+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone on here caught it yet?

Re: Has anyone on here caught it yet?

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    Doctors playing god now?
    f'ing hell!
    If there was a god, I think he'd be pretty annoyed that a doctor making a medical decision was equated to the ability to create the universe in six days. You want to watch he doesn't smite you for that sort of talk.

Doctors playing god now?
    f'ing hell!
    Can't wait for bobh to find out about heart transplants

Doctors playing god now?
    f'ing hell!
    Yeah those bastard doctors. We don't need them! Getting too big for their boots.

I f**king hate those f**king doctors!

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post

Doctors playing god now?
    f'ing hell!
    What are they supposed to do?

That’s the problem with the virus, so many people get it that hospitals start to struggle and doctors have to choose who lives and dies.

What do you suggest we do? Let everyone die? Or put the decision to a public vote?

Quote Originally Posted by uncle bob View Post
    Cheers all. And I probably did sound a bit Ott, but I'm allowed as I'm not thinking straight and always been a bit autistic and a bit of a worrier. Haha
    Good to have you back , the first real signs of recovery for a CCMB member , is when he /she starts to freely insults others

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Paget Flashman View Post
    A colleague of mine said told me today that her father is in hospital in Lincolnshire with it and has been taken off his ventilator so they can give it to someone with a better chance of survival. He's been moved to a private room to allow nature to take its course.

Late 60s no health issues, was perfectly well two weeks ago.
    ****ing hell that‘a terrible. Hoping for a miracle for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    ****ing hell that‘a terrible. Hoping for a miracle for them.
    seems very harsh why dont you report that to the press now they will run with it i'm sure and perhaps save the chap ?

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    seems very harsh why dont you report that to the press now they will run with it i'm sure and perhaps save the chap ?
    What?

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Eh? Are you suggesting there should be a press campaign to take the ventilator off the person who is now using it and give it back to the father of HPF's workmate?

The point of the post is that there aren't enough ventilators to meet urgent need (try writing about that!), that doctors are faced with desperate decisions about who gets the scarce and inadequate resources, and that people with generally good health and not very old (in fact some who are young) are dying of this lousy disease - not just those who are old with 'underlying health problems'!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Rather than waste tests on Prince feckin Charles they should test all 10 of you and compare. It may even be the 5 of the 10 have it without symptoms.
    Yes, that would have been useful.

Not exactly scientific but, in a group of 10 people, 10 had covid-19, 5 had no symptoms and unwillingly may have infected others.

This is the sort of stuff that we need to know. Instead, you only get tested if you are sent to the hospital or are a member of Parliament of royalty. The scientists need data.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    OK, I've chuckled at some of your comments.

But they don't give a heart transplant to someone, then go into the recovery room a few days later and say that someone "more deserving" needs your new heart, then take it out again.
    Do they ?
    Eh? Eh?

But they don't give a heart transplant to someone, then go into the recovery room a few days later and say that someone "more deserving" needs your new heart, then take it out again.
    Do they ?
    Eh? Eh?
    There is priority on heart transplants though. So yeah they do have to decide who lives and who dies if they have 1 heart and 2 people who need one.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    There is priority on heart transplants though. So yeah they do have to decide who lives and who dies if they have 1 heart and 2 people who need one.
    True, but this thread-within-thread started when a ventilator was given to someone who needed it, then taken away.

Do they ?
    Eh? Eh?
    FINE, TRUE OK. But my point (admittedly made flippantly) was that doctors play god all the time.

And in the crisis they're in at the minute they're in an impossible position - say they've got 1 ventilator and 2 patients that need it. They've got to make a decision one way or another and they pick the fairest way possible, imagine how hard that must be.

It goes without saying that it's easy for me to say this objectively and if it was a loved one of mine I'd be screaming off the rooftops but I hope that I'd understand that there's no bad guys here, certainly not the doctors who due to a lack of equipment are having to make decisions that go against everything they've committed their lives to do.

Horrendous situation all round for everyone involved in Harry Paget's post, my heart goes out to them

True, but this thread-within-thread started when a ventilator was given to someone who needed it, then taken away.
    To be given to someone who is a higher priority. It’s not nice but that’s life.

It’s a really horrible situation though, I hate that anyone has to be in anything like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Paget Flashman View Post
    A colleague of mine said told me today that her father is in hospital in Lincolnshire with it and has been taken off his ventilator so they can give it to someone with a better chance of survival. He's been moved to a private room to allow nature to take its course.

Late 60s no health issues, was perfectly well two weeks ago.
    That’s appalling.

Quote Originally Posted by uncle bob View Post
    I'm great today thanks mate. Day 8 and finally shot of it. It was just like a strong flu. The fever was bad at night time and you can definitely feel the strain on your chest to breath. I'm a big lad anyway at 6ft 4 and 20 stone.
    I was correct at the start about the NHS website giving wrong analysis if you didn't have a temperature or a cough, they would basically just shut you down and say you haven't got it.

Look at this what they are now saying what I said.
    https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/112695...ist-too-short/
    Remind me now and then not to fall out with you, uncle bob

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    yeah I've always liked you too unclebob

We've had a letter to say that someone in my dad's care home has CV. Definately no visitors and someone has lost the cordless phone for the floor he is on so cant speak to him directly. Sorting out Skype right now as they can let relatives communicate that way.
    On a completely different tack, the woman staying in the apartment above us in Menorca last summer is from Bergamo. She is a journalist working for L'Eco di Bergamo (sp?), the newspaper featured by the BBC whose obituary pages went from 1.5 pages to 10 pages and then 11 pages a day. Emailed her but not heard back. Seeing military convoys taking coffins out of Bergamo, as the city cant cope with the numbers of dead, doesnt fill me with much hope.

I heard this afternoon that someone I knew well has died of the virus. Pat was a City councillor and former Lord Mayor of Sheffield.

She never told people her age but my guess is 65-70 years old. Three days ago the local press were reporting that she was very ill but was recovering.

After all the anonymous statistics, that really brings it home!

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    I heard this afternoon that someone I knew well has died of the virus. Pat was a City councillor and former Lord Mayor of Sheffield.

She never told people her age but my guess is 65-70 years old. Three days ago the local press were reporting that she was very ill but was recovering.

After all the anonymous statistics, that really brings it home!
    The good news is that my nephew's wife is recovering but the guy who lives in flat below my brother has got it.

Quote Originally Posted by IanD View Post
    We've had a letter to say that someone in my dad's care home has CV. Definately no visitors and someone has lost the cordless phone for the floor he is on so cant speak to him directly. Sorting out Skype right now as they can let relatives communicate that way.
    On a completely different tack, the woman staying in the apartment above us in Menorca last summer is from Bergamo. She is a journalist working for L'Eco di Bergamo (sp?), the newspaper featured by the BBC whose obituary pages went from 1.5 pages to 10 pages and then 11 pages a day. Emailed her but not heard back. Seeing military convoys taking coffins out of Bergamo, as the city cant cope with the numbers of dead, doesnt fill me with much hope.
    I was meant to be in Bergamo three weeks ago for the Atalanta home game.

I was meant to be in Bergamo three weeks ago for the Atalanta home game.
    I've never been and glad you didn't go. It looks a beautiful city and worth a visit when all this virus thing calms down. Terrible pictures on tv of a priest there blessing multiple coffins with no relatives in attendance. The pews were filled with pictures of the dead instead. Grim.

Uncle Bob....I think we may have met. Someone answering your description ended up on top of me at the Wembley Blackpool match during the (disallowed) goal celebrations! The bruising has long gone but the counselling continues.