+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Mental health services are going to under incredible strain over next few years

Mental health services are going to under incredible strain over next few years

People losing loved ones , losing their jobs , homes , family break ups through stress , people having breakdowns over fears for their kids , parents , mortgage repayments , putting food on the table

Those that thought mental ill health and stress related anxiety was something that happened to someone else are in for a shock

The services were already broken before this tsunami virus

For out of hours help phone the samaritans on 116 123

In wales , community advice listening line 0800 132737

For men only phone calm , 0808 585858

Mind , Sane and Rethink also have advice lines and websites with information on mental health

Take care bluebirds

Re: Mental health services are going to under incredible strain over next few years

My outpatients appointment has just been cancelled due to consultants , understandably , not wanting clinical areas spreading the virus and concentrating on those most in need , ie under section for their own safety , in hospital

God bless em all

Re: Mental health services are going to under incredible strain over next few years

I'm older persons mental health they are doing telephone consultation instead

There are theories, although I am not educated enough on the subject to make them, that moments like this exponentially improve mental health. There is a big correlation between the richer and more comfortable a society is the more mental health issues arise.

Like how they have done those study's on isolated tribes who literally have nothing and a relative poor standard of living, but score the highest on mental health and happiness tests.

I struggle a lot with depression, and have been in the house doing nothing since I become unemployed last September.

Since the outbreak however I have been consciously staying in for a perceived greater good, I have never been so productive, cleaned the garage out, and deep clean of both the cars just today already.

Quote Originally Posted by chris lee View Post
    There are theories, although I am not educated enough on the subject to make them, that moments like this exponentially improve mental health. There is a big correlation between the richer and more comfortable a society is the more mental health issues arise.

Like how they have done those study's on isolated tribes who literally have nothing and a relative poor standard of living, but score the highest on mental health and happiness tests.

I struggle a lot with depression, and have been in the house doing nothing since I become unemployed last September.

Since the outbreak however I have been consciously staying in for a perceived greater good, I have never been so productive, cleaned the garage out, and deep clean of both the cars just today already.
    It's slightly different because those tribes are free, and they don't have to conform to any rules imposed by a government. People in advanced western economies are basically on a treadmill, and if they don't maintain a certain speed there will be all sorts of consequences.

Duplicate post.

Quote Originally Posted by chris lee View Post

Good man , take it easy

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    It's slightly different because those tribes are free, and they don't have to conform to any rules imposed by a government. People in advanced western economies are basically on a treadmill, and if they don't maintain a certain speed there will be all sorts of consequences.
    We ain't supposed to be chasing the dollar like this

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    We ain't supposed to be chasing the dollar like this
    I totally agree Sludge. Having travelled well off the beaten track I concur with the words of Chris Lee. I've stayed in villages where they grow or farm everything that they eat, and then trade the surplus for a few modest luxuries. They didn't have much, but boy were they happy, and they would accept you into their home as though you were one of the family. Somewhere along the line we took a wrong turn.

Quote Originally Posted by Armitage Shanks View Post
    I'm older persons mental health they are doing telephone consultation instead
    Are you in the cardiff and vale area health board ?

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    I totally agree Sludge. Having travelled well off the beaten track I concur with the words of Chris Lee. I've stayed in villages where they grow or farm everything that they eat, and then trade the surplus for a few modest luxuries. They didn't have much, but boy were they happy, and they would accept you into their home as though you were one of the family. Somewhere along the line we took a wrong turn.
    The endless nine to five , two holidays a year with the kids , we must get that new iPhone, that dishwasher is only 3 years old but needs replacing , like lemmings