+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Domestic and General Insurance salesman - essential work?

Domestic and General Insurance salesman - essential work?

Just had a cold call from a Domestic and General call centre trying to get me to take on extra insurance for electrical appliances from them. When I asked the guy why on earth is he working today, he said he couldn't believe it himself - essential work for D and G's shareholders I guess!

Re: Domestic and General Insurance salesman - essential work?

I know a guy who's caught it, works in stocks and shares. His company are still going to work! Some companies are only interested in greed.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Just had a cold call from a Domestic and General call centre trying to get me to take on extra insurance for electrical appliances from them. When I asked the guy why on earth is he working today, he said he couldn't believe it himself - essential work for D and G's shareholders I guess!
    Probably a good time for these companies to be active, what with so many people at home.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Bizarre. Not that he's working (no reason he shouldn't), but that he cannot do it from home.

My mates Wife delivers parcels. Shes been told she has to work even though the goods she's delivering are not medical or essential.

I have used homeserve for years they have got an offer on plumbing and drainage 50p a month for a year
    and electrics 3quid .in this crisis it could prove invaluable
    https://www.homeserve.com/uk/insurance-cover

Quote Originally Posted by valleys caveman View Post
    My mates Wife delivers parcels. Shes been told she has to work even though the goods she's delivering are not medical or essential.
    Correct. The question is whether it is essential that you have to travel to work to do your job. Not whether that work is itself essential. Provided you can maintain the 2m gap, you crack on.

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    Correct. The question is whether it is essential that you have to travel to work to do your job. Not whether that work is itself essential. Provided you can maintain the 2m gap, you crack on.
    Unbelievably this is the correct guidance.

Its not good enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Unbelievably this is the correct guidance.

Its not good enough.
    It will lead to people dying. Its not even clear to me that this is actually the policy- the govt seems to flip flop between travel being essential for work and travel to work that is essential. Criminally crap advice or communication.

Abd while we are at it- why the **** is homebase open?!

It will lead to people dying. Its not even clear to me that this is actually the policy- the govt seems to flip flop between travel being essential for work and travel to work that is essential. Criminally crap advice or communication.

So people can carry out 'essential repairs'

Yep they've been criminally incompetent with this. There is zero clarity with the instructions really.