+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Has anyone on here caught it yet?

Re: Has anyone on here caught it yet?

Yesterday I did a live mix on the Hippo club fb page. If you find the page you'll see Me with a hat on my head with 2 phones strapped to the hat.
    These are my headphones that I made.
    Then you'll see me with just one music deck, playing tunes from out my old dance music collection and a food mixer next to my deck. Everytime I came to the end of the song I'd put the food mixer on and shout out Remix! Leaving it to spin until I chucked on another tune. Funniest thing I ever done. Had a right laugh.

https://m.facebook.com/groups/7074981034?view=permalink&id=10156777393061035

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Have you been tested to confirm it is coronavirus ? There are a lot of other things going around right now including flu, tonsillitis, stomach upsets. You could have any of them. Why would you say that the information released is incorrect - do you think that they are deliberately releasing misleading information ? The vast majority of people obviously get the main symptoms. You could be the exception but on the other hand, you might not even have it, so in those circumstances, it wound be you giving out the misleading information.
    Sounds like a bad cold or flu

Quote Originally Posted by stevebrickman View Post
    So - i've also been quite poorly this last week. Started off as very sore throat (which would ease after an hour or two each day), and extreme congestion. By Thursday, it was headaches, blocked ear & fatigue... I slept virtually all day Friday & Saturday. A bad cough also developed on Saturday. I'm still congested with the headaches/blocked ear/cough now - beechams are doing the trick.

I havent had a temperature at all though, and I havent had any difficulty breathing, so I doubt its Corona... but its probably one of the worst Flu bouts I have ever had...
    I had sore throat, followed by a cough and headache for a week, it's not Corona though it's just a winter-type cold and cough.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebina View Post
    I had sore throat, followed by a cough and headache for a week, it's not Corona though it's just a winter-type cold and cough.
    I did have an eye infection at the same time, still doubt I had it felt fine really bo fatigue or fever.

Quote Originally Posted by uncle bob View Post
    I've been on here long enough you should know me. Never had a cross word with anyone, I've laughed at the flouncers etc. I'd definitely be in your camp about drama queen's.
    But when there is not much information around online about facts as its a new disease, and you realise at the start that the NHS website made a huge mistake by saying you only get this virus if you show only any of these two signs, a dry cough, or a high temperature, this has since been updated, then it is naturally a worry and you hope someone with experience of it may be able to help you on here like has happened so many times in the past with little things.
    I'm waffling now I'm sorry, but hopefully this thread can be a come too if people get it and write down things that may help others if your in a position to be well enough. Stay safe
    Read further on now, maybe you did have it?

Glad you're better anyway

Some expert on the BBC estimated that more than a million have had it in the UK but we'll never know because they only test you if your seriously ill in hospital, that's why the death percentage figures appear so high.

We need mass testing asap!

The scariest part for me was eating my food and not having any taste or smell at all. Imagine a life of not being able to appreciate good tasting food. I began to think I would just as well live on chips and cheap food forever as it would be pointless paying good money for quality food if it would never be any taste.
    Glad to say that it's finally coming back again the taste. Smell is still missing

Quote Originally Posted by uncle bob View Post
    The scariest part for me was eating my food and not having any taste or smell at all. Imagine a life of not being able to appreciate good tasting food. I began to think I would just as well live on chips and cheap food forever as it would be pointless paying good money for quality food if it would never be any taste.
    Glad to say that it's finally coming back again the taste. Smell is still missing
    Be a terrible waste to have a game of Dutch Ovens then Bob!

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebina View Post
    Some expert on the BBC estimated that more than a million have had it in the UK but we'll never know because they only test you if your seriously ill in hospital, that's why the death percentage figures appear so high.

We need mass testing asap!
    Even if a million have it the death rate is still quite high

This must be the lady Jon 59 posted about recently;-

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...om-coronavirus

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    This must be the lady Jon 59 posted about recently;-

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...om-coronavirus
    That's right. I was way out on her age though. But thinking back she didn't change much in appearance over the 35 years I knew her - so 82 doesn't surprise me now that I think about it. Very sad. She was hard working, totally genuine, and a real character.

My daughter-in-law appears to have it (isolating at home - not tested but has the symptoms)

Wife of an occasional CCMB poster and mother of my 19-month old grandson.

Agonising wait to see what happens - can't do a thing to help.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    My daughter-in-law appears to have it (isolating at home - not tested but has the symptoms)

Wife of an occasional CCMB poster and mother of my 19-month old grandson.

Agonising wait to see what happens - can't do a thing to help.
    I hope she recovers soon, for most people the symptoms are mild.

If you or someone you know has it or think they have it DO NOT TAKE IBUPROFEN! DO NOT TAKE IT.
    Only paracetamol. This done the trick for me. Ibuprofen makes it 100 times worse apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    What are they supposed to do?

That’s the problem with the virus, so many people get it that hospitals start to struggle and doctors have to choose who lives and dies.

What do you suggest we do? Let everyone die? Or put the decision to a public vote?
    Get more ventilators?

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    Get more ventilators?
    I think the Doctor would want the same but that isn't possible.

My friend has tested positive. He's doing OK but his wife is ill in hospital. This is 27°c Brisbane so don't get your hopes up about warm weather killing the virus. Stay well.

Quote Originally Posted by Brisbane CCFC View Post
    My friend has tested positive. He's doing OK but his wife is ill in hospital. This is 27°c Brisbane so don't get your hopes up about warm weather killing the virus. Stay well.
    Yes true. Iran shows that as well.

Good luck to your friends family.

Thanks. Hopefully they'll be OK. They are the first people I know to test positive. I'm guessing that it will become commonplace in the coming weeks.