+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Currently on my decks

Currently on my decks

Slayer , Seasons In The Abyss

Re: Currently on my decks

Echo and The Bunneymen. Ocean Rain reissue. Heaviest vinyl I've seen. Must be 220g.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Echo and The Bunneymen. Ocean Rain reissue. Heaviest vinyl I've seen. Must be 220g.
    One of the greatest albums

Leonard Cohen You Want It Darker sits on my deck as we speak .astonishing album

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    One of the greatest albums
    Agree.
    I remember the first time i heard "My Kingdom" on the John Peel (GRHS) when i was slightly the worse for wear.
    That guitar on full blast just awesome.

Been playing some easy listening stuff lately, the more cheery stuff working my way through artists of my tunes.
    Came across "Each and every one" by Everything but the girl which evoked some good memories of carefree youthful times.
    Some nice trumpeting in it.

Why did music stop being good after the eighties for loads of posters on here?

It may be because we all had kids and less time to go clubbing

I used to have a view of feeling sorry for the "youngsters of today" having to listen to all that (c)rap and rave nonsense, with a sprinkle of plagiarized hits of yesteryear with a load of swear words thrown in.
    However, I now think that we all have our day, usually late teens to thirties, and get on with it. I suppose the kids whose "day" was the 90's and noughties have their own faves, I also think that there was some good stuff from that era.
    This board I would guess is made up mainly whose day was 70's and eighties.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Why did music stop being good after the eighties for loads of posters on here?
    I listen to newer music. Not much of it on vinyl though. The last record by a new band that I bought was the Shame album in 2018.

Early Metallica ����

I've just finished spinning "Thick as a Brick" on the turntable.

The Strawbs "Hero & Heroine" for tomorrow