+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Has anyone on here caught it yet?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Has anyone on here caught it yet?

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    seems very harsh why dont you report that to the press now they will run with it i'm sure and perhaps save the chap ?
    Eh? Are you suggesting there should be a press campaign to take the ventilator off the person who is now using it and give it back to the father of HPF's workmate?

The point of the post is that there aren't enough ventilators to meet urgent need (try writing about that!), that doctors are faced with desperate decisions about who gets the scarce and inadequate resources, and that people with generally good health and not very old (in fact some who are young) are dying of this lousy disease - not just those who are old with 'underlying health problems'!

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    OK, I've chuckled at some of your comments.

But they don't give a heart transplant to someone, then go into the recovery room a few days later and say that someone "more deserving" needs your new heart, then take it out again.
    Do they ?
    Eh? Eh?
    There is priority on heart transplants though. So yeah they do have to decide who lives and who dies if they have 1 heart and 2 people who need one.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    There is priority on heart transplants though. So yeah they do have to decide who lives and who dies if they have 1 heart and 2 people who need one.
    True, but this thread-within-thread started when a ventilator was given to someone who needed it, then taken away.

True, but this thread-within-thread started when a ventilator was given to someone who needed it, then taken away.
    To be given to someone who is a higher priority. It’s not nice but that’s life.

It’s a really horrible situation though, I hate that anyone has to be in anything like that.

I heard this afternoon that someone I knew well has died of the virus. Pat was a City councillor and former Lord Mayor of Sheffield.

She never told people her age but my guess is 65-70 years old. Three days ago the local press were reporting that she was very ill but was recovering.

After all the anonymous statistics, that really brings it home!

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    I heard this afternoon that someone I knew well has died of the virus. Pat was a City councillor and former Lord Mayor of Sheffield.

She never told people her age but my guess is 65-70 years old. Three days ago the local press were reporting that she was very ill but was recovering.

After all the anonymous statistics, that really brings it home!
    The good news is that my nephew's wife is recovering but the guy who lives in flat below my brother has got it.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    I was meant to be in Bergamo three weeks ago for the Atalanta home game.
    I've never been and glad you didn't go. It looks a beautiful city and worth a visit when all this virus thing calms down. Terrible pictures on tv of a priest there blessing multiple coffins with no relatives in attendance. The pews were filled with pictures of the dead instead. Grim.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Remind me now and then not to fall out with you, uncle bob
    Uncle Bob....I think we may have met. Someone answering your description ended up on top of me at the Wembley Blackpool match during the (disallowed) goal celebrations! The bruising has long gone but the counselling continues.

Yesterday I did a live mix on the Hippo club fb page. If you find the page you'll see Me with a hat on my head with 2 phones strapped to the hat.
    These are my headphones that I made.
    Then you'll see me with just one music deck, playing tunes from out my old dance music collection and a food mixer next to my deck. Everytime I came to the end of the song I'd put the food mixer on and shout out Remix! Leaving it to spin until I chucked on another tune. Funniest thing I ever done. Had a right laugh.

https://m.facebook.com/groups/7074981034?view=permalink&id=10156777393061035

Some expert on the BBC estimated that more than a million have had it in the UK but we'll never know because they only test you if your seriously ill in hospital, that's why the death percentage figures appear so high.

We need mass testing asap!

The scariest part for me was eating my food and not having any taste or smell at all. Imagine a life of not being able to appreciate good tasting food. I began to think I would just as well live on chips and cheap food forever as it would be pointless paying good money for quality food if it would never be any taste.
    Glad to say that it's finally coming back again the taste. Smell is still missing

Quote Originally Posted by uncle bob View Post
    The scariest part for me was eating my food and not having any taste or smell at all. Imagine a life of not being able to appreciate good tasting food. I began to think I would just as well live on chips and cheap food forever as it would be pointless paying good money for quality food if it would never be any taste.
    Glad to say that it's finally coming back again the taste. Smell is still missing
    Be a terrible waste to have a game of Dutch Ovens then Bob!

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebina View Post
    Some expert on the BBC estimated that more than a million have had it in the UK but we'll never know because they only test you if your seriously ill in hospital, that's why the death percentage figures appear so high.

We need mass testing asap!
    Even if a million have it the death rate is still quite high

This must be the lady Jon 59 posted about recently;-

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...om-coronavirus

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    This must be the lady Jon 59 posted about recently;-

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...om-coronavirus
    That's right. I was way out on her age though. But thinking back she didn't change much in appearance over the 35 years I knew her - so 82 doesn't surprise me now that I think about it. Very sad. She was hard working, totally genuine, and a real character.

My daughter-in-law appears to have it (isolating at home - not tested but has the symptoms)

Wife of an occasional CCMB poster and mother of my 19-month old grandson.

Agonising wait to see what happens - can't do a thing to help.

Banned

My daughter-in-law appears to have it (isolating at home - not tested but has the symptoms)

Wife of an occasional CCMB poster and mother of my 19-month old grandson.

Agonising wait to see what happens - can't do a thing to help.
    I hope she recovers soon, for most people the symptoms are mild.

If you or someone you know has it or think they have it DO NOT TAKE IBUPROFEN! DO NOT TAKE IT.
    Only paracetamol. This done the trick for me. Ibuprofen makes it 100 times worse apparently.