Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
I do wonder what Organ Morgan will post about once his fetish for Armageddon is realised.
We had a 2017 Kia Sportage back on Thursday after 3 years on rent . I had a valuation of £14500 from "we buy any car"
On inspection a repair to the door that the customer had done was below standard . The company who did the repair turned up late Friday after noon, apologising, saying we would have it back Monday .
They were good ro their word and it returned in tip top shape....
The lady in my office ran it through "we buy any cars" system yesterday , to find the car was now worth £9200

I have seen a car drop £200 - £300 if you get your timings wrong .

I got in touch with a friend of mine who runs a fairly well known local car dealership and he explained the car market had dropped of totally as the dealers waited for lock down .

His initial statement said , yes the market has collapsed its Carmageddon.........

I can laugh now.
As an experiment I ran my own car through the system and it had dropped £12k

If you have a spare minute might be worth depressing yourself how much your car is worth today .....
Dont be too depressed its a false market, but it will take a wee while to recover .

Needless to say the Kia will be staying in my yard till the market returns in a few weeks time .