+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Teachers and social distancing

International

Re: Teachers and social distancing

If you read the official information thats what it suggests, and until something more exact is known I'd rather stick with that.
    The point is that the vast majority get it and recover without needing special treatment or ventilators. The death rate is put at c 3 - 5 % but that is of people known to have had it, but always notes that many people will get it and recover without ever realising it or being tested and incuded in those figures.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    If you read the official information thats what it suggests, and until something more exact is known I'd rather stick with that.
    The point is that the vast majority get it and recover without needing special treatment or ventilators. The death rate is put at c 3 - 5 % but that is of people known to have had it, but always notes that many people will get it and recover without ever realising it or being tested and incuded in those figures.
    But only a small percentage of people need to get it badly enough to require treatment which would swamp the hospitals. Look at Italy.

To be honest, I find it amazing that this still needs to be said weeks into the whole thing.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    The death rate might be that but lots of people need treatment and that's hy hospitals get overwhelmed. It's happened in every country that's suffered with it so far.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    But only a small percentage of people need to get it badly enough to require treatment which would swamp the hospitals. Look at Italy.

To be honest, I find it amazing that this still needs to be said weeks into the whole thing.
    Yeah it's the main issue with the whole thing and has been since China.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Yeah it's the main issue with the whole thing and has been since China.
    The vast majority get it and don't need ventilators. So we only need a few hundred thousand ventilators asap, not 40 million. What's everyone complaining about?

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    The vast majority get it and don't need ventilators. So we only need a few hundred thousand ventilators asap, not 40 million. What's everyone complaining about?
    The main complaint is that thousands of people are likely to die before thousands of respirators/beds/trained and PPEd NHS staff are available.

Quote Originally Posted by IanD View Post
    The main complaint is that thousands of people are likely to die before thousands of respirators/beds/trained and PPEd NHS staff are available.
    WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSH

Quote Originally Posted by IanD View Post
    I know, my friend..I was taking the piss out of people who still think it's nothing much..Like this unbelievable woman

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSH
    Bless you!

I'd like to see a coronavirus equivalent of do not resuscitate signs. Give them to the idiots like that caller and people still congregating in large groups ignoring the advice. If we get to the point where ventilators have to be rationed(hopefully it doesn't happen), surely it would be fairer to prioritise those who have isolated, rather than using more arbitrary measures such as age, health condition etc

Quote Originally Posted by chrisp_1927 View Post
    I'd like to see a coronavirus equivalent of do not resuscitate signs. Give them to the idiots like that caller and people still congregating in large groups ignoring the advice. If we get to the point where ventilators have to be rationed(hopefully it doesn't happen), surely it would be fairer to prioritise those who have isolated, rather than using more arbitrary measures such as age, health condition etc
    I read that India (I think) was stamping people's hands with Must Quarantine to check who was disobeying.