+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Self Employed Help, Coronavirus Bill

Feedback

Re: Self Employed Help, Coronavirus Bill

Quote Originally Posted by tell it like it is View Post
    Not as directors they aren't...
    Directors are deemed employees for income tax purposes. Whether a PAYE scheme is used or not is the sticking point

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    yeah looks ok in principle better than what i expected

i wish when all this is over the government can make taxation so much easier for self employed people . i notice a few on here and other places think that a lot fiddle the books etc which isn't the case in most cases just use the current laws to gain maximum advantage

Its the system that's wrong not the self employed people that work within the system . IR35 needs to be looked at and refined for starters .How do you tax people fairly that work with money transactions etc ?
    The rules for IR35 shift the liability to the client and in most cases results in the wrong status being applied

I assume your wife works in a meaningful at the consultancy? If so, then the company is a legit business.

If it's a limited company then directors, which I assume both you and your wife are, will get zip.

However... this exculsion really craps all over HMRC's attempts to label Ltd company contractors as "disguised employees".
    Yes she does - not just making tea and answering the phone!

Quote Originally Posted by TISS View Post
    The rules for IR35 shift the liability to the client and in most cases results in the wrong status being applied
    The change in rules, you mean.

Currently, contractor bears responsibility for IR35 determination, can still be inside... as you say, shifting responsibility to client to decide has led them to blanket ban PSCs ( which don't exist.. ).

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCC3PO View Post
    Yep, just remember this act when your tax bill goes up. I'm sure you will.
    Pretty sure my tax bill will be going up to pay for all the 80% help the PAYE are getting, so why not help the SE'ed with the same 80% ? ? ?

first payment in June.**** me

hearing alot of freelancers getting laid off today some of whom i know and worked with over the years over the country

had a letter placed on my desk thinking my number was up today but was a letter saying I was an essential worker and if I get stopped by the police / authorities I can carry on with my duties !! mind you I,m working from home 3 days a week now

if i do get laid off will volunteer to help with the health service in the interim

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    Pretty sure my tax bill will be going up to pay for all the 80% help the PAYE are getting, so why not help the SE'ed with the same 80% ? ? ?
    They are helping the Self Employed.

Only if through PAYE...

Only if through PAYE...
    If you're PAYE you aren't self employed!

Yea, i realised that when i posted this

not a bad result for the SE'ed today

treated fairly and equally with the PAYE

well done the Government

Banned

Yea, i realised that when i posted this
    Yes, and now you will be taxed fairly and equally with the PAYE. Let's hope some of those who are self-employed start declaring their real earnings from now on - hopefully they have realised that the taxes they are avoiding could have bought some valuable equipment for the NHS.

B,
    Yes, and now you will be taxed fairly and equally with the PAYE. Let's hope some of those who are self-employed start declaring their real earnings from now on - hopefully they have realised that the taxes they are avoiding could have bought some valuable equipment for the NHS.
    Ah, the self employed who rarely use the NHS because they have no safety net of sick pay or unemployment benefit while paying their taxes and NI contributions and very often have to drag themselves to work when feeling ill. Have you ever been self employed and fended for yourself without the umbrella of an employer? A lot of self employed people work in industries that only offer this method of employment, they aren’t doing it through choice, many work week to week and are stopped 20% of their gross, no chance of fiddling that. Outdoor workers have just been through the wettest Autumn/Winter on record decimating their earnings, now they have to wait until June for financial help. Yeah, let’s all knock the self employed, the ones you need if your boiler breaks down during Christmas week, your electricity goes pop on a Saturday afternoon, you need your car repaired at a reasonable cost, pissing down with rain and your roof springs a leak, a garden or front wall suddenly starts leaning precariously, the hairdresser who on the morning of a wedding will call to a house at 6am in the morning and do the hair of about twenty women in a few hours, the milkman out delivering in all weathers......Yep, all selfish pricks, let’s get rid of them all!!!!!!