+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What will change after Covid-19?

Re: What will change after Covid-19?

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    I hope the main change is the government and the people realising what a precious part of our life the NHS is and improving it and protecting it is of the utmost importance.
    hear, hear

I read about it in a Times editorial last week. It was highlighting how China has already invested heavily in development projects in a number of African countries, as well as South Pacific island countries. It was imploring the government and the West generally not to take their eye off the ball as we deal with this crisis. Thought it was an interesting development that I'd not considered myself.

This article gives a good account of what may happen; the biggest threat is global recession when governments look at the very large hole in their bank balance https://www.esquire.com/uk/life/a319...irus-timeline/

As the weeks and months go by the world will be full of people with crazy hair.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by fingers View Post
    This article gives a good account of what may happen; the biggest threat is global recession when governments look at the very large hole in their bank balance https://www.esquire.com/uk/life/a319...irus-timeline/
    I think that much could be true. It will be an interesting world post this.

I'd like to think that the likes of Amazon, Google, Starbucks and so on realise they have a moral obligation to pay the right levels of taxes.
    I'd like to think that billionaires feel morally obliged to not look for tax loopholes.
    I'd like to think that the self-employed who fiddle their books, stop doing so.

I can see more austerity but I think any Government would be foolish to be seen to be neglecting the NHS from now on. I certainly can't see it being privatised in the way that it was being.

I think there may be investment opportunities post this - but the key thing is that we all remain employed. This is a potential house of cards because people have been borrowing through the last financial crisis to get us out of that financial crisis. The plan was to make borrowing expensive again, forcing people to pay off debts. Now, they will want us to borrow even more money to keep the economy going. My advice to anyone at the moment would be to spend money on the bare necessities, pay off credit cards and get debt down as much as possible. It could get very ugly very quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCC3PO View Post
    I think people have come to appreciate the local butcher and other local businesses a lot more.
    I've come to appreciate the local drug dealer a lot more during this difficult time. Without his services I wouldn't be climbing up the walls.