+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone on here caught it yet?

Re: Has anyone on here caught it yet?

Since I've been home from Benidorm I can't stop shivering and aching.
    I also can't stop singing old Frank sinatra songs and sometimes Nat King Cole songs. I have got either Coronavirus or the Old crooner virus.

Quote Originally Posted by uncle bob View Post
    Since I've been home from Benidorm I can't stop shivering and aching.
    I also can't stop singing old Frank sinatra songs and sometimes Nat King Cole songs. I have got either Coronavirus or the Old crooner virus.
    Whole Lotta Shaking Going On?

SO no one on hrere has tested positive for covid 19? Good to know.

Quote Originally Posted by stevebrickman View Post
    So - i've also been quite poorly this last week. Started off as very sore throat (which would ease after an hour or two each day), and extreme congestion. By Thursday, it was headaches, blocked ear & fatigue... I slept virtually all day Friday & Saturday. A bad cough also developed on Saturday. I'm still congested with the headaches/blocked ear/cough now - beechams are doing the trick.

I havent had a temperature at all though, and I havent had any difficulty breathing, so I doubt its Corona... but its probably one of the worst Flu bouts I have ever had...
    Listening to a professor on the radio she said everyone could have a different experience and symptoms as each persons DNA and immune system is different and will therefore display variations .

The difference between countries and its peoples will also be a factor , as we all live in such different environments , where one's immune system adapts depending on your own distinct surroundings , some people exists in blistering heats , others in extreme cold , I presume through the ages their bodies have built up specific resistance and capabilities ??

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    the main reason NYC is even if you have the symptons you won't get tested unless you've visited Italy /China up until 2 weeks ago anyway as i was going mad with Public Health Wales on the phone when my lad had a temperature of 38.5 degrees for 3 days and a dry whooping cough for about 1 week . today one of my parents neighbours who is a front line nurse got sent home having treated some one who was tested positive . awaiting a test i am being told

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    the main reason NYC is even if you have the symptons you won't get tested unless you've visited Italy /China up until 2 weeks ago anyway as i was going mad with Public Health Wales on the phone when my lad had a temperature of 38.5 degrees for 3 days and a dry whooping cough for about 1 week . today one of my parents neighbours who is a front line nurse got sent home having treated some one who was tested positive . awaiting a test i am being told
    I'm starting to think I may have had it 6 weeks ago. I was severely ill with flu-like symptoms, but not quite like anything I'd experienced before. Fever sore throat, slight cough, aching body, severe discomfort but no runny nose. I went to a doctor and tested negative for flu.
    I moved into the spare room for a week and my family were fine. Having said that my daughter had been sick prior to that. I guess I won't know until they come out with an antibody test.

I think that there are many different types of symptoms that people can get when they catch this virus.

Many people that have caught it have reported different symptoms to the next person and no two cases are the same.

Look at the range of symptoms listed in this article and if you've had a few of these symptoms then I'd say your more than likely to have it now, or have had it.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.t...-covid-19/amp/

The most common coronavirus symptoms
    Proportion of cases reporting each symptom (from 55,924 cases in China, to 22 February)

Fever

87.9%

Dry cough

67.7%

Fatigue

38.1%

Sputum production

33.4%

Shortness of breath

18.6%

Muscle/ joint pain

14.8%

Sore throat

13.9%

Headache

13.6%

Chills

11.4%

Nausea or vomiting

5%

Nasal congestion

4.8%

Diarrhoea

3.7%

SOURCE: WHO

My wife has it

Quote Originally Posted by Armitage Shanks View Post
    My wife has it
    You too, probably.

Hope you both pull through

I'm on day 5 now.
    Had sweats again in bed last night and it's been a bit of a struggle for breath after climbing the stairs yesterday, but today I feel a lot better apart from my kidneys feeling a bit sore or swollen. Feeling much better in myself though. My Mrs on day two yesterday was in quite a bad way but after getting the sweats out in bed all night she says she is feeling a bit better today thank god.

I'm on day 5 now.
    Had sweats again in bed last night and it's been a bit of a struggle for breath after climbing the stairs yesterday, but today I feel a lot better apart from my kidneys feeling a bit sore or swollen. Feeling much better in myself though. My Mrs on day two yesterday was in quite a bad way but after getting the sweats out in bed all night she says she is feeling a bit better today thank god.
    Have you been diagnosed with actual Coronavirus? Holy shit. My mate thought he had it but it turned out to be Swine Flu and said it was bloody awful. Get well soon mate.

I've had it for 4 days now.
    Started off as aching bones in my fingers.
    Then aching all over the next day with shivers.
    Felt so drained and cold.
    Took only paracetamol as was recommended and this really helped a lot.
    On the 2nd night I had night sweats in bed and t-shirt I was wearing was soaking wet also the bedding and pillow case soaking.
    This made things feel a lot better on the 3rd day.
    Had diarrhea on 3rd day like black treacle.
    Feel great as long as the paracetamol are inside you but as soon as they wear off you get the shivers again and need to sleep.
    Most people that get it they reckon have a dry cough or a high fever. I think this information is incorrect.
    Or misleading.
    As I was not hot to touch I thought I couldn't have it.
    However my cousin who is a nurse has said you don't need to be hot to have a temperature, by having the sweats at night this is a fever so basically the same thing. They should update this information as it's so misleading.
    I read a story on Wales online about a woman and her husband who both had it and didn't have these symptoms that the NHS Wales website said you would have if you caught it
    Had that last year after Ibiza, and Albufeira the year before, benidorm the year before that etc. It's called a comedown mate.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Had that last year after Ibiza, and Albufeira the year before, benidorm the year before that etc. It's called a comedown mate.
    It's a come down if you've been lashing your body with smack.

We never had any time to go out. Had a few beers in pub for 4 hours and we got put into total Lock-down in our hotel rooms for the remaining 3 days. Few beers in the hotel room but nothing major

Getting a bit worried about the pain in my side on my left now. It's getting worse. Maybe because I'm laying in bed too much?
    Not a lot I can do but the breaths I'm taking are starting to worry me a bit especially if it gets any worse. Something definitely happening inside. How long does it last if you have it does anybody know? I can't find any information online of when it should clear up by?

Just found this article helpful.
    22 Days to clear from start to finish.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/112409...us-not-ignore/

Just spoke to my nephew, he's in his late twenties, on House Party. He thinks he's got it because he's had most of the main symptoms (he hasn't had as much of a fever as he thought he would though). He's been ill since Friday, but didn't look too bad.

We never had any time to go out. Had a few beers in pub for 4 hours and we got put into total Lock-down in our hotel rooms for the remaining 3 days. Few beers in the hotel room but nothing major
    You wouldn't be feeling like that after 4 days on the piss.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I think that is right.

Almost nobody gets tested for it in the UK, and of those that are tested, less than 1 in 10 actually has it. Some family friends were convinced their baby had it- the entire family had the classic symptoms, but it was just a range of seasonal viruses. A colleague came back from Italy in feb, self-isolated and his wife thought she had it about 2 weeks into the self-isolation. But it turns out it was the normal flu.

Let's face it - for good reason, anyone feeling a bit under the weather is going to worry that they have it.

Getting a bit worried about the pain in my side on my left now. It's getting worse. Maybe because I'm laying in bed too much?
    Not a lot I can do but the breaths I'm taking are starting to worry me a bit especially if it gets any worse. Something definitely happening inside. How long does it last if you have it does anybody know? I can't find any information online of when it should clear up by?
    I'm not trying to alarm you but having read the symptoms you've had, particularly the unusual bowel movement yesterday and the way you described it, I stronly susupect there is something else going on here with you. In your position I would have a word with my doctor asap.
    I'm not being an alarmist keyboard medic here, I'm speaking from over 40 years senior medical experience in the RAF and NHS, just set your mind at rest and check.

My Mrs is going through exactly the same cycle but a couple of days behind me. I'm hoping that this pain doesn't get any higher tonight and it's just caused through the amount of time I've been laying in bed. But like I said it has put me on major alert incase this swelling goes up any higher in my side

My Mrs is going through exactly the same cycle but a couple of days behind me. I'm hoping that this pain doesn't get any higher tonight and it's just caused through the amount of time I've been laying in bed. But like I said it has put me on major alert incase this swelling goes up any higher in my side
    Take his advice mate, call 111 and tell them everything that's going on

following on from my post above my mum just rang and now her neighbour to her right was rushed in 2 days ago tested positive with the virus and on life support (ventilator) up the heath . get checked out uncle bob ASAP