+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Results 211 to 240 of 252

Thread: Police State....

  1. #211

    Re: Police State....

    Quote Originally Posted by tell it like it is View Post
    Lady Nugee is right leaning?
    Was being ironic.

  2. #212

    Re: Police State....

    Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Possibly the most shocking thing in this thread is that some people still say "simples" after a sentence
    Everybody does.....Not.

  3. #213

    Re: Police State....

    Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Was the main item on BBC News just now too. The right-leaning Emily Thornbury, also commenting similarly. It's not right,left. liberal, it's remembering the coppers are our servants before all else..
    I think it is important to establish whether or not the police acted within the law, if they did and people disagree with with these new powers then it does become political because it would have been passed in Parliament. I suppose it's how the Police interpret these new powers, which has always been a problem.

  4. #214

    Re: Police State....

    Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Lord Sumption, a former Justice of the Supreme Court, told Radio 4's World At One, blah blah blah.
    Here's the thing - my parents are pretty much like the people you described yesterday. They are in their mid-eighties and look quite frail. They both have underlying health conditions which would put them at considerable risk of death if they contracted this virus. My father still loves to drive and he does so often. He goes out to the local recreational club and plays bridge five nights a week and occasionally goes to watch City games. Meanwhile, my mother is a very sociable person who goes to church twice a week and frequently visits her friends. Both of my parents enjoy walking in the sunshine in the open air. No doubt doing so at the present point in time would lift their spirits.

    Nevertheless, in line with the advice of the government, the medical experts and the NHS doctors and nurses, they have stayed at home for almost all of the last three weeks. The few occasions they have left their house have been for brief early morning strolls when they've gone no further than around the block - something they've done about once every three days since they began locking themselves away.

    The reason they haven't driven off to a beauty spot and gone for a walk is they are sensible people who understand that doing so would be ridiculous under the current circumstances. They don't want to run the risk of contracting the virus and they don't want to place any unnecessary burdens on the emergency services or the NHS, so they are following all of the guidelines and staying at home.

    If everyone in this country followed the guidelines, which for the most part are very easy to understand, then it would give us the best chance of overcoming this crisis as quickly as possible. However, it seems a good percentage of the UK public are still ignorant, arrogant, selfish or stupid enough to believe the guidelines somehow don't apply to them.

    By the way, you still haven't answered my question, so I'll rephrase it a little:

    Do you believe everyone should be allowed to drive to Llandaff Fields, park up and go for a stroll? Or should that privilege be reserved for old and frail people who think a walk in the sunshine in the open air would lift their spirits?

  5. #215

    Re: Police State....

    Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Here's the thing - my parents are pretty much like the people you described yesterday. They are in their mid-eighties and look quite frail. They both have underlying health conditions which would put them at considerable risk of death if they contracted this virus. My father still loves to drive and he does so often. He goes out to the local recreational club and plays bridge five nights a week and occasionally goes to watch City games. Meanwhile, my mother is a very sociable person who goes to church twice a week and frequently visits her friends. Both of my parents enjoy walking in the sunshine in the open air. No doubt doing so at the present point in time would lift their spirits.

    Nevertheless, in line with the advice of the government, the medical experts and the NHS doctors and nurses, they have stayed at home for almost all of the last three weeks. The few occasions they have left their house have been for brief early morning strolls when they've gone no further than around the block - something they've done about once every three days since they began locking themselves away.

    The reason they haven't driven off to a beauty spot and gone for a walk is they are sensible people who understand that doing so would be ridiculous under the current circumstances. They don't want to run the risk of contracting the virus and they don't want to place any unnecessary burdens on the emergency services or the NHS, so they are following all of the guidelines and staying at home.

    If everyone in this country followed the guidelines, which for the most part are very easy to understand, then it would give us the best chance of overcoming this crisis as quickly as possible. However, it seems a good percentage of the UK public are still ignorant, arrogant, selfish or stupid enough to believe the guidelines somehow don't apply to them.

    By the way, you still haven't answered my question, so I'll rephrase it a little:

    Do you believe everyone should be allowed to drive to Llandaff Fields, park up and go for a stroll? Or should that privilege be reserved for old and frail people who think a walk in the sunshine in the open air would lift their spirits?
    Your point is well made and the only reason why we have a spread of the virus, deaths and NHS Pressure and supermarket shelf clearing whcih is hurting the elderly and key workers is down to peoples self responsibility and discipline ,we either care or we dont ,we either follow advise , or we don't .

    May ones god got with everyone

  6. #216

    Re: Police State....

    Exactly I'm not staying in 99% of the time because I've been told to. I'm doing it because I don't want to be the wanker who's led to someone's family member dying because I've acted like an inconsiderate arse hole. Being sensible and following the guidelines is literally saving lives.

  7. #217

    Re: Police State....

    Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Here's the thing - my parents are pretty much like the people you described yesterday. They are in their mid-eighties and look quite frail. They both have underlying health conditions which would put them at considerable risk of death if they contracted this virus. My father still loves to drive and he does so often. He goes out to the local recreational club and plays bridge five nights a week and occasionally goes to watch City games. Meanwhile, my mother is a very sociable person who goes to church twice a week and frequently visits her friends. Both of my parents enjoy walking in the sunshine in the open air. No doubt doing so at the present point in time would lift their spirits.

    Nevertheless, in line with the advice of the government, the medical experts and the NHS doctors and nurses, they have stayed at home for almost all of the last three weeks. The few occasions they have left their house have been for brief early morning strolls when they've gone no further than around the block - something they've done about once every three days since they began locking themselves away.

    The reason they haven't driven off to a beauty spot and gone for a walk is they are sensible people who understand that doing so would be ridiculous under the current circumstances. They don't want to run the risk of contracting the virus and they don't want to place any unnecessary burdens on the emergency services or the NHS, so they are following all of the guidelines and staying at home.

    If everyone in this country followed the guidelines, which for the most part are very easy to understand, then it would give us the best chance of overcoming this crisis as quickly as possible. However, it seems a good percentage of the UK public are still ignorant, arrogant, selfish or stupid enough to believe the guidelines somehow don't apply to them.

    By the way, you still haven't answered my question, so I'll rephrase it a little:

    Do you believe everyone should be allowed to drive to Llandaff Fields, park up and go for a stroll? Or should that privilege be reserved for old and frail people who think a walk in the sunshine in the open air would lift their spirits?
    "guidelines". Nothing wrong with guidelines. People are free to choose whether it's right or wrong. Walking around a supermarket, along the pavement etc, would seem a lot more hazardous to infection than being in your car and then in wide open spaces. If you are 'allowed' to drive a couple of miles to your nearest supermarket then why not half a mile to a large open space.

  8. #218

    Re: Police State....

    Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Was the main item on BBC News just now too. The right-leaning Emily Thornbury, also commenting similarly. It's not right,left. liberal, it's remembering the coppers are our servants before all else..
    And, to serve the public, they sometimes have to do things that upset a smaller proportion of the public.

    I feel that police telling elderly people to go home serves me. It means that there is less chance of the NHS being overrun, that if someone I know gets ill despite following the rules they have a better chance of getting the equipment they need (although still, not a great chance). It also means we can all get back to work before our employers go bust (maybe you have none of these concerns).

    So, the police sending people home in this current crisis that could get much much worse is absolutely serving the public. 1400 plus families have already lost loved ones to this, the NHS has lost 3 medical staff. What are you doing to stop the spread?

  9. #219

    Re: Police State....

    Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    "guidelines". Nothing wrong with guidelines. People are free to choose whether it's right or wrong. Walking around a supermarket, along the pavement etc, would seem a lot more hazardous to infection than being in your car and then in wide open spaces. If you are 'allowed' to drive a couple of miles to your nearest supermarket then why not half a mile to a large open space.
    Because thousands of people were going to the same wide open spaces. Snowdon had its busiest day in living memory. It only happened about ten days ago. Is your memory that short?

  10. #220

    Re: Police State....

    Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Because thousands of people were going to the same wide open spaces. Snowdon had its busiest day in living memory. It only happened about ten days ago. Is your memory that short?
    Is this prick really comparing people going to the supermarket to get food with people driving to the seaside to get covid-19?

  11. #221

    Re: Police State....

    Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    "guidelines". Nothing wrong with guidelines. People are free to choose whether it's right or wrong. Walking around a supermarket, along the pavement etc, would seem a lot more hazardous to infection than being in your car and then in wide open spaces. If you are 'allowed' to drive a couple of miles to your nearest supermarket then why not half a mile to a large open space.
    If everyone has that attitude we will be ****ed though.

    You are allowed to drive to your supermarket because you need food to survive.

  12. #222

    Re: Police State....

    Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    "guidelines". Nothing wrong with guidelines. People are free to choose whether it's right or wrong. Walking around a supermarket, along the pavement etc, would seem a lot more hazardous to infection than being in your car and then in wide open spaces. If you are 'allowed' to drive a couple of miles to your nearest supermarket then why not half a mile to a large open space.
    So let's get this straight: despite the Coronavirus pandemic, you believe each and every one of us (including your frail old couple) should still be free to choose whether or not we want to drive to Llandaff Fields, park up and go for a walk. Is that right?

  13. #223

    Re: Police State....

    Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    "guidelines". Nothing wrong with guidelines. People are free to choose whether it's right or wrong. Walking around a supermarket, along the pavement etc, would seem a lot more hazardous to infection than being in your car and then in wide open spaces. If you are 'allowed' to drive a couple of miles to your nearest supermarket then why not half a mile to a large open space.
    They'll soon stop being "guidelines" if people are too stupid to abide by them.

  14. #224

    Re: Police State....

    Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    So let's get this straight: despite the Coronavirus pandemic, you believe each and every one of us (including your frail old couple) should still be free to choose whether or not we want to drive to Llandaff Fields, park up and go for a walk. Is that right?
    I think that's what he's saying, but you missed the part where he doesn't seem to want freedom to go to the supermarket because that's far more dangerous and you clearly can't buy anything essential there whatsoever.

  15. #225

    Re: Police State....

    Looks like Monkfish is going to carry the ball into April. I admit I didn't think it possible, but he's made of stronger stuff than I thought. Imagine having the self confidence to believe you're right even as the entire world comes to a shuddering halt. Have to admire that.

  16. #226

    Re: Police State....

    Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Looks like Monkfish is going to carry the ball into April. I admit I didn't think it possible, but he's made of stronger stuff than I thought. Imagine having the self confidence to believe you're right even as the entire world comes to a shuddering halt. Have to admire that.
    He's stuck it out longer than Trump and Fox News!

  17. #227

    Re: Police State....

    Quote Originally Posted by tell it like it is View Post
    I think that's what he's saying, but you missed the part where he doesn't seem to want freedom to go to the supermarket because that's far more dangerous and you clearly can't buy anything essential there whatsoever.
    And, in the background, 393 people have died in the UK since yesterday. His freedom to ramble (here and in the wild) seems to be important in comparison.

  18. #228

    Re: Police State....

    Quote Originally Posted by CCFCC3PO View Post
    Is this prick really comparing people going to the supermarket to get food with people driving to the seaside to get covid-19?
    It's probably difficult for you to grasp the point I was making as you end up throwing personal insults and name calling just because you don't agree. Keep up your anger - it's good for you.

  19. #229

    Re: Police State....

    Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    It's probably difficult for you to grasp the point I was making.
    The irony!

  20. #230

    Re: Police State....

    No sooner have we left the EUSSR than we turn into a Police State......no pleasing some folk!

  21. #231

    Re: Police State....

    Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    No sooner have we left the EUSSR than we turn into a Police State......no pleasing some folk!
    We could decamp to India and China , they gave some stronger measures to hand and big sticks 😀

  22. #232

    Re: Police State....

    Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    It's probably difficult for you to grasp the point I was making.......
    You still haven't answered my question (and I've asked it several times now).

    I'll try again.

    Under the current circumstances, do you believe each and every one of us should be able to drive to Llandaff Fields, park up and go for a stroll whenever the mood takes us?

  23. #233

    Re: Police State....

    We need more police on the streets. Unfortunately there are too many selfish/ignorant/daft/thick tw@ts ignoring the guidelines.

    We are heading towards an Italy situation. The more police fining and sending these home the better.

    Dont blame the police blame the pr!cks avoiding the rules because the more of these pr!cks that are out and about the more people are going to die.

    Unbelievably a lot of these going about their daily life as this is just a case of a flu outbreak are classed as in the high risk group and shouldnt be feckin out.

    My mate is a copper in the Rhondda. Bit of good news they will be out patrolling with speakers and have now been given the paperwork to dish out fines. Things should step up next week according to him.

  24. #234

  25. #235

    Re: Police State....

    Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    I actually agree it will be interesting if everything goes back to normal once a vaccine is discovered.

  26. #236

  27. #237

    Re: Police State....

    Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    Sounds like they tried to engage with her, i'm sure that the majority of police would rather people head the advice and go home. It does seem a bit odd that she didn't want to engage, especially as things stand. Maybe she's Anti Authoritarian, Maybe she has Mental Health issues or maybe she just doesn't give a shit.

  28. #238

    Re: Police State....

    Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    Yes, how evil, being fined for refusing to say what she was doing during the middle of a pandemic...

    Jesus christ, I can only hope a zombie infestation occurs, the snowflakes would never survive that.

  29. #239
    International jon1959's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Sheffield - out of Roath
    Posts
    9,689

    Re: Police State....

    Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    A victim surcharge of 66?

  30. #240

    Re: Police State....

    In this case I have to agree the police did all they could with her......probably Romanian from her surname.....buy yes...VICTIM surcharge?......absolutely stupid...no victim.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •