+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Dunraven Windows Bridgend

Dunraven Windows Bridgend

No matter how much stress you are under , no matter the crisis , no matter that you are resting you can count on the friendly sales team from Dunraven Windows Bridgend ......who just happen to be in the area .....to cold call you despite you insisting you do not want any of their products and have asked to be removed from the database

Thanks Dunraven

Re: Dunraven Windows Bridgend

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    No matter how much stress you are under , no matter the crisis , no matter that you are resting you can count on the friendly sales team from Dunraven Windows Bridgend ......who just happen to be in the area .....to cold call you despite you insisting you do not want any of their products and have asked to be removed from the database

Thanks Dunraven
    In the words of the great John McEnroe, "you cannot be serious man"!!

L

Thanks Dunraven
    Barge pole comes to mind !!!

A few years ago, my father in law, who suffered with dementia, was cold called by these twats. They got him to sign up for a new front door and windows. I went to their offices in Pyle and made them cancel the order.

Thanks Dunraven
    Do they still wear white socks ?

Quote Originally Posted by Talksport View Post
    A few years ago, my father in law, who suffered with dementia, was cold called by these twats. They got him to sign up for a new front door and windows. I went to their offices in Pyle and made them cancel the order.
    Just one of many sadly

My old dear was conned a few years back into getting a conservatory with them despite me telling my sister not to contact dunraven as they were notorious hard sellers , when my sister found out she cancelled the order but lost the deposit , she only had herself to blame , I had warned her

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Do they still wear white socks ?
    Yeah and a tush

These tossers put a large conservatory on the house next door.
    I've no problem with that...

but they used my front garden as an extension to their building site!
    It was winter, so I had the curtains closed for much of the time so didn't see them until they had caused a lot of damage to my lawn.
    They even had a truck delivering concrete by snorkel over the house, it had to have stabalising legs - one of which was on my lawn and left a hole two feet deep.

The didn't ask permission at any time, nor did the apologise, even after I emailed their office.
    All they did was put a couple of shovelfuls of earth into the hole and left without saying a word.

Thanks Dunraven
    I had a telephone call at 8pm last night from a telephone sales team based in Runcorn, Cheshire. They were trying to sell me life insurance !!!!
    I could hear the frenzy of other people in the background and asked why they were all in work given the current restrictions.
    He seemed quite offended and reminded me that they were all working with a 2 metre gap for safety.
    I then asked him did he think they were involved in a critical service and why they were not closed completely.
    The phone went dead so I didn’t get to buy any life insurance

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    I had a telephone call at 8pm last night from a telephone sales team based in Runcorn, Cheshire. They were trying to sell me life insurance !!!!
    I could hear the frenzy of other people in the background and asked why they were all in work given the current restrictions.
    He seemed quite offended and reminded me that they were all working with a 2 metre gap for safety.
    I then asked him did he think they were involved in a critical service and why they were not closed completely.
    The phone went dead so I didn’t get to buy any life insurance
    There’ll be another along soon so you won’t miss out

User reviews for that company are overwhelmingly uncomplimentary.

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/dunravenwindows.com

They are a dreadful bunch a (pane) in the arse

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    I had a similar call except that I didn't give them a chance to get beyond "Is it a convenient time to talk about your life insurance". Not a good time to call a pensioner really as it likely that I would only make a couple of payments before the dreaded COVID gets me, leaving them distinctly out-of-pocket!

they are a real f***ing pain

Quote Originally Posted by poc View Post
    they are a real f***ing pain
    A glass in the arse

Thanks Dunraven
    I've threatened them with the Information Commissioner. If you've asked for your details to be removed they must remove them or they are breaching GDPR (While we're still in the EU).