+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 126

Thread: Johnson is dithering and a danger to us all.

  1. #31

    Re: Johnson is dithering and a danger to us all.

    Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Maybe I'm naive, but you'd think the government will surely back track on their disgusting "unskilled workers" policies when we're out the other side of this.
    100%, the government and the voting public will have forgotten all of this in 6 months.

  2. #32

    Re: Johnson is dithering and a danger to us all.

    Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    You speak a lot of sense in your posts on this subject, but a question for you.
    If the minority hold the wealth in the UK, and the majority are the poorest, then how did Labour, ever lose control of power?
    Because Labour have pushed and implemented right Wing policy since the days of Blair, The damage was done, Working class areas have been let down for decades by the Labour party, industry and real jobs gone and not replaced, zero opportunity for people, shitty jobs in the gig economy and third generation out of work and naturalized towards a life on benefits, social poverty is the biggest problem, a huge swathe of people from proud communities demotivated, depressed and without much hope. Then the Brexit thing came along where the only people left to hold account for these peoples plight was foreign labour-Because the politicians and law makers sat back and did nothing.

    When people are desperate they do stupid things, when there's nobody else left to argue with or communicate with then bad decisions are made. That's what has happened in alot of our neglected communities, there was nothing left the kick apart from the neighbours dog. Labour have been instrumental in the destruction of these areas as well. I reckon that Corbyn would've backed these people and understood their problems. Sadly, because of a right wing media, celebrity politics and still an element of post colonial fallout it seems that people in this country can't get over the idea that we have to look after our most vulnerable and improve from the bottom up.

  3. #33

    Re: Johnson is dithering and a danger to us all.

    Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    The craziest thing is only a month ago we were talking about "low skilled workers" only a month ago and it turns out these people are now some of the most important people in the country.
    The media and the right wing have always done this, the military being a great example. Most of the lads that join up are from poor or working class backgrounds with little opportunity, they're economic conscripts. Some of them would be considered scum by the Daily Mail if they were on Civvy st, yet become heros of the state when they're forced into taking a bullet for £250 per week. Sad thing is that plenty of people lap this up.

  4. #34

    Re: Johnson is dithering and a danger to us all.

    If only the government had listened to message board posters with years of expertise from tugging one out to Duffy off Casualty rather than their medical experts.

  5. #35

    Re: Johnson is dithering and a danger to us all.

    Quote Originally Posted by tell it like it is View Post
    If only the government had listened to message board posters with years of expertise from tugging one out to Duffy off Casualty rather than their medical experts.
    Duffy will be under immense pressure and stress at the moment. Put your cock away and join the revolution

  6. #36

    Re: Johnson is dithering and a danger to us all.

    Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    You speak a lot of sense in your posts on this subject, but a question for you.
    If the minority hold the wealth in the UK, and the majority are the poorest, then how did Labour, ever lose control of power?
    And ask yourself why the labour got the worst election result since the 1930ís

  7. #37

    Re: Johnson is dithering and a danger to us all.

    Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    100%, the government and the voting public will have forgotten all of this in 6 months.
    I'm not so sure about that, let's see what things look like in two or three weeks.

  8. #38

    Re: Johnson is dithering and a danger to us all.

    Quote Originally Posted by tell it like it is View Post
    If only the government had listened to message board posters with years of expertise from tugging one out to Duffy off Casualty rather than their medical experts.
    What did they react to that medical experts told them? The herd immunity thing that had to be dropped in a week becasue it would have killed 1000s?

  9. #39

    Re: Johnson is dithering and a danger to us all.

    This thread is reading like an article from ‘Socialist Worker’. Anyone who is not a communist is being pounced upon by the ‘comrades’. Luckily we will never have to find out what sort of mess Jeremy Corbyn and his cronies would have made of it all.

  10. #40

    Re: Johnson is dithering and a danger to us all.

    Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    This thread is reading like an article from ‘Socialist Worker’. Anyone who is not a communist is being pounced upon by the ‘comrades’. Luckily we will never have to find out what sort of mess Jeremy Corbyn and his cronies would have made of it all.
    Would they have put the right shoes on the right feet

  11. #41

    Re: Johnson is dithering and a danger to us all.

    Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    This thread is reading like an article from ‘Socialist Worker’. Anyone who is not a communist is being pounced upon by the ‘comrades’. Luckily we will never have to find out what sort of mess Jeremy Corbyn and his cronies would have made of it all.
    I think there's a good chance labour could have messed it up.

    I don't see how that is an argument against the fact that the current government have ****ed up their reaction to the virus, ****ed up the NHS by purposely under funding it for a decade or that the only sensible decisions that have been made are socialist in nature.

  12. #42
    International
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Baku, Azerbaijan
    Posts
    7,800

    Re: Johnson is dithering and a danger to us all.

    I don't think this is a time for party politics, we can do all that when we have got through this and we are doing the mopping up.
    But I'll guarantee you that regardless of what they may be saying or might say publicly, there are several high profile politicians that are thanking their God that they didn't win an election.
    Crobyn May Blair Brown Hammond must all secretly be so relieved not to be in Boris's postiton.
    He, and his advisors and government are having to deal with a situation every day that is unlike anything ever seen in this country and with no historical refgerences to look back on for guidance.
    By its nature it is being played "On the hoof" and decisions have to be made that no PM, no government, any time in the history of this country have ever had to contemplate let alone action.
    It is much easier to stand on the side lines and barrack than to actually be ther having to make the decisions.
    I defy any of the so called pasrty leaders to say they want to be PM today. At least they wouldn't say it if there was the slightest chance it might happen.
    As for Scotland, where would it be now if it had got the independance some of its more vocal politicians demand every day. Their health service is in a worse state than in Wales and that is not good.

  13. #43

    Re: Johnson is dithering and a danger to us all.

    By its nature it is being played "On the hoof" and decisions have to be made that no PM, no government, any time in the history of this country have ever had to contemplate let alone action.
    What about the countries that were all infected before us? Why didn't we just look at and learn from them?

    Just because it is a time of crisis does not mean people are above criticism, the government have handled it and still are handling it slowly and incompetently.

    I don't really know what the point of your post is tbh, maybe you can simplify it for me?

  14. #44

    Re: Johnson is dithering and a danger to us all.

    Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    This thread is reading like an article from ‘Socialist Worker’. Anyone who is not a communist is being pounced upon by the ‘comrades’. Luckily we will never have to find out what sort of mess Jeremy Corbyn and his cronies would have made of it all.
    Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    I don't think this is a time for party politics, we can do all that when we have got through this and we are doing the mopping up.
    But I'll guarantee you that regardless of what they may be saying or might say publicly, there are several high profile politicians that are thanking their God that they didn't win an election.
    Crobyn May Blair Brown Hammond must all secretly be so relieved not to be in Boris's postiton.
    He, and his advisors and government are having to deal with a situation every day that is unlike anything ever seen in this country and with no historical refgerences to look back on for guidance.
    By its nature it is being played "On the hoof" and decisions have to be made that no PM, no government, any time in the history of this country have ever had to contemplate let alone action.
    It is much easier to stand on the side lines and barrack than to actually be ther having to make the decisions.
    I defy any of the so called pasrty leaders to say they want to be PM today. At least they wouldn't say it if there was the slightest chance it might happen.
    As for Scotland, where would it be now if it had got the independance some of its more vocal politicians demand every day. Their health service is in a worse state than in Wales and that is not good.
    Oh look itís the 2 dick heads of the apocalypse!

    It should surprise nobody that the 2 biggest dunces on this board are Tory voters.

  15. #45
    International
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Baku, Azerbaijan
    Posts
    7,800

    Re: Johnson is dithering and a danger to us all.

    Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    What about the countries that were all infected before us? Why didn't we just look at and learn from them?

    Just because it is a time of crisis does not mean people are above criticism, the government have handled it and still are handling it slowly and incompetently.

    I don't really know what the point of your post is tbh, maybe you can simplify it for me?
    no I won't bother, you're so clever you know everything already! Enjoy your superiority.

  16. #46

    Re: Johnson is dithering and a danger to us all.

    Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Would they have put the right shoes on the right feet
    Oh wait the 3rd is here, the man who puts a laughing smiley at the end of every post despite being only slightly funnier than a covid infection.

  17. #47

    Re: Johnson is dithering and a danger to us all.

    Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    What did they react to that medical experts told them? The herd immunity thing that had to be dropped in a week becasue it would have killed 1000s?
    Situation changes on a daily basis as more is known about the virus.

    IC Ferguson's report today is illuminating...

  18. #48

    Re: Johnson is dithering and a danger to us all.

    Quote Originally Posted by tell it like it is View Post
    Situation changes on a daily basis as more is known about the virus.

    IC Ferguson's report today is illuminating...
    It's funny how the solution is what everyone was saying a month ago though.

  19. #49

    Re: Johnson is dithering and a danger to us all.

    Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    It's funny how the solution is what everyone was saying a month ago though.
    Ferguson originally predicted 250k deaths.
    Ferguson stated government had got their timing on restrictions right.
    Ferguson has revised figures do to potentially less than 20k, mostly those who would be expected to die anyway.

    https://twitter.com/AlexBerenson/sta...33211011690499

    EDIT: Ferguson amazingly partly attributes the lockdown to the change - incredible that the lockdown has had such an effect in 2 days when lockdowns usually take 2 weeks to affect things. His main point appears to be that far more people have it than was predicted - which shows the virus is far less dangerous than expected.

    I guess you know better than him, CMO et al though.

  20. #50

    Re: Johnson is dithering and a danger to us all.

    Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    This thread is reading like an article from ‘Socialist Worker’. Anyone who is not a communist is being pounced upon by the ‘comrades’. Luckily we will never have to find out what sort of mess Jeremy Corbyn and his cronies would have made of it all.
    Why cos we'll all be dead?

  21. #51
    International
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Inside Your Head
    Posts
    17,622

    Re: Johnson is dithering and a danger to us all.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Big mistake number 1 - electing the wrong Milliband brother.
    It was the right Miliband, he just got nobbled by the media. The other one was a Hillary arse licker.

  22. #52

    Re: Johnson is dithering and a danger to us all.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Funny! A man who wanted to invest heavily in Health (There's an idea) Public Transport, Workers rights, Contracts and pay (Alot of people are very concerned about this at the moment) Would have prefered to have talked rather that attacked and maimed (foreign policy) Cared for the vulnerable and increased services to those who needed it the most. Ring any bells lads and lasses? If that's 'Mad Leftie) then bring it on. The self Employed and those in jobs without contracts working for shithouses who don't care if their workforce ends up in extreme poverty are feeling the brunt of Tory policy that has allowed businesses to use their workforce like pit ponies. It's happening right now, Peoples misery due to this virus is being made worse by historic Tory policy.

    People who voted for a Tory government are going to see in real time what they signed up to, that's the poorest and most vulnerable suffering even more. Well done. It's a bit like asking a stranger to kick you in the bollocks then complaining because it hurts.
    Inspired post Tuerto, nail and head!

  23. #53
    International
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Inside Your Head
    Posts
    17,622

    Re: Johnson is dithering and a danger to us all.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Funny! A man who wanted to invest heavily in Health (There's an idea) Public Transport, Workers rights, Contracts and pay (Alot of people are very concerned about this at the moment) Would have prefered to have talked rather that attacked and maimed (foreign policy) Cared for the vulnerable and increased services to those who needed it the most. Ring any bells lads and lasses? If that's 'Mad Leftie) then bring it on. The self Employed and those in jobs without contracts working for shithouses who don't care if their workforce ends up in extreme poverty are feeling the brunt of Tory policy that has allowed businesses to use their workforce like pit ponies. It's happening right now, Peoples misery due to this virus is being made worse by historic Tory policy.

    People who voted for a Tory government are going to see in real time what they signed up to, that's the poorest and most vulnerable suffering even more. Well done. It's a bit like asking a stranger to kick you in the bollocks then complaining because it hurts.
    Many voted Tory because the remainers wouldn't accept the will of the people.

  24. #54

    Re: Johnson is dithering and a danger to us all.

    Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    It was the right Miliband, he just got nobbled by the media. The other one was a Hillary arse licker.
    Dave Milliband ahead in all stages of voting until the Union votes coalesced at the final stage.

    Unions wanted Ed, unions got Ed.

  25. #55
    International
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Inside Your Head
    Posts
    17,622

    Re: Johnson is dithering and a danger to us all.

    Quote Originally Posted by tell it like it is View Post
    Dave Milliband ahead in all stages of voting until the Union votes coalesced at the final stage.

    Unions wanted Ed, unions got Ed.
    Establishment didn't want Ed, establishment didn't get Ed.

  26. #56

    Re: Johnson is dithering and a danger to us all.

    Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Many voted Tory because the remainers wouldn't accept the will of the people.
    Agree, although it was a big risk to take for alot of people in my opinion. Corbyn was in a difficult position in that his social policies had attracted quite alot of middle class vote who although not left wing by nature are certainly humanitarian and were taken by his social policies, same with the young and student population. He would've alienated some of them by not showing huge enthusiasm towards the country being a member state of the EU, he's not a fan, neither am i, although we've done that already. Then there was the traditional labour vote in the ex industrial areas who (in my opinion) thought that voting to leave was a protest against a governing body who they felt had let them down and felt just as isolated under EU legislation as they did under previous UK governments. He was on a hiding to nothing really.

    All Boris had to do was chuck out some semi Churchillian sound bites and not really deal with the main issues, piece of piss for him really.

  27. #57

    Re: Johnson is dithering and a danger to us all.

    To be fair, although threads like this pop up every now and then, and they can be quite amusing, as usual, itís just all guff and hot air.
    Since I was born, there have only ever been Conservative and Labour Governments in the UK, with the exception of one coalition.
    Itís been the same arguments, regurgitated, time after time..
    Iíve yet to see a government that can keep a 60m + population all happy, and I never will.
    Itís easier to nail blancmange to a ceiling.
    A socialist country would be as fraught with problems as a capitalist country is.
    Mankind will always have folk at the bottom and folk at the top.
    There will always be poor folk and rich folk.
    There will always be strong folk and weak folk.
    The majority of us find our comfortable niche somewhere in the equation, live our lives as well as we can and then shuffle off our mortal coils into oblivion.
    If we can navigate through what can sometimes be a beautiful world, and sometimes a complete cess pit, to a ripe old age, then we can count ourselves to be the lucky ones.

  28. #58

    Re: Johnson is dithering and a danger to us all.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Duffy will be under immense pressure and stress at the moment. Put your cock away and join the revolution
    Duffy's dead

    Only on telly I hasten to add

  29. #59

    Re: Johnson is dithering and a danger to us all.

    Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I'm not so sure about that, let's see what things look like in two or three weeks.
    There will of course be a full scale public enquiry into this afterwards.

    Though it will.doubtless take years to report

  30. #60

    Re: Johnson is dithering and a danger to us all.

    Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    Duffy's dead

    Only on telly I hasten to add
    Now you tell me How you doing? Hope you don't mind me saying, but isn't your wife in a vulnerable situation as posted by you on here before. If so, can i help you mate? A bit of shopping etc? I think that you've mentioned that you live in North Cardiff (as do i) so it wouldn't be a problem for me-hope you're not offended by the offer.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •