Click here for Cardiff City personalised gift shop
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 126

Thread: Johnson is dithering and a danger to us all.

  1. #1

    Johnson is dithering and a danger to us all.


  2. #2

    Re: Johnson is dithering and a danger to us all.

    I've been saying it for months.

    He's dithering because as time goes on, he's forced to apply Socialist ideology to battle the problem, which naturally goes against the heart of the "Nasty Party".

  3. #3

    Re: Johnson is dithering and a danger to us all.

    Quote Originally Posted by B. Oddie View Post
    I've been saying it for months.

    He's dithering because as time goes on, he's forced to apply Socialist ideology to battle the problem, which naturally goes against the heart of the "Nasty Party".
    Agree, He's a bit of a right wing Libertarian, totally against government intervention and it's causing him a few problems.

  4. #4

    Re: Johnson is dithering and a danger to us all.

    Its pointless moaning about it now. Very few people wanted Johnson as PM.

    But the mad lefties insisted on retaining unelectable commrade Corbyn.

    Any center-leftish leader with half an ounce of common sense would have lead Labour to a crushing victory in the last election.

    So next time dithering Boris infuriates you, dont point the finger at him or the Tories.

    Its the mad lefties who are ultimately responsible. Them and their sickening ignorance.

  5. #5

    Re: Johnson is dithering and a danger to us all.

    Quote Originally Posted by stevebrickman View Post
    Its pointless moaning about it now. Very few people wanted Johnson as PM.

    But the mad lefties insisted on retaining unelectable commrade Corbyn.

    Any center-leftish leader with half an ounce of common sense would have lead Labour to a crushing victory in the last election.

    So next time dithering Boris infuriates you, dont point the finger at him or the Tories.

    Its the mad lefties who are ultimately responsible. Them and their sickening ignorance.
    The mad lefties forced a hung parliament only a couple of years before when the Tories had an unassailable lead in the polls.

  6. #6

    Re: Johnson is dithering and a danger to us all.

    Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    The mad lefties forced a hung parliament only a couple of years before when the Tories had an unassailable lead in the polls.
    And if they had been more to the centre they would probably have won then.

  7. #7

    Re: Johnson is dithering and a danger to us all.

    Meanwhile, Trump's approval rating is up? WTF?

  8. #8

    Re: Johnson is dithering and a danger to us all.

    Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Meanwhile, Trump's approval rating is up? WTF?
    What’s it up from, though? 🤣

  9. #9

    Re: Johnson is dithering and a danger to us all.

    Quote Originally Posted by stevebrickman View Post
    Its pointless moaning about it now. Very few people wanted Johnson as PM.

    But the mad lefties insisted on retaining unelectable commrade Corbyn.

    Any center-leftish leader with half an ounce of common sense would have lead Labour to a crushing victory in the last election.

    So next time dithering Boris infuriates you, dont point the finger at him or the Tories.

    Its the mad lefties who are ultimately responsible. Them and their sickening ignorance.
    Fantastic post , nail on the head, beware though you won't adhere oneself to a few, and the Tory Lite banner will be brought back out

  10. #10

    Re: Johnson is dithering and a danger to us all.

    Quote Originally Posted by The Hooded Claw View Post
    What’s it up from, though? 🤣
    From where it was before?

  11. #11

    Re: Johnson is dithering and a danger to us all.

    Quote Originally Posted by The Hooded Claw View Post
    What’s it up from, though? ��
    It's up from 43 to 49%. Which is worrying.

  12. #12

    Re: Johnson is dithering and a danger to us all.

    I don’t give a feck about corbyn or johnson, especially in terms of their electability, as they’d say in the states. But if it has come to that - the fact that only someone who is sufficiently insipid can win an election - maybe the fact that a total berk can become president....sorry, prime minister....is the least of your problems. Maybe it speaks to a wider rot within english culture itself. It certainly doesn’t sound like a very progressive attitude towards politics, it sounds like prescribed conservatism.

  13. #13
    International jon1959's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Sheffield - out of Roath
    Posts
    9,375

    Re: Johnson is dithering and a danger to us all.

    Quote Originally Posted by stevebrickman View Post
    Its pointless moaning about it now. Very few people wanted Johnson as PM.

    But the mad lefties insisted on retaining unelectable commrade Corbyn.

    Any center-leftish leader with half an ounce of common sense would have lead Labour to a crushing victory in the last election.

    So next time dithering Boris infuriates you, dont point the finger at him or the Tories.

    Its the mad lefties who are ultimately responsible. Them and their sickening ignorance.

    Total nonsense.

  14. #14

    Re: Johnson is dithering and a danger to us all.

    Quote Originally Posted by stevebrickman View Post
    Its pointless moaning about it now. Very few people wanted Johnson as PM.

    But the mad lefties insisted on retaining unelectable commrade Corbyn.

    Any center-leftish leader with half an ounce of common sense would have lead Labour to a crushing victory in the last election.

    So next time dithering Boris infuriates you, dont point the finger at him or the Tories.

    Its the mad lefties who are ultimately responsible. Them and their sickening ignorance.
    Funny! A man who wanted to invest heavily in Health (There's an idea) Public Transport, Workers rights, Contracts and pay (Alot of people are very concerned about this at the moment) Would have prefered to have talked rather that attacked and maimed (foreign policy) Cared for the vulnerable and increased services to those who needed it the most. Ring any bells lads and lasses? If that's 'Mad Leftie) then bring it on. The self Employed and those in jobs without contracts working for shithouses who don't care if their workforce ends up in extreme poverty are feeling the brunt of Tory policy that has allowed businesses to use their workforce like pit ponies. It's happening right now, Peoples misery due to this virus is being made worse by historic Tory policy.

    People who voted for a Tory government are going to see in real time what they signed up to, that's the poorest and most vulnerable suffering even more. Well done. It's a bit like asking a stranger to kick you in the bollocks then complaining because it hurts.

  15. #15

    Re: Johnson is dithering and a danger to us all.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Funny! A man who wanted to invest heavily in Health (There's an idea) Public Transport, Workers rights, Contracts and pay (Alot of people are very concerned about this at the moment) Would have prefered to have talked rather that attacked and maimed (foreign policy) Cared for the vulnerable and increased services to those who needed it the most. Ring any bells lads and lasses? If that's 'Mad Leftie) then bring it on. The self Employed and those in jobs without contracts working for shithouses who don't care if their workforce ends up in extreme poverty are feeling the brunt of Tory policy that has allowed businesses to use their workforce like pit ponies. It's happening right now, Peoples misery due to this virus is being made worse by historic Tory policy.

    People who voted for a Tory government are going to see in real time what they signed up to, that's the poorest and most vulnerable suffering even more. Well done. It's a bit like asking a stranger to kick you in the bollocks then complaining because it hurts.
    Superb post

  16. #16

    Re: Johnson is dithering and a danger to us all.

    meanwhile a friends and family die,

  17. #17
    International jon1959's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Sheffield - out of Roath
    Posts
    9,375

    Re: Johnson is dithering and a danger to us all.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Funny! A man who wanted to invest heavily in Health (There's an idea) Public Transport, Workers rights, Contracts and pay (Alot of people are very concerned about this at the moment) Would have prefered to have talked rather that attacked and maimed (foreign policy) Cared for the vulnerable and increased services to those who needed it the most. Ring any bells lads and lasses? If that's 'Mad Leftie) then bring it on. The self Employed and those in jobs without contracts working for shithouses who don't care if their workforce ends up in extreme poverty are feeling the brunt of Tory policy that has allowed businesses to use their workforce like pit ponies. It's happening right now, Peoples misery due to this virus is being made worse by historic Tory policy.

    People who voted for a Tory government are going to see in real time what they signed up to, that's the poorest and most vulnerable suffering even more. Well done. It's a bit like asking a stranger to kick you in the bollocks then complaining because it hurts.

  18. #18

    Re: Johnson is dithering and a danger to us all.

    Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Superb post
    I really don't understand what people want out of life? Boris is struggling at the moment because he's got to implement policies based on caring for the most vulnerable and helping out those poor people who are exploited by big business (his mates) There's no financial reward to be had for investing in the poor and it's killing him. People need to take a good hard look at themselves during this awful period and maybe ask themselves what's important to them and for the people that they love and care for. Hopefully the message gets through that good services and a government that cares for it's people that doesn't allow exploitation of the weakest is more important than some of their perceived views on how society should be and their sub conscious thoughts on how and what a leader should look and sound like. NHS staff in meltdown, workers worried where their next pay check is coming from and charlatan business owners thinking that they have zero responsibility towards their workforce. That's what plenty of idiots voted for.

  19. #19

    Re: Johnson is dithering and a danger to us all.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I really don't understand what people want out of life? Boris is struggling at the moment because he's got to implement policies based on caring for the most vulnerable and helping out those poor people who are exploited by big business (his mates) There's no financial reward to be had for investing in the poor and it's killing him. People need to take a good hard look at themselves during this awful period and maybe ask themselves what's important to them and for the people that they love and care for. Hopefully the message gets through that good services and a government that cares for it's people that doesn't allow exploitation of the weakest is more important than some of their perceived views on how society should be and their sub conscious thoughts on how and what a leader should look and sound like. NHS staff in meltdown, workers worried where their next pay check is coming from and charlatan business owners thinking that they have zero responsibility towards their workforce. That's what plenty of idiots voted for.
    You speak a lot of sense in your posts on this subject, but a question for you.
    If the minority hold the wealth in the UK, and the majority are the poorest, then how did Labour, ever lose control of power?

  20. #20

    Re: Johnson is dithering and a danger to us all.

    Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    You speak a lot of sense in your posts on this subject, but a question for you.
    If the minority hold the wealth in the UK, and the majority are the poorest, then how did Labour, ever lose control of power?
    Because enough people are easily persuaded to vote against their own interests. There would never be a Tory government otherwise.

  21. #21

    Re: Johnson is dithering and a danger to us all.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I really don't understand what people want out of life? Boris is struggling at the moment because he's got to implement policies based on caring for the most vulnerable and helping out those poor people who are exploited by big business (his mates) There's no financial reward to be had for investing in the poor and it's killing him. People need to take a good hard look at themselves during this awful period and maybe ask themselves what's important to them and for the people that they love and care for. Hopefully the message gets through that good services and a government that cares for it's people that doesn't allow exploitation of the weakest is more important than some of their perceived views on how society should be and their sub conscious thoughts on how and what a leader should look and sound like. NHS staff in meltdown, workers worried where their next pay check is coming from and charlatan business owners thinking that they have zero responsibility towards their workforce. That's what plenty of idiots voted for.
    I know plenty of people who voted brexit and voted tory

    And , by definition therefore supported the conservatives welfare slashing , privatisation of NHS services and the me me me society first brought on by thatcher

    There is no such thing as society !

    Well some of those very same people are now going cap in hand to a benefits system that has been slashed to the bone and will have to go through all sorts of hoops and tests to get money to live on

    The benefits system cant cope with all these new claims , computer systems are crashing and delays in payments are increasing

    For those that are affected they have my sympathy but if they were one of those people who thought they were allright and benefits people were scroungers and they voted tory ........I am afraid it's too late to cry now

    You voted for boris , dont say you were not warned

    Wheres that Iain Duncan Smith gone ?

  22. #22

    Re: Johnson is dithering and a danger to us all.

    Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    You speak a lot of sense in your posts on this subject, but a question for you.
    If the minority hold the wealth in the UK, and the majority are the poorest, then how did Labour, ever lose control of power?
    Labour lost power because of the worldwide financial crash and the shift of the party towards a north london talking shop

    It failed to connect with it's working class core who felt marginalised and got sucked in by anti european sentiment

    Once this crisis is over we will see what a stupid decision it was to leave europe and shift this country to the right

    Corbyns heart was in the right place but he was a very weak leader and had too much baggage

  23. #23

    Re: Johnson is dithering and a danger to us all.

    In the general election Boris Johnson hid in a fridge rather than answer questions; was the only leader not to go on Andrew Neil's show; avoided climate change debates and debates where wasn't just him and Corbyn; presented three word slogans instead of engaging in detail about policy; had Michael Gove try to persuade viewers that Channel 4 would tamper with conservative twitter feed so was fake news; used the idea that the majority of people knew that CCHQ was part of the Conservative party to defend presenting misleading information....

    The result was a government who won power by avoiding scrutiny at all costs. The result, it appears, is the government followed herd immunity models for a month and a half without allowing scientist to properly challenge or media to properly question.

  24. #24

    Re: Johnson is dithering and a danger to us all.

    Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Because enough people are easily persuaded to vote against their own interests. There would never be a Tory government otherwise.
    Perhaps they are all "Ragged Trousered Philanthropists"

  25. #25

    Re: Johnson is dithering and a danger to us all.

    The people have the government they deserve. People voted for a libertarian tory and are now begging for socialist policies to get us through a crisis.

    The NHS would have struggled in any sense but years of it being ran into the ground is coming home to roost.

    People are praising the 500,000 who have volunteered for the NHS and fair play to them but why do we have to have voluteers? There are billionaires in this country who don't pay their tax who could pay those 500,000 a good wage.

    How many of the half a million volunteers are millionaires or billionaires I wonder?

  26. #26

    Re: Johnson is dithering and a danger to us all.

    Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Labour lost power because of the worldwide financial crash and the shift of the party towards a north london talking shop

    It failed to connect with it's working class core who felt marginalised and got sucked in by anti european sentiment

    Once this crisis is over we will see what a stupid decision it was to leave europe and shift this country to the right

    Corbyns heart was in the right place but he was a very weak leader and had too much baggage
    You have to blame the party though. It was obvious Corbyn was never getting elected. He was an easy target. It played out exactly as everyone knew it would and no one did anything about it. They just handed Johnson and his cornies 5 years. It blows my mind thinking about it.

  27. #27

    Re: Johnson is dithering and a danger to us all.

    Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    You have to blame the party though. It was obvious Corbyn was never getting elected. He was an easy target. It played out exactly as everyone knew it would and no one did anything about it. They just handed Johnson and his cornies 5 years. It blows my mind thinking about it.
    Without a doubt.
    Hopefully the likes of McDonnell and Abbott will soon be confined to the backbenches.

    Big mistake number 1 - electing the wrong Milliband brother.

    Then the disastrous Corbyn appointment.

  28. #28

    Re: Johnson is dithering and a danger to us all.

    Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    The people have the government they deserve. People voted for a libertarian tory and are now begging for socialist policies to get us through a crisis.

    The NHS would have struggled in any sense but years of it being ran into the ground is coming home to roost.

    People are praising the 500,000 who have volunteered for the NHS and fair play to them but why do we have to have voluteers? There are billionaires in this country who don't pay their tax who could pay those 500,000 a good wage.

    How many of the half a million volunteers are millionaires or billionaires I wonder?
    The super rich are of absolutely no value at the best of times, during situations like this they have absolutely zero purpose. The people who are being begged to help across the political landscape are workers. If people can't understand that then things like this will happen again.

  29. #29

    Re: Johnson is dithering and a danger to us all.

    The craziest thing is only a month ago we were talking about "low skilled workers" only a month ago and it turns out these people are now some of the most important people in the country.

  30. #30

    Re: Johnson is dithering and a danger to us all.

    Maybe I'm naive, but you'd think the government will surely back track on their disgusting "unskilled workers" policies when we're out the other side of this.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •