+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Would it help the community if some people volunteered to be infected by the virus...

Would it help the community if some people volunteered to be infected by the virus...

....and to agree not to call upon the health service nor anyone else if they become seriously affected and/or in danger of dying?

Just a thought that some people living alone could do (and obviously self-isolate) in order that the survivors can, hopefully, get back out there in the community and bolster up the workforce in areas most affected.

It would be truly a selfless act for the sake of the whole community but I think I would volunteer myself.

Dopey idea?

Re: Would it help the community if some people volunteered to be infected by the virus...

No need pal,there are trials on humans going on as we speak under lab conditions with the hope of getting a vaccine by the end of the year.

Re: Would it help the community if some people volunteered to be infected by the virus...

Quote Originally Posted by sneggyblubird View Post
    No need pal,there are trials on humans going on as we speak under lab conditions with the hope of getting a vaccine by the end of the year.
    £3k for 2 weeks work.
    Would it be inappropriate for me to suggest that's not to be sniffed at.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    ....and to agree not to call upon the health service nor anyone else if they become seriously affected and/or in danger of dying?

Just a thought that some people living alone could do (and obviously self-isolate) in order that the survivors can, hopefully, get back out there in the community and bolster up the workforce in areas most affected.

It would be truly a selfless act for the sake of the whole community but I think I would volunteer myself.

Dopey idea?
    millions of people have already got it, this is already happening. In spain and italy they only test those on death doors and in intensive care, millions are turned away from hospital and told to go home and self-isolate. I am sure both my wife and daughter had it.

re you voluntering

I volunteer head hurd immunity toss pot Borris Johnson

I've never heard anything apart from a year to 18 months in relation to a vaccine

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    £3k for 2 weeks work.
    Would it be inappropriate for me to suggest that's not to be sniffed at.
    No, but I'd draw the line at "sneezed"!

Yes but that involves fewer people and for a slightly different purpose.

Could set up a new town for people who prefer to live with increased chance of getting it/passing it on but without wider restriction so all those who want to go out or to the beach can do so uninhibited and rest are more likely to be safe. How long would it take to nationalise Milton Keynes for this purpose?

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post

Dopey idea?
    In reply to this, there's logic there. I thought similar with herd immunity but the number of volunteers to make it effective would be huge.

You're basically asking someone to take a chance with their life though, it would take a huge amount of selflessness to take the hit knowing there's a chance, however small, that you will get complications

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    In reply to this, there's logic there. I thought similar with herd immunity but the number of volunteers to make it effective would be huge.

You're basically asking someone to take a chance with their life though, it would take a huge amount of selflessness to take the hit knowing there's a chance, however small, that you will get complications
    Good post as usual Delmbox. Also there's no proof yet that getting it gives you long term immunity as far as I know. But I'm not told everything the scientific and medical community know about the virus

Good post as usual Delmbox. Also there's no proof yet that getting it gives you long term immunity as far as I know. But I'm not told everything the scientific and medical community know about the virus
    Answering and complimenting your own previous post is a tad unusual, isn't it ?

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Answering and complimenting your own previous post is a tad unusual, isn't it ?
    Being locked in your own home because of a virus is unusual but I don't see anybody talking about that

Being locked in your own home because of a virus is unusual but I don't see anybody talking about that
    Spot on

Heisenberg

Spot on

Spot on
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Agreed.
    Same here.