+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: We are now locked down

Re: We are now locked down

I regularly enjoy doing kicky uppys while doing a fast stroll can anyone clarify if this is ok as will fall under two forms of exercise

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    Piss poor detail in the announcement again. I’ve got a hole in the side of my house as we have builders in. Do I have to wait months before they can come and fit the door (due tomorrow)? I can keep my distance from the door fitter but as it’s not essential work then presumably not allowed, but I am allowed to go to the shops every morning for a pint of milk, in a shop full of people and speak to the till staff who speak to thousands a day. Great plan.
    https://twitter.com/robertjenrick/st...007096836?s=21

It says building construction and maintenance can go ahead as long as social distancing is observed.

But I think if the worker decides they aren’t comfortable with doing the work then you have to respect that

How the bloody hell 50 dudes can social distance themselves on a construction site effectively is beyond me

Discouraging figures from France and Germany yesterday, new cases up by over a 1,000 in the latter to the second biggest daily figure they've had and although the deaths figure yesterday looks terrible on a graph, it was less than thirty. France recorded it's highest new cases figure (almost double the previous worst) and deaths were also their worst by a distance after two days where the numbers were declining. I suppose too much shouldn't be read into one day and it might be that info was slower to be recorded over a weekend - wait and see I suppose.

As expected, Spain's figures continue to soar with a highest for new cases and deaths, but at least the trend was downwards in Italy for a second consecutive day.

Quote Originally Posted by EadosEados View Post
    Are Petrol Stations still open?
    Just listed on the beeb as a place allowed to stay open.
    Also bicycle shops.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    Government is counting on the public's goodwill because the restrictions are unenforceable as there's not nearly enough police officers to spread around. They'll only get involved for egregious examples like gangs of bored kids congregating purely to goad them.
    The Army have been setting up a massive camp for the last 48hrs just outside Bristol. I they're there to help food distribution etc., fine. I they're there to act as law re-enforcement officers, this certainly is a brave new world

Quote Originally Posted by GL1Blue View Post
    very good address, basically said I've given you all chance and you didn't do as I told you.
    Hopefully those that thought this was a sunny Bank Holiday weekend to spend out and about will now take a long hard look at themselves.
    He was going to put us in lockdown anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by EadosEados View Post
    Are Petrol Stations still open?
    Please use the gloves provided before picking up the pump handle

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    I always do anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Kitman View Post
    https://twitter.com/robertjenrick/st...007096836?s=21

It says building construction and maintenance can go ahead as long as social distancing is observed.

But I think if the worker decides they aren’t comfortable with doing the work then you have to respect that

How the bloody hell 50 dudes can social distance themselves on a construction site effectively is beyond me
    Says a lot that the govt is giving unimplementable advice on Twitter. I am not critical of the lockdown. I’m critical of the shitshow that the govt can make out of what is supposed to be clear communication when it is most needed. As you say- impossible for a team of builders to socially isolate... Less so individual tradesmen. He turned up this morning because he was equally confused- there are conflicting messages everywhere for tradesmen, and **** all financial support. I’ve sent him home- no real room for error here. But that an entire industry is left guessing is a proper disgrace, as is the fact that large building sites seem to have remained open.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    havent been any around here for 2 weeks

I used dog poop bags unused of course

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    Piss poor detail in the announcement again. I’ve got a hole in the side of my house as we have builders in. Do I have to wait months before they can come and fit the door (due tomorrow)? I can keep my distance from the door fitter but as it’s not essential work then presumably not allowed, but I am allowed to go to the shops every morning for a pint of milk, in a shop full of people and speak to the till staff who speak to thousands a day. Great plan.
    Buy a six-pinter.

I'm still not a fan of Piers Morgan but he tweets here as follows:

We need urgent clarity from the Govt. about
    @michaelgove’s announcement on @GMB re children moving between separated parents’ homes as it directly contradicts current Govt. advice post @BorisJohnson speech last night.
    Michael Gove responds via twitter:

I wasn’t clear enough earlier, apologies. To confirm - while children should not normally be moving between households, we recognise that this may be necessary when children who are under 18 move between separated parents. This is permissible & has been made clear in the guidance
    Susana Reid chips in:

I read out the government guidance to you on this directly this morning @gmb and you rejected it.
    To be fair, Michael Gove now on BBC Breakfast correcting self but you can see how people can easily take in the wrong message. Then you have characters such as Mike Ashley and Mr Whetherspoons taking advantage of confusion and pushing for their workers to either i) come into work as normal or ii) go 8 weeks without pay.

As Frankie Boyle said:

Unfortunate that the guy who drove a JCB with Get Brexit Done written on it through a polystyrene wall has decided that a life or death pandemic is the time for nuanced messaging