+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: We are now locked down

Re: We are now locked down

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    Piss poor detail in the announcement again. I’ve got a hole in the side of my house as we have builders in. Do I have to wait months before they can come and fit the door (due tomorrow)? I can keep my distance from the door fitter but as it’s not essential work then presumably not allowed, but I am allowed to go to the shops every morning for a pint of milk, in a shop full of people and speak to the till staff who speak to thousands a day. Great plan.
    Give BoJo a private text and ask him why he didn’t address your highly specific concern in an address to the nation and see if he replies you throbber !!

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    The work bit is unclear to me as Im not sure if travel to work is only permitted for essential work (e.g. by key workers) or if essential for all of us (i.e we can’t work from home).

‘Er indoors doesn’t know whether she should go to work in the morning.
    I guess a lot of people will be phoning in tomorrow morning to find out what they're meant to be doing.

Government is counting on the public's goodwill because the restrictions are unenforceable as there's not nearly enough police officers to spread around. They'll only get involved for egregious examples like gangs of bored kids congregating purely to goad them.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    For a lot of elderly isolated people a visit from the mobile hairdresser is important as is the visit from the cleaner

An uncleaned house for an elderly person can lead to all sorts of infections
    Cleaning / care, sure.

Hairdresser, no, that's not essential whatsoever. You seriously think that somebody travelling from person to person, in close contact for half an hour etc like that is a clever move right now?

I’m as scared of Boris as I am of the virus.****ing hell shut the parks,
    You get a couple of kids in the park parents on their devices they are on the swings before you know it.Kids can be carriers.
    I ****ing despair,
    Someone take him out before he kills us all.

The wife received an email mail shot within minutes of Boris’s speech stating that they’re shutting their retail shops but still taking orders and delivering online purchase and all on line purchases are free.
    I don’t interpret that as essential travel or work.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Tone View Post
    The wife received an email mail shot within minutes of Boris’s speech stating that they’re shutting their retail shops but still taking orders and delivering online purchase and all on line purchases are free.
    I don’t interpret that as essential travel or work.
    All online purchase are free Put me down for everything

Wow... just wow

Quote Originally Posted by dandywarhol View Post
    You get a couple of kids in the park parents on their devices they are on the swings before you know it.Kids can be carriers.
    I ****ing despair,
    That's unfair.

Boris needs somewhere for his kids to go. Hence they're open everywhere in England.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    All online purchase are free Put me down for everything
    You know what I meant ....deliveries are free.

I don’t know whether I should shut my works or not but what will make my mind up is whether my suppliers can deliver or not.

Full Guidance measures from Gov.co.uk in relation to what Bojo said tonight . might clarify what travelling back and from work means where work can't be done from home

https://assets.publishing.service.go...rom_others.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by tell it like it is View Post
    Cleaning / care, sure.

Hairdresser, no, that's not essential whatsoever. You seriously think that somebody travelling from person to person, in close contact for half an hour etc like that is a clever move right now?
    Well my mother gets essential care from carers that have just come from another vulnerable elderly person

What's the difference

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    The best time to do this was much, much closer to 31/01/2020, the second best time is as soon as possible after recognising you've acted much too slowly. Fair play, if the outbreak started on 14/03/2020 then UK government, since that date, has acted in really commanding fashion.

….although one may wonder why they wanted to be able to ban public gatherings for a two year period. Has that been questioned and altered significantly enough today?
    They agreed an amendment to the legislation today to review the act every six months

What about people who dont have much fridge and freezer space ?

Or big cupboards

Stick it outside where it's going to get nicked ?
    How many people have a fridge that only contains one pint of milk!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dandywarhol View Post
    I ****ing despair,
    First you say good speech.

Then this

In the guidance issued to go with the announcement you will see that all communal areas within parks are to be closed.

Do you know Heath Park or Roath Park? How are you going to close those?

Well my mother gets essential care from carers that have just come from another vulnerable elderly person

What's the difference

Having your hair cut ain't essential!

In fairness he can’t cover every single profession in a 10 minute speach. Hence the government guidelines coming out now and throughout tomorrow to cover everything in detail.
    We are adults here (well most of us) so now do our part in getting through it.
    Be safe bluebirds, and the rest of the world please.

Quote Originally Posted by Monster munch View Post
    In fairness he can’t cover every single profession in a 10 minute speach. Hence the government guidelines coming out now and throughout tomorrow to cover everything in detail.
    We are adults here (well most of us) so now do our part in getting through it.
    Be safe bluebirds, and the rest of the world please.
    Well said.

What about just going Out for a drive - no meeting anyone just a change of scenery?

Quote Originally Posted by Toadstool View Post
    What about just going Out for a drive - no meeting anyone just a change of scenery?
    That's no good for Sludge.

Something like 10 days ago wales Scotland was planned to go ahead

Quote Originally Posted by superfeathers View Post
    Something like 10 days ago wales Scotland was planned to go ahead
    I was thinking that earlier. Mental!!

Shows how quickly this is all moving and how slowly the wru will give up on money

Are Petrol Stations still open?

Quote Originally Posted by Toadstool View Post
    I was wondering that. In the recent very wet weather, there were a few days up here where it poured down from dawn to dusk and on one or two of them, I'd go for a drive for about ten to fifteen minutes without stopping anywhere just to break the day up a bit. Only me and my dog have been in the car since I bought it about six weeks ago, so there shouldn't be a problem there, but I can't see such drives being allowable at the moment.