+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone on here caught it yet?

Re: Has anyone on here caught it yet?

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    following on from my post above my mum just rang and now her neighbour to her right was rushed in 2 days ago tested positive with the virus and on life support (ventilator) up the heath . get checked out uncle bob ASAP
    How old is the neighbour

she's in her 50;s Croesy I went to her wedding too years ago . gutted

This is, perhaps, the one time in my life that I’m tolerating drama queens, you know, the ones who almost want to be ill when there’s something going around, as if they’re missing out. Anyone who thinks they’ve got the symptoms should take action immediately I reckon.

You’ve got us all worried Uncle Bob.
    You really need to make a phone call and get checked over. If you wait any longer and it’s something more serious, you may regret the delay.

Quote Originally Posted by uncle bob View Post
    My Mrs is going through exactly the same cycle but a couple of days behind me. I'm hoping that this pain doesn't get any higher tonight and it's just caused through the amount of time I've been laying in bed. But like I said it has put me on major alert incase this swelling goes up any higher in my side
    If you have got it you could get pneumonia which manifests as pain in your torso. If they get you treated earlier it'll stop it from getting more serious.

If it gets any worse by tomorrow when I wake up I will definitely call 101.
    Really don't want to waste the NHS time if I can recover at home by myself.
    Been drinking hot water today and so far it's not got any worse.

If it gets any worse by tomorrow when I wake up I will definitely call 101.
    Really don't want to waste the NHS time if I can recover at home by myself.
    Been drinking hot water today and so far it's not got any worse.
    111 not 101 and you won't be wasting their time

she's in her 50;s Croesy I went to her wedding too years ago . gutted
    Jesus hopefully at her age she will pull through

Hiya guys, well what a bloody night that was.
    I'm glad to say that I'm still alive and kicking.
    I feel really better today the pain has gone from my side but what a scary night I had.
    I have never felt so scared of dying in my life.
    The dreams I had last night were off the scale.
    I'm writing this little journey of my virus not for any sympathy or anything, but for people who may get it at some stage to look at and compare things and it may help you or friends in the future and put your mind at rest.
    I'm now on day 6 of having this virus and each day from day 3, you wake up feeling better than the day before.

The pain in my side yesterday may have been connected with what was going on I don't know? Or it could just have been from the amount of time I've been laying down in bed and on my side? Again I don't know?
    However, last night before I went to bed at about 11pm I felt sick for the first time since I've had this virus and was violently ill in the toilet.

Now, I'm having a bit of banter with my mates who I went to benidorm with on a wattsapp group we set up and as soon as I woke this morning after the few hours sleep I did manage I sent them this message.....

Just when you think your starting to feel better.
    Yesterday, I had a good day, flu symptoms starting to ease away lovely I think.
    Had the pain in my side,
    Just before bedtime I feel sick so rather than lay in bed and wait for the sick to come I get up and be sick in the toilet.
    All watery fluid, not very pleasant, but at least now I can sleep easy.

Get off to sleep, wake up an hour later, again I get up very Very hot, soaking wet, and this time I vomit for about 10 minutes down toilet, so much its coming through my eyeballs and burning me so much.
    Clean up, go back to bed. Then,
    I had one of the scariest nights of my entire life last night.

Every 20 mins waking up delirious with sweat pouring from me, dreaming the most horrific dreams you could imagine and having so much heat in your body you believe your about to die in bed everytime you nod back off to sleep.
    I was convinced that I was a gonna.
    I had ****ing Elvis trying to convince me to go with him at one point in one dream in his full white suit he used to wear on stage. Telling me it'll be good on the other side. I probably might have gone if I even liked Elvis but I hate his ****ing music so luckily I didn't want to go with him and then I woke up crying again.
    It was dream after dream full on until eventually I woke up to afraid to go back to sleep as I had thousands of spiders crawling all over me in my final dream.

Had a Complete breakdown for 10 mins thinking it was the end my Mrs trying to calm me down as I was hysterical.
    It's mad, you think your getting better by day but then at night time when you get the fever it knocks you right down and its then that you realise that your still not out of the danger yet.

Cue the piss take from my mates and puns about elvis songs for the last 2 hours on my wattsapp. And on here next. Lol

Anyway. I'm on day 6.
    I feel really good today.
    But be prepared to warn people that if they do get this they will feel better, but the night time fever may be the hardest thing of all to overcome. It's so scary.
    Be interesting to know how long this actually goes on for as I've read it can go on for 22 days in your body if your admitted to hospital as well.

Stay safe everybody.

following on from my post above my mum just rang and now her neighbour to her right was rushed in 2 days ago tested positive with the virus and on life support (ventilator) up the heath . get checked out uncle bob ASAP
    I hope your mums neighbour pulls through mate. It's terrible

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    This is, perhaps, the one time in my life that I’m tolerating drama queens, you know, the ones who almost want to be ill when there’s something going around, as if they’re missing out. Anyone who thinks they’ve got the symptoms should take action immediately I reckon.
    I've been on here long enough you should know me. Never had a cross word with anyone, I've laughed at the flouncers etc. I'd definitely be in your camp about drama queen's.
    But when there is not much information around online about facts as its a new disease, and you realise at the start that the NHS website made a huge mistake by saying you only get this virus if you show only any of these two signs, a dry cough, or a high temperature, this has since been updated, then it is naturally a worry and you hope someone with experience of it may be able to help you on here like has happened so many times in the past with little things.
    I'm waffling now I'm sorry, but hopefully this thread can be a come too if people get it and write down things that may help others if your in a position to be well enough. Stay safe

I've been on here long enough you should know me. Never had a cross word with anyone, I've laughed at the flouncers etc. I'd definitely be in your camp about drama queen's.
    But when there is not much information around online about facts as its a new disease, and you realise at the start that the NHS website made a huge mistake by saying you only get this virus if you show only any of these two signs, a dry cough, or a high temperature, this has since been updated, then it is naturally a worry and you hope someone with experience of it may be able to help you on here like has happened so many times in the past with little things.
    I'm waffling now I'm sorry, but hopefully this thread can be a come too if people get it and write down things that may help others if your in a position to be well enough. Stay safe
    Thanks Uncle Bob, good to read that you feel a bit better - long may it continue .

Glad you are feeling better mate

Cheers all. And I probably did sound a bit Ott, but I'm allowed as I'm not thinking straight and always been a bit autistic and a bit of a worrier. Haha

Uncle Bob. Does any of your mates you were in Benidorm with have the same symptoms?

5 of the 10. Including Edinburgh Blue who used to post on here Tony.
    One has it as bad and been stuck in bed longer than me, the others all got the fever and cough

One has it as bad and been stuck in bed longer than me, the others all got the fever and cough
    Hope you all recover very soon Bob

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    There should be a lot more testing. This thread is an example of why.
    Exactly. The options were I) mass testing and/or ii) isolation for anyone showing any signs of infection and instead we plucked for iii) a massively delayed response and then highlighting two symptoms only.

See twitter thread about Worcester Church Minster who had to fight to be tested: https://twitter.com/HollyAnnPerks1/s...22902541516802

Rather than waste tests on Prince feckin Charles they should test all 10 of you and compare. It may even be the 5 of the 10 have it without symptoms.

How are you now Uncle Bob?

I'm great today thanks mate. Day 8 and finally shot of it. It was just like a strong flu. The fever was bad at night time and you can definitely feel the strain on your chest to breath. I'm a big lad anyway at 6ft 4 and 20 stone.
    I was correct at the start about the NHS website giving wrong analysis if you didn't have a temperature or a cough, they would basically just shut you down and say you haven't got it.

Look at this what they are now saying what I said.
    https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/112695...ist-too-short/

A colleague of mine said told me today that her father is in hospital in Lincolnshire with it and has been taken off his ventilator so they can give it to someone with a better chance of survival. He's been moved to a private room to allow nature to take its course.

Late 60s no health issues, was perfectly well two weeks ago.

I don't trust the Sun so here is the WHO page which confirms there may be other symptoms - https://www.who.int/health-topics/coronavirus#tab=tab_3

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Paget Flashman View Post
    A colleague of mine said told me today that her father is in hospital in Lincolnshire with it and has been taken off his ventilator so they can give it to someone with a better chance of survival. He's been moved to a private room to allow nature to take its course.

Late 60s no health issues, was perfectly well two weeks ago.
    Doctors playing god now?
    f'ing hell!

Not sure if this link will work as I got my fb settings pretty rigid?
    https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...8&id=785829407