+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The U.K. is currently on the exact same trajectory for deaths as Italy

Re: The U.K. is currently on the exact same trajectory for deaths as Italy

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    I can understand them thinking that but no one knows which plan is right and which plan is wrong. It is a completely unknown situation.We in UK always seem to think everyone else is right and we are wrong but by and large we do quite well. The only way we know is when the final numbers are counted
    Yeah let's wait until loads of people have died before making a decision.

There are plenty of case studies round the world of countries who have done it right and wrong. We've chosen to go down the route of italy and spain.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Looking at the figures the Chinese way is the right way but it is something that wouldn't work here, not least because those in charge don't have the same level of power.

In the same way we can't build two hospitals in a week or whatever it was.

The mindset of the people is also very different. I know people who live with an elderly relative that on Friday had to go for one last pint because they wouldn't be able to for some time.
    ‘Had’ to go out? Really?

International

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post

There are plenty of case studies round the world of countries who have done it right and wrong. We've chosen to go down the route of italy and spain.
    You cannot have case studies of something that is on-going. You can only study it once it is finished and all the facts and figures are known.
    That won't be for some time. As someone said, there are so many variables that it is impossible to know something is absolutely right or absolutely wrong

You cannot have case studies of something that is on-going. You can only study it once it is finished and all the facts and figures are known.
    That won't be for some time. As someone said, there are so many variables that it is impossible to know something is absolutely right or absolutely wrong
    So we should just wait and hope for the best then?

Are you saying we can't learn from China, Italy, Spain, France and Singapore becasue it's still ongoing?

If you don't know if something is "absolutely right" surely you look at the multiple world wide examples and play it as safe as possible?

What?!

I'm not being rude and i think that generally you post some good stuff, your politics seem roughly the same as mine. I tend to agree with you over this virus although i don't know for sure what's going to happen so i'm taking sensible measures in order to minimise my risk and everyone else's. What i was going to say is why don't you go and do something else (and a fair few others on here) a bit more productive apart from giving your opinion on the pending doom that may happen over the coming months (and others on here) there must be jobs in the house you can get on with or people locally who need your help. This can't be doing your health much good (and others on here) Take care mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I'm not being rude and i think that generally you post some good stuff, your politics seem roughly the same as mine. I tend to agree with you over this virus although i don't know for sure what's going to happen so i'm taking sensible measures in order to minimise my risk and everyone else's. What i was going to say is why don't you go and do something else (and a fair few others on here) a bit more productive apart from giving your opinion on the pending doom that may happen over the coming months (and others on here) there must be jobs in the house you can get on with or people locally who need your help. This can't be doing your health much good (and others on here) Take care mate.
    I'm working from home, I'm on here to waste the few spare minutes I get.

I don't think what I'm posting is "doom an gloom" it's true if we've already waited a long time to do something, there is evidence that if we wait any longer it'll get worse.

I can understand them thinking that but no one knows which plan is right and which plan is wrong. It is a completely unknown situation.We in UK always seem to think everyone else is right and we are wrong but by and large we do quite well. The only way we know is when the final numbers are counted
    So we don't know whether or not having people crammed onto tube trains in a city where there are reports of already full IC wards is a good idea or a bad idea, because we don't know the final numbers.

International

Quote Originally Posted by rudy gestede View Post
    What?!
    I only said you cannot have "Case studies" until the event is over and it can be stuided. That's all?

Butwhy do you assume that every other government in the world is getting it right but not ours? What eveidance do you have of that?

I only said you cannot have "Case studies" until the event is over and it can be stuided. That's all?

Butwhy do you assume that every other government in the world is getting it right but not ours? What eveidance do you have of that?
    Where have I said that? Lots have got it wrong and we’ve just done exactly the same as them. That’s the whole point.

Norway has now had 3 days with no deaths. I think they started having the majority of people working from home prior to it being very bad there.

I'm working from home, I'm on here to waste the few spare minutes I get.

I don't think what I'm posting is "doom an gloom" it's true if we've already waited a long time to do something, there is evidence that if we wait any longer it'll get worse.
    Yup, i'm not going to disagree with you, but how many times can you repeat the same thing? It just becomes noise after a while. I know it looks like i'm having a go at you, probably because i usually respect your opinion, there are others who in my opinion are adding nothing now, obviously bored and nothing better to do. Good luck to them if we end up on lockdown, they'll probably get ill with stress or heart disease before the corona shows up.

Yup, i'm not going to disagree with you, but how many times can you repeat the same thing? It just becomes noise after a while. I know it looks like i'm having a go at you, probably because i usually respect your opinion, there are others who in my opinion are adding nothing now, obviously bored and nothing better to do. Good luck to them if we end up on lockdown, they'll probably get ill with stress or heart disease before the corona shows up.
    Fair enough, you make a good point

Fair enough, you make a good point
    And so do you, i almost always respect what you say and i wouldn't dream of telling people what they should do. All the best mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    Is that right about some pubs leaving the back door open? That's shocking, the landlords should be told they'll lose their licence if they try to defy the government's orders to close their doors.
    Yes, and on this occasion I can say that the Royal Oak in Bryn nr Maesteg was one.

All wrong I’m afraid. People need to be careful.
    Please tell me what is wrong with the paragraph you refer to. Where have I said that people don't need to be careful ? Lets have some balance is all I am saying. You have no idea whether we will follow Italy or not but keep referring to it as if we are/will.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Please tell me what is wrong with the paragraph you refer to. Where have I said that people don't need to be careful ? Lets have some balance is all I am saying. You have no idea whether we will follow Italy or not but keep referring to it as if we are/will.
    I agree with you. We do need some balance on here. Most people are being as sensible as possible, some aren't, we can't change that, all we can do as individuals is stay calm, try to do the right thing and help others out where possible. Posting what could be on here isn't particularly helpful in my opinion, there are alot of people who read this board who may be stuck at home, elderly, sick, vulnerable and worried shitless over all of this. I'm not saying that people shouldn't post their opinions and thoughts, what i am saying is that we do have a duty to those who may be in a worse situation than many of us and who read this board as an outlet for information and a way of getting away from the day to day worries. People need to be careful with their words.

I agree with you. We do need some balance on here. Most people are being as sensible as possible, some aren't, we can't change that, all we can do as individuals is stay calm, try to do the right thing and help others out where possible. Posting what could be on here isn't particularly helpful in my opinion, there are alot of people who read this board who may be stuck at home, elderly, sick, vulnerable and worried shitless over all of this. I'm not saying that people shouldn't post their opinions and thoughts, what i am saying is that we do have a duty to those who may be in a worse situation than many of us and who read this board as an outlet for information and a way of getting away from the day to day worries. People need to be careful with their words.

And so do you, i almost always respect what you say and i wouldn't dream of telling people what they should do. All the best mate.
    You two should quarantine together

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Let's wait 2 weeks first.

Nice and respectful, i quite like Croesy and i'm glad that he didn't take what is said personally.

Nice and respectful, i quite like Croesy and i'm glad that he didn't take what is said personally.
    I see your point too, it's bad enough without me going on about it. People are going to stay safe in the main anyway I think.

I see your point too, it's bad enough without me going on about it. People are going to stay safe in the main anyway I think.
    I said it to you because there was less chance of being told to f uck off.......

I like him too and would love to quarantine with you both if I may

I like him too and would love to quarantine with you both if I may
    I've already pencilled you in, you're quite lovely as well...