+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 🌈 Applause at 8pm tonight

🌈 Applause at 8pm tonight

Hope everyone will be out tonight applauding for the NHS WORKERS and all the other key workers

Re: 🌈 Applause at 8pm tonight

Quote Originally Posted by beakerboyblue View Post
    Hope everyone will be out tonight applauding for the NHS WORKERS and all the other key workers
    I'd rather more people fight for their pay and conditions the rest of the time and not sit on their arses and take them for granted, infact that's all workers.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I'd rather more people fight for their pay and conditions the rest of the time and not sit on their arses and take them for granted, infact that's all workers.
    Ah, the old comparison with something more important syndrome.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Ah, the old comparison with something more important syndrome.
    Yup, people are by and large pretty apathetic over the conditions and pay our NHS staff work under, maybe if we'd all fought a little harder then they'd have more of a chance of succeeding and have more resources at hand (excuse the pun) still, a bloody good clapping at 8pm will probably lift morale. I suppose it makes people feel better.

Probably end up waking those up who have come of a 24 hr shift and are back in at 4am

Yup, people are by and large pretty apathetic over the conditions and pay our NHS staff work under, maybe if we'd all fought a little harder then they'd have more of a chance of succeeding and have more resources at hand (excuse the pun) still, a bloody good clapping at 8pm will probably lift morale. I suppose it makes people feel better.
    I see. So let's all be apathetic this evening and that will help enormously.

it looks great when they do it Italy

lets give it a whirl

NHS , Police, Lorry Drivers, Supermarket Workers, Pharmacies, Public Service Drivers , Carers, Social Services, Posties, Delivery Drivers ,Fire Fighters, Teachers thank you so much .

Don’t let the perfect be the enemy of the good seems to be the phrase of the day.

He hasn’t said that though has he?

You do what you like, it's not my business, don't speak for me either when you talk of apathy, i've tried to support NHS workers over the years, infact all workers. My wife is a nurse, 16 years on the ICU unit, i've seen first hand what a lack of resources has done to her. They don't even have the correct PPI. I'm not saying don't clap, i'm saying that we should care more in every respect all of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    He hasn’t said that though has he?
    Thankyou Pearcey.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    NHS , Police, Lorry Drivers, Supermarket Workers, Pharmacies, Public Service Drivers , Carers, Social Services, Posties, Delivery Drivers ,Fire Fighters, Teachers thank you so much .

My whole street was just out clapping, i must say it was quite emotional

If I go to shop, I always thank the staff so much for doing their job in such difficult times , whilst being in close proximity of so many people, I think the are marvellous .

Great moment in our street and beyond clapping very emotional moment ,I wasn't sure how long to keep it going though. 😥

Clapping, whooping, even fireworks went off. Hopefully it makes the NHS staff feel appreciated. Makes people feel good for a bit if nothing else when many might be quite anxious about the future.

Very proud of my neighbours tonight who took time to thank our emergency services.

You do what you like, it's not my business, don't speak for me either when you talk of apathy, i've tried to support NHS workers over the years, infact all workers. My wife is a nurse, 16 years on the ICU unit, i've seen first hand what a lack of resources has done to her. They don't even have the correct PPI. I'm not saying don't clap, i'm saying that we should care more in every respect all of the time.
    I didn't speak for you, old fruit - and I totally agree that we undervalue NHS. However, showing them visible support at this time is highly laudable in my book.

I didn't speak for you, old fruit - and I totally agree that we undervalue NHS. However, showing them visible support at this time is highly laudable in my book.
    Agree, it just gets my goat when their struggle is constant yet so many do little to engage and support unless we're in the shit.

Agree, it just gets my goat when their struggle is constant yet so many do little to engage and support unless we're in the shit.
    Maybe this crisis will highlight their plight.

Hopefully.

Did the applause along with a fair few others in our cul de sac. Somebody also started playing a trumpet (very badly).

Good to see everyone out by us. The lie of the land amplified the noise so it was louder than expected. Thank you to all those who are doing such a challenging job in these difficult times.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Did the applause along with a fair few others in our cul de sac. Somebody also started playing a trumpet (very badly).
    Just one cornet? Oh!

Does it work like that? Next election people will vote for whoever lets them keep more of their paycheck to spend on tat.