+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Warnock comments

Warnock comments

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...mpression=true

As I think Welshlad said, one of the saddest things about Whitt’s Cardiff career was the ignominious way in which it ended.... reading Warnock’s comments brings a bitter taste to my mouth... Fitness... Really ????

Re: Warnock comments

I don't think Whitts was a fan of Warnock from what I've heard, hence him leaving when he didn't want to. Not too sure about Warnock's comments either.

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...mpression=true

As I think Welshlad said, one of the saddest things about Whitt’s Cardiff career was the ignominious way in which it ended.... reading Warnock’s comments brings a bitter taste to my mouth... Fitness... Really ????
    Legs, more than fitness. He was no Gunnarsson. While an unfair comparison, he wasn't a Don Cowie who is still covering miles every game at a venerable age without doing much!

Whitts was never blessed with pace, but read things so well. In his last season or two, Whitts main asset was his set pieces but no longer had much influence in open play. Blackburn fans also suggested Whitts no longer had it and he disappeared without a trace there. It's a mystery why, as Whitts was only 32 when he left. That's hardly old.

He brought in Craig Bryson to replace him - and to be fair, we went up - with a lot of the thanks going to Bryson. But you could never question Whitts fitness

Im not a fan of his and I havent forgiven Warnock for the double substitution in Whitts last home game. Didnt even give him the round of applause he deserved. Everyone knew it was his last home game for us.

However, on this occasion, I think its just the wrong word and expression used by Colin. Whitts didnt have the legs or intensity Warnock demands from his midfielders. He couldnt give two shits how well they could pass the ball as his sides bypass midfield. He wanted his midfielders to do the ugly stuff and that was never Whitts game.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Im not a fan of his and I havent forgiven Warnock for the double substitution in Whitts last home game. Didnt even give him the round of applause he deserved. Everyone knew it was his last home game for us.

However, on this occasion, I think its just the wrong word and expression used by Colin. Whitts didnt have the legs or intensity Warnock demands from his midfielders. He couldnt give two shits how well they could pass the ball as his sides bypass midfield. He wanted his midfielders to do the ugly stuff and that was never Whitts game.
    In a nutshell.