+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Police State....

Re: Police State....

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    I really despair...bloody hell...drones in the air ordering people to go home...even if they are legitimately exercising with their dog, or queuing at the chemist.....what REALLY take the biscuit is the fine for chalking social distancing lines on the pavement..... what in heavens name is the country descending into???? 1984 somewhat late....

Attachment 3641
    For gods sake get a grip.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    These measures are necessary because far too many people are too stupid to follow sensible precautions. Unfortunately the many idiotic people out celebrating last weekend have ruined it for the rest of us and I for one am fully behind the restrictions that have been imposed. It's got absolutely nothing about a Police State.
    Totally agree you Vindec

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    Orwell would raise a concerned eyebrow at one particular law on the books waiting for the right crisis to come along, it's the Civil Contingencies Act 2004 whose emergency powers would lift the totalitarian heart of dear old Joe Stalin himself from beyond the grave.

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2004/36/part/2

22 Scope of emergency regulations

(b)provide for or enable the requisition or confiscation of property (with or without compensation);
    (c)provide for or enable the destruction of property, animal life or plant life (with or without compensation);
    (d)prohibit, or enable the prohibition of, movement to or from a specified place;
    (e)require, or enable the requirement of, movement to or from a specified place;
    I wasn't aware of that legislation - which can be activated even if the general population do not believe it is necessary.
    In response to other contributors....
    I have not seen drones, but as intimated I read the news - they were in Gwent and also Derbyshire.I It is NOT illegal to drive to an isolated spot and walk your dog - far safer than 'exercising' with other people. It is also somewhat farcical that chalking distance lines on the pavement when queuing at a chemist is considered a crime.

You again with yet another snide remark. Some retaliation is overdue so here's one for you: muggins here doesn't need to go cap-in-hand for a handout from anyone. 'Ave some of that, peasant.
    We have one more group of people that Organ considers himself superior to. This time it's those whose income has been affected. What an honour it is to have one of the golden elite post here

You again with yet another snide remark. Some retaliation is overdue so here's one for you: muggins here doesn't need to go cap-in-hand for a handout from anyone. 'Ave some of that, peasant.
    Well done mate you must be very proud of yourself.

I wasn't aware of that legislation - which can be activated even if the general population do not believe it is necessary.
    In response to other contributors....
    I have not seen drones, but as intimated I read the news - they were in Gwent and also Derbyshire.I It is NOT illegal to drive to an isolated spot and walk your dog - far safer than 'exercising' with other people. It is also somewhat farcical that chalking distance lines on the pavement when queuing at a chemist is considered a crime.
    Driving from Sheffield to Peak District to exercise a dog is ok, huh?

Tickets for chalking have already been reversed...

Banned

I suspect Delm's problems will be temporary whereas you have been walking around with an "End is nigh" sandwich board for many many years.

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCC3PO View Post
    I suspect Delm's problems will be temporary whereas you have been walking around with an "End is nigh" sandwich board for many many years.
    I can't help thinking that being so immersed in things apocalyptic the whole time isn't good for one's health.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    I can't help thinking that being so immersed in things apocalyptic the whole time isn't good for one's health.
    Clearly not. It obviously breeds paranoia in his case. I think it is healthy to mistrust Governments, but the conspirational nonsense that never comes to fruition is a sad waste of energy.

The evidence backs you up.

Haven't asked for a handout from anyone ta, lost my job last Thursday, got immediately straight on it and got a full time job in a Tesco Distribution Warehouse by Wednesday. Providing for loved ones and helping the national effort until my job starts again. Got a day off today and have just come off a group community meeting call about helping people in need around where I live.

That's me, you however, as you keep showing, are a little different. Like I said before, times like these = character amplifiers.

Have a fun day on youtube.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Haven't asked for a handout from anyone ta, lost my job last Thursday, got immediately straight on it and got a full time job in a Tesco Distribution Warehouse by Wednesday. Providing for loved ones and helping the national effort until my job starts again. Got a day off today and have just come off a group community meeting call about helping people in need around where I live.

That's me, you however, as you keep showing, are a little different. Like I said before, times like these = character amplifiers.

Have a fun day on youtube.
    Oof, there’s been a murder!

Don't ask me how, but I can confirm Delmbox is one of life's good guys.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Don't ask me how, but I can confirm Delmbox is one of life's good guys.
    Given the hit on Morg shouldn't that be "one of life's Good Fellas"?

Can you believe this???

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...m-selfies.html

ye gods......

A good comment on this is:
    As a recently retired police trainer, this typifies the outdated old school, long in the tooth sergeants, inspectors and senior managers who were trained long, long ago. There is no communication skills training and poor engagement and enforcement of Covid legislation will cause a rift between the public and the police which will never heal. In my experience many traffic and ARV officers let the powers they have, go to their heads and are the worst the police produce. New officers will lack the skills to speak with public effectively and can be heavy handed. Adding dye to the water; a case in point of poor understanding of local community. Drones following dog walkers; unbelievably naive. Of course the measures in place need to be policed, the way they have already been enforced is over zealous.

Can you believe this???

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...m-selfies.html

ye gods......

A good comment on this is:
    As a recently retired police trainer, this typifies the outdated old school, long in the tooth sergeants, inspectors and senior managers who were trained long, long ago. There is no communication skills training and poor engagement and enforcement of Covid legislation will cause a rift between the public and the police which will never heal. In my experience many traffic and ARV officers let the powers they have, go to their heads and are the worst the police produce. New officers will lack the skills to speak with public effectively and can be heavy handed. Adding dye to the water; a case in point of poor understanding of local community. Drones following dog walkers; unbelievably naive. Of course the measures in place need to be policed, the way they have already been enforced is over zealous.
    I hear you. How many different directions can the Daily Mail face at the same time and still try to be the self-righteous face of Middle England?

The Tory MP in the criticism of the Police didn't even have the bollocks to identify themselves. Usually they can't wait to get their name in that rag as there is probably some Christmas prize for the most mentions from Central Office.

well...that is not the words of the DM nor any Tory MP....it is the opinion of a retired police trainer.

well...that is not the words of the DM nor any Tory MP....it is the opinion of a retired police trainer.
    Where do you live? What part of the country?

Imagine someone contributing to the Daily Mail Comments page as a recently retired trainer bemoaning that old school policing was far superior to modern day techniques. Using modern technology to police their direction rather than George Dixon on every street corner like in the good old days. He was a police trainer who seems to be so out of tune with the training techniques he was employed to motivate his pupils in that no sooner has he left than he is blaiming the pupils and his course materials.

Well...that's a matter of opinion....I suppose you also support facial recognition techniques.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Where do you live? What part of the country?
    why is that important?

Well...that's a matter of opinion....I suppose you also support facial recognition techniques.
    No. I support sensible measures that restrict our lives temporarily, reduce infection and let the overwhelming majority of the population get back to some kind of normality as quickly as possible. We seem to have got here by being too liberal for too long. If you want to perpetuate that view then carry on.

As someone who went to both Cardiff-Swansea derbies facial recognition was an overwhelming intrusion into my personal liberty compared with the risk that the police were trying to manage and had no place in that environment.

Not sure why you are trying to equate that to where we are at the moment with people who don't seem able to self-police so stretched resources need to do it for them though?

The Police wouldn't need to get involved if there weren't idiots ignoring guidelines put in place for very good reasons.

The Police wouldn't need to get involved if there weren't idiots ignoring guidelines put in place for very good reasons.
    So true.Where i live it has been well observed except the 15 or so young dickheads who seem to think it could not happen to them.

International

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Imagine someone contributing to the Daily Mail Comments page as a recently retired trainer bemoaning that old school policing was far superior to modern day techniques. Using modern technology to police their direction rather than George Dixon on every street corner like in the good old days. He was a police trainer who seems to be so out of tune with the training techniques he was employed to motivate his pupils in that no sooner has he left than he is blaiming the pupils and his course materials.
    In the Army there used to be an understanding that on any course a certain number of attendees might fail. If every candidate passed every course on a given subject then the subject matter was aiming too low. On the other hand if too many people were failing either the course material was wrong or the people doing the training were incompetent or not properly trained themselves.

either way it was quickly spotted and corrected.