am meant to shop for if they are taken ill. He currently shops on behalf of himself and his wife but he uses new rubber gloves for each trip to the supermarket. The cash point is already out of bounds and people need to use contactless payments where possible and be mindful of touching the self-service monitors with their bare hands. Such simple measures could save lives.

Just had a phone call from one of the oldies in my street that I am meant to shop for if they are taken ill. He currently shops on behalf of himself and his wife but he uses new rubber gloves for each trip to the supermarket. The cash point is already out of bounds and people need to use contactless payments where possible and be mindful of touching the self-service monitors with their bare hands. Such simple measures could save lives.
    I’m always moaning about people using contactless for small amounts, but my last 3 purchases by this method have been £2.20p, £2.70p and a whopping £1.70p today for mushrooms

Stay save everyone

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    I’m always moaning about people using contactless for small amounts, but my last 3 purchases by this method have been £2.20p, £2.70p and a whopping £1.70p today for mushrooms

Stay save everyone
    So finally he admits CASH IS NOT KING

Also, I won't be going on any beach walks again, if it's busy like that then not worth the risk even if you can stay metres away from each other. Laps of the garden from now on

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    So finally he admits CASH IS NOT KING I knew that was coming

Also, I won't be going on any beach walks again, if it's busy like that then not worth the risk even if you can stay metres away from each other. Laps of the garden from now on
    Na, cash is still KING, just not worth dying for

STAY SAFE

Na, cash is still KING, just not worth dying for

STAY SAFE
    You too mate

My wife and i put our mobile phone numbers out to known elderly neighbours, on a card through their letterbox, with a little note saying that both of us are available at certain times (after work and weekends) if they need anything dropped off or just need a chat due to feeling isolated or worried. We don't know them all that well but thought it was the right thing to do, explaining that we both work full time and we have kids etc.

One of them has told all her friends from day centre that we're running this 'service' and we've had about 10 phone calls asking for stuff to be dropped over! We've even had sons and daughters calling from distant parts of the country asking us to go to their parents houses, one lady even told us where they keep the cash! Obviously told them that we're not a service, just helping out. I shouldn't laugh, but i was like Victor Meldrew every time the phone rang the other night

My wife and i put our mobile phone numbers out to known elderly neighbours, on a card through their letterbox, with a little note saying that both of us are available at certain times (after work and weekends) if they need anything dropped off or just need a chat due to feeling isolated or worried. We don't know them all that well but thought it was the right thing to do, explaining that we both work full time and we have kids etc.

One of them has told all her friends from day centre that we're running this 'service' and we've had about 10 phone calls asking for stuff to be dropped over! We've even had sons and daughters calling from distant parts of the country asking us to go to their parents houses, one lady even told us where they keep the cash! Obviously told them that we're not a service, just helping out. I shouldn't laugh, but i was like Victor Meldrew every time the phone rang the other night
    Ha that's brilliant, fair play for doing what you can.

Now that is funny! I have drawn the short straw in having all the bungalows in my street!

Now that is funny! I have drawn the short straw in having all the bungalows in my street!
    At least there’s no stairs to climb

Jesus, how many Bungalows are on your street?

Quote Originally Posted by dandywarhol View Post
    For **** sake. What a bunch of morons we have in this country
    thats the issue with " guidelines " I said it before, the Government need to grow a pair and close all the non-essential shops / stores, I drove through town today and all the shops were open, all the hair dressers / barbers etc etc

take the options out of the public's hands and close everything down

Quote Originally Posted by Maccy Blue View Post
    Is that true? If so people really are dumb.
    Prosecute the pub

There's a Prime Ministerial broadcast at 8.30pm. More restrictions to follow.

Stay save everyone
    Don't forget to wipe your card down if someone else touches it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    There's a Prime Ministerial broadcast at 8.30pm. More restrictions to follow.
    You got that right.