Click here for Cardiff City personalised gift shop
Results 1 to 25 of 25

Thread: How much do you miss football?

  1. #1

    How much do you miss football?

    You see guys on Twitter and stuff acting like someone's taken their kidney away, personally I really miss the seeing my friends and having a beer and a laugh whilst watching the football but at the moment I'm pretty fine with the absence of it being everywhere all the time

  2. #2

    Re: How much do you miss football?

    Ban incoming...

  3. #3

    Re: How much do you miss football?

    Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    You see guys on Twitter and stuff acting like someone's taken their kidney away, personally I really miss the seeing my friends and having a beer and a laugh whilst watching the football but at the moment I'm pretty fine with the absence of it being everywhere all the time
    I'm not really missing it. I don't bother with the Premier league or champions league etc, just The Championship. The only thing that i do miss is Midweek games, it does get me through the week, monday Tuesday looking forward to it, Wednesday Thursday basking in a win or getting angry with a loss, and saturday to see whether we can follow it up or make amends. Actually, yes, i am missing football.

  4. #4

    Re: How much do you miss football?

    Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    You see guys on Twitter and stuff acting like someone's taken their kidney away, personally I really miss the seeing my friends and having a beer and a laugh whilst watching the football but at the moment I'm pretty fine with the absence of it being everywhere all the time
    To be fair, this season has been a snore-fest anyway for us. Had it hit 2 years ago I think we'd be feeling it a lot more!

    But no, not really that bothered. My work colleagues never really talk about football, and my mates are mostly plastics so I rarely talk to them about it either. It would be good to have something to watch on the telly though.

  5. #5

    Re: How much do you miss football?

    I'm surprised by how little I'm missing it, and sport in general, currently.

  6. #6

    Re: How much do you miss football?

    I only miss Cardiff City. Couldnt give a sh!t about the rest of it.

  7. #7

    Re: How much do you miss football?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    I only miss Cardiff City. Couldnt give a sh!t about the rest of it.
    So you're not really missing it then-Seeing as the question was 'How much do you miss football'

  8. #8

    Re: How much do you miss football?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    So you're not really missing it then-Seeing as the question was 'How much do you miss football'
    Yeah fair point.😂

  9. #9

    Re: How much do you miss football?

    I miss it but more as something to relieve the bordom more than anything.

    I used to be obsessed when I was a bit younger all I really look at now is Cardiff

  10. #10

    Re: How much do you miss football?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Yeah fair point.��
    It's getting better

  11. #11

    Re: How much do you miss football?

    Missing playing cards down the pub more than football

  12. #12

    Re: How much do you miss football?

    I'm missing life.

  13. #13

    Re: How much do you miss football?

    Not so much yet, although a couple of evenings where I've really wanted to go out and do something the lack of any sport to entertain me has been noticed.

    Feels like the summer break atm, in a few weeks I'll probably be watching old matches on YouTube at 3am.

  14. #14

    Re: How much do you miss football?

    Not missing it at all funnily enough.
    Missing having a pint and catching up with my football friends.

    Haven't switched any sports channel on for a couple of weeks . Haven't listened to Talk Sport either .

    Although we are only a couple of points from the play offs , its not happening for me this season .

    Hopefully I am cured ....

  15. #15

    Re: How much do you miss football?

    Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    To be fair, this season has been a snore-fest anyway for us. Had it hit 2 years ago I think we'd be feeling it a lot more!

    But no, not really that bothered. My work colleagues never really talk about football, and my mates are mostly plastics so I rarely talk to them about it either. It would be good to have something to watch on the telly though.
    Try Hunters on Amazon . Very entertaining.

  16. #16

    Re: How much do you miss football?

    I miss it when I get up on Saturday and Sunday mornings. Apart from that, not so much.

  17. #17

    Re: How much do you miss football?

    It hasn't yet been three weeks since our last game. Ask again in a months time.

  18. #18

    Re: How much do you miss football?

    I'm glad of the break at the moment. Trying to fit in home and away matches, sorting out my mum's affairs after she passed away and then dad in hospital and now care home by us and clearing out/selling the house in Cardiff....physically and emotionally tiring. I'd lost weight and was getting exhausted. Give it a week or so though and I'll be back to missing matches big time. It feels like the summer break and a new season about to start.

  19. #19
    International
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Baku, Azerbaijan
    Posts
    6,564

    Re: How much do you miss football?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    Not missing it at all funnily enough.
    Missing having a pint and catching up with my football friends.

    Haven't switched any sports channel on for a couple of weeks . Haven't listened to Talk Sport either .

    Although we are only a couple of points from the play offs , its not happening for me this season .

    Hopefully I am cured ....
    But it might be bit like they say about alcoholics.... one drink/game and you're back where you started.

  20. #20

    Re: How much do you miss football?

    My son got me watching all the “GAME OF THRONES” series

    Doing the Mrs head in

  21. #21

    Re: How much do you miss football?

    I live away from Cardiff from most of the season so it just feels like normal at the moment. I'm sure it'll hit harder in the summer (especially with no Euros)

    The ideal is that they decide to finish the season in June/early July

  22. #22

    Re: How much do you miss football?

    Having said that, seeing as (almost) everyone is home, it would be pretty sweet if a channel ran the whole of a tournament. Like Mexico '70.

  23. #23

    Re: How much do you miss football?

    Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    It hasn't yet been three weeks since our last game. Ask again in a months time.
    Really? Wow, things have changed so much since then it seems like ages ago

  24. #24

    Re: How much do you miss football?

    Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Having said that, seeing as (almost) everyone is home, it would be pretty sweet if a channel ran the whole of a tournament. Like Mexico '70.
    That is an excellent idea. Every game following the original schedule.

  25. #25

    Re: How much do you miss football?

    Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    You see guys on Twitter and stuff acting like someone's taken their kidney away, personally I really miss the seeing my friends and having a beer and a laugh whilst watching the football but at the moment I'm pretty fine with the absence of it being everywhere all the time
    As I work from home anyway, going out to play and watch football, as well as watching it on TV represented a big part of my life, so I miss it.

    But you just find other things to do instead, which probably much more constructive than SOME of football I normally watch on TV!

    On the plus side of all of this, getting to spend so much time with the family is a real bonus.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •