+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone think China are providing false reports?

Anyone think China are providing false reports?

Can not get my head around the fact, that a country with a population of 1 billion people living in close proximity of which 125 million are over the age of 65.

who are the epicenter, meaning it had a massive jump on them to spread for potentially weeks before them knowing it even existed.

plus not the greatest healthcare system in the world, and with no forewarning. but have reported less deaths than Italy..

an average of 7 million deaths or 20,000 a day are recorded every year in china anyway, how can you possibly keep track of who is dying of covid-19 or not with that many people dying every day anyway.

Re: Anyone think China are providing false reports?

Can't die of Coronavirus if the state kills you first.

Quote Originally Posted by chris lee View Post
    Can not get my head around the fact, that a country with a population of 1 billion people living in close proximity of which 125 million are over the age of 65.

who are the epicenter, meaning it had a massive jump on them to spread for potentially weeks before them knowing it even existed.

plus not the greatest healthcare system in the world, and with no forewarning. but have reported less deaths than Italy..

an average of 7 million deaths or 20,000 a day are recorded every year in china anyway, how can you possibly keep track of who is dying of covid-19 or not with that many people dying every day anyway.
    When the lockdown though, they l.o.c.k.d.o.w.n

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    When the lockdown though, they l.o.c.k.d.o.w.n
    This.

They quarantined entire cities, No one in no one out.

does anybody believe that from thousands a day to none a day is possible.i honestly think they are covering everything.yet fellaini a foreigner just happens to be one that's caught the virus.come china lets hear the truth, the world needs to know the truth

8.1m users of China Mobile have disappeared off the network within the last month.

EIGHT POINT ONE MILLION

Unless they've all randomly chosen to go to a different network (nope) something strange is going on in China and they're covering it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Baker View Post
    8.1m users of China Mobile have disappeared off the network within the last month.

EIGHT POINT ONE MILLION

Unless they've all randomly chosen to go to a different network (nope) something strange is going on in China and they're covering it up.
    Where is the source for that?

I believe people go “missing” in China a lot but 8.1 million seems ridiculous.

Rock Flock of Five has said on here that the situation has eased in his area. I’m sure he’s not part of great China cover up.

they didn't exactly report it all promptly at the start, I wouldn't believe a word.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Where is the source for that?

I believe people go “missing” in China a lot but 8.1 million seems ridiculous.
    I found this.

Bloomberg has this.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...as-virus-bites

Says that it can be accounted for by migrant workers who live and work in different regions having a home and work phone, with some cancelling the work phone. I read that 100 million travel over Chinese new year, so it's not unreasonable to think that most of those are workers in different regions and a good number have had work problems.

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

The China virus (following Trumps pronouncement) or should I refer to another China virus.
    Seems like the rest of the world gets caught up in a contagious virus that stems from there every 2-3 years.
    Should China be quarantined and all people who enter or leave be subject to special health checks.

Quote Originally Posted by light up the darkness View Post
    The China virus (following Trumps pronouncement) or should I refer to another China virus.
    Seems like the rest of the world gets caught up in a contagious virus that stems from there every 2-3 years.
    Should China be quarantined and all people who enter or leave be subject to special health checks.
    They just should make wet markets illegal, they did for a while after the last virus but they crept back in.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Rock Flock of Five has said on here that the situation has eased in his area. I’m sure he’s not part of great China cover up.
    That's much too mundane though - there has to be a conspiracy. For myself, I wonder about the tiny numbers of daily new cases announced by China, but I don't see how anyone can deny that the situation there has got better - I don't see how stories like this would be accepted in the west if there was no truth to them at all.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...-outside-china

Meanwhile, North Korea say they have no cases whatsoever of the virus.

An optimistic view from someone who has also been in China;-

https://www.jpost.com/HEALTH-SCIENCE...slowing-621145

They've also just sent 300 doctors to Italy to help, which would be an unusual move for a country still in the grip of a medical crisis.

(That's not to say that everything we hear out of there is true of course)

International

An interesting take on the numbers involved. Take from it what you will!

I posted my recent observations, along with some images, in the 'Coronavirus Update' thread a few days ago.

Today, I went into the city centre once again. I would say that all businesses are now open, except for a noticeable few who perhaps didn't have the cash-flow to survive the lockdown period. I can't be sure exactly, they mostly appear to be small lock-up garage size businesses, that are often poorly financed anyway.

Today was very warm and a bit humid, not great for wearing a mask to be honest, it felt uncomfortable. So with that in mind I noticed there were quite a few people walking around in open spaces without masks. I'd guess the number of people who WERE wearing masks today in open spaces was about 90%, a noticeable drop.
    However, it is still 100% wearing masks once you enter a public building. You have no choice on this, you simply cannot enter without one, unless you want a standoff with a security guard.
    The restrictions on sitting just one person to a table have gone in the cafes, and restaurants are allowing you to sit down and eat inside now.

Of course, I'm not privy to any figures, so I cannot comment. But there IS a very noticeable relaxation and the whole place looks a lot busier. Perhaps equally important is the fact that I don't know anyone here who has suffered from the virus or heard through other people of anyone who has.

It's even getting dangerous to cross the road again....

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    An interesting take on the numbers involved. Take from it what you will!

He said most people are naturally immune, and that since the infection rate in China is slowing down, "the end of the pandemic is near."
    That's not true though is it

International

That's not true though is it
    Who know? Do you?

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Who know? Do you?
    Yes

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    I posted my recent observations, along with some images, in the 'Coronavirus Update' thread a few days ago.

Today, I went into the city centre once again. I would say that all businesses are now open, except for a noticeable few who perhaps didn't have the cash-flow to survive the lockdown period. I can't be sure exactly, they mostly appear to be small lock-up garage size businesses, that are often poorly financed anyway.

Today was very warm and a bit humid, not great for wearing a mask to be honest, it felt uncomfortable. So with that in mind I noticed there were quite a few people walking around in open spaces without masks. I'd guess the number of people who WERE wearing masks today in open spaces was about 90%, a noticeable drop.
    However, it is still 100% wearing masks once you enter a public building. You have no choice on this, you simply cannot enter without one, unless you want a standoff with a security guard.
    The restrictions on sitting just one person to a table have gone in the cafes, and restaurants are allowing you to sit down and eat inside now.

Of course, I'm not privy to any figures, so I cannot comment. But there IS a very noticeable relaxation and the whole place looks a lot busier. Perhaps equally important is the fact that I don't know anyone here who has suffered from the virus or heard through other people of anyone who has.

It's even getting dangerous to cross the road again....
    That’s good news. You never had total lockdown where you are anyway did you? You could still go out shopping and stuff?
    Real opinions like this is what we people need to hear.��

Not total lockdown, as in some of the cities. It was more self-imposed really, there was almost nothing to go outside for in the evenings anyway.
    In fact, only supermarkets and McDonald's takeaways. I just got on my e-bike and went for a short ride quite often, just to get out of the apartment.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    Not total lockdown, as in some of the cities. It was more self-imposed really, there was almost nothing to go outside for in the evenings anyway.
    In fact, only supermarkets and McDonald's takeaways. I just got on my e-bike and went for a short ride quite often, just to get out of the apartment.
    You've really integrated yourself with the locals having an e-bike! They seem to be everywhere there!

Yes
    Would you be able to elaborate on that? There's been a story posted on here today from the same paper saying that they are not treating 60 plus year olds with respirators any more in Italy (although it doesn't make clear whether this is a widespread thing or just localised). As a sixty four year old, I'm looking for things to counter that and there are tangible signs for hope out there which need to be highlighted for a sense of balance. With this race still having a long way to run, I don't see why the more optimistic predictions stand less of a chance of being right than the doom laden ones.