+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Favourite Whittingham goal

Re: Favourite Whittingham goal

Quote Originally Posted by Steve the Tea View Post
    The third goal at home to Wolves was a belter and seems to have slipped through the thoughts of fans. That said, the second goal was a beaut, too, as he took it early. It was sad that the Maynard / Whittingham duo did not have the time to develop due to Maynard's injury.

On a general matter there were too many goals from PW to select just one.

https://youtu.be/kqiExZ7Zd7c

StT.
    <><
    I agree, top three for me Leicester, Boro and Barnsley hard to separate them, apart from the experience of actually feeling the stand sway at Leicester, mental

Difficult one as there are a dozen you could pick from. For sheer delight, and the knowledge that the prize was a Wembley appearance, it has to be the Boro away for me. We played so well that day and you just knew that once that went in, we were going to be difficult to beat especially by a Boro team who although had many big players, were struggling.
    One of my best awaydays ever, didn't want the day to end.

The Leicester away one runs it close especially as it was so far out and everybody knew where it was going. That extra yard Whitts stole mentioned earlier made all the difference.

He's left us with some fantastic memories.

Barnsley goal for me. Great skill to flick it up on the volley and then simply one of the best strikes I've ever seen.

FA cup goal was special too, showed great control and then a curling finish into top corner on his wrong foot.

So many fantastic goals from the best player we've had IMO