+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Great news if true

Great news if true

Re: Great news if true

That’s very good news. We are going to see a surge in the next few weeks so all of this extra resource will be hugely important.

https://mol.im/a/8134785

Possible drug that could arrest the Virus .

I'm determined to stay positive and hopeful.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Only England though, is it?

https://mol.im/a/8134785

Possible drug that could arrest the Virus .

I'm determined to stay positive and hopeful.
    I read earlier about a antimalarial Drug that the Australians were trying out against covid, chloraquin, i recognised the name as i took it when i was travelling in the early 90's, the side effects were rough as hell ( better to be alive though )

I hope that, once things return to normal, this goverment realise the importance of the NHS and, rather than keep cutting it to the bone, decide to fund it properly.

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    I read earlier about a antimalarial Drug that the Australians were trying out against covid, chloraquin, i recognised the name as i took it when i was travelling in the early 90's, the side effects were rough as hell ( better to be alive though )
    My father told me the small pox vaccination was awful.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    That’s very good news. We are going to see a surge in the next few weeks so all of this extra resource will be hugely important.
    It is good news - especially if the private health companies are making their facilities and staff available to the NHS at cost - with no profiteering mark up. Devil in the detail though - even if that is for another day. In Spain the government is just requisitioning private health facilities and (I assume) conscripting the private health medical and support staff to the state service.

A lot of stuff I read is about England only. I saw the privitisation deal but this says in England.

Health is devolved, I worry we are getting a bit left behind here.

Trump the other day about chloraquin (Plaquenil) taken in combination with arithromycin. The combination has shown some positive results in some patients with Covid19 and Trump has given the FDA authority to expand the trials and roll out the (potential) treatment.
    I, along with many other with Rheumatoid arthritis, have been taking chloraquin for many years.
    Fingers crossed.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Trump the other day about chloraquin (Plaquenil) taken in combination with arithromycin. The combination has shown some positive results in some patients with Covid19 and Trump has given the FDA authority to expand the trials and roll out the (potential) treatment.
    I, along with many other with Rheumatoid arthritis, have been taking chloraquin for many years.
    Fingers crossed.

Isn't one of them a Malaria treatment??

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Only England though, is it?
    Didnt realise that I do wonder about devolution and the ability to manage it ?

Isn't one of them a Malaria treatment??
    Chloraquin is the malaria treatment, arithromycin is an antibiotic used to treat the symptoms of pneumonia.

Trump mentioned this drug with another. He thought it could be used immediately. 🙄 Trials will take a long time. It can cause heart problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I hope that, once things return to normal, this goverment realise the importance of the NHS and, rather than keep cutting it to the bone, decide to fund it properly.
    Under Johnson? Good luck with that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    A lot of stuff I read is about England only. I saw the privitisation deal but this says in England.

Health is devolved, I worry we are getting a bit left behind here.
    The labour controlled Sennedd has had a very poor 22 year spell

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    The labour controlled Sennedd has had a very poor 22 year spell
    It can only do what it can with the funding available.