+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What will change after Covid-19?

What will change after Covid-19?

The way we work for sure, Companies will realise many people can work from home and meetings can be done on with the various online meeting apps, my Company has already said they are pleased with the way it's working and will make changes.

What else will be different?

Re: What will change after Covid-19?

The price of petrol will sky rocket again. It was down to 101.9 in my local Asda last night

Quote Originally Posted by Gnojek View Post
    The price of petrol will sky rocket again. It was down to 101.9 in my local Asda last night
    Maybe supply and demand, most people don't need petrol at the minute?

That's exactly what it is. Not sure whether petrol "goes off" or whether that due to the supply chain, they have to keep shifting it on but it shows how they are keen to sell it off.

I hope the main change is the government and the people realising what a precious part of our life the NHS is and improving it and protecting it is of the utmost importance.

Saudi Arabia and Russia are in despute about production levels, so there is a glut at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    I hope the main change is the government and the people realising what a precious part of our life the NHS is and improving it and protecting it is of the utmost importance.
    I hope so, and think it may happen, the NHS has never been so appreciated!

What about pubs and football, will people realise they can manage without them, or miss them and want to go them more than ever?

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebina View Post
    Saudi Arabia and Russia are in despute about production levels, so there is a glut at the moment.
    I realised this a few weeks back and moved my hundred packs of toilet rolls into the shed to make room in the house for my 200 petrol containers

I realised this a few weeks back and moved my hundred packs of toilet rolls into the shed to make room in the house for my 200 petrol containers

Im saving a sht load of cash, no Pub's, meals out, takaways (the Mrs won't risk them now), no petrol, no lunch time sandwich's and pop and stuff, the Mrs buys the food anyway, and thats gone up lol!

International

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebina View Post
    What about pubs and football, will people realise they can manage without them, or miss them and want to go them more than ever?
    I wouldn't write off interest in such things yet. After a couple of months in lock-down we may be climbing the walls. There's only so much DIY and gardening one can do.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    I wouldn't write off interest in such things yet. After a couple of months in lock-down we may be climbing the walls. There's only so much DIY and gardening one can do.
    I think this is showing how important entertainment is for everyone.

One thing I think could change is air travel and people take holidays. How many airlines could go bust? What will the cost of airfare be? Will countries be closing their borders to certain countries for a while?

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    I think this is showing how important entertainment is for everyone.

One thing I think could change is air travel and people take holidays. How many airlines could go bust? What will the cost of airfare be? Will countries be closing their borders to certain countries for a while?
    It will obviously hit many countries if their tourist income doesn't recover. However, as an inveterate traveller myself, I think that globetrotting will be more stigmatised when all this dies down and we get back to being concerned about the environment.

In the meantime, buy shares in Carpetright as their sales will go through the roof when the virus subsides and the public are left with worn carpets from months of indoor fitness regimes.....

Banned

I think people have come to appreciate the local butcher and other local businesses a lot more.

There is no doubt some peoples habits will change.

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCC3PO View Post
    I think people have come to appreciate the local butcher and other local businesses a lot more.
    And hopefully they've come to appreciate the "unskilled" workers in this country and see that they are far more important than advertising consultants and hedge fund managers

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    And hopefully they've come to appreciate the "unskilled" workers in this country and see that they are far more important than advertising consultants and hedge fund managers
    Beautifully put

Could well be a baby boom after all this “home working”? That could be the next challenge to deal with for the overstretched NHS heros.

Quote Originally Posted by Liege'93 View Post
    Could well be a baby boom after all this “home working”? That could be the next challenge to deal with for the overstretched NHS heros.
    Becoming pregnant whilst at risk of catching the virus is probably not a good idea.

Global power shift.
    Whilst the USA and Western Europe are still reeling with monumental death tolls, the Chinese (who clamped down on Covid 19 with the full weight of the state), are up and away and helping most of Africa and South America with tackling the virus and spreading their influence.

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCC3PO View Post
    This. I say this as someone who benefits financially from people caring more about their money than their kids, but I'd hope that the gap between pay for nurses and teachers on one hand, and pay in financial services on the other shrinks materially

Sports will return to the news.

Quote Originally Posted by Penywaun gentrified View Post
    Global power shift.
    Whilst the USA and Western Europe are still reeling with monumental death tolls, the Chinese (who clamped down on Covid 19 with the full weight of the state), are up and away and helping most of Africa and South America with tackling the virus and spreading their influence.
    Really? Didn't know about this, got anything to back it up?