+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Police State....

Re: Police State....

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    So true.Where i live it has been well observed except the 15 or so young dickheads who seem to think it could not happen to them.
    And such people don't get it that they could be responsible for someone else dying.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    I linked to the legislation for anyone to peruse.

I'm concerned that the state can quite legally confiscate property (perhaps without compo or any by your leave) and compel anyone to relocate to wherever it chooses.
    What about those occasions where the state WOULD find it absolutely necessary to confiscate property for the reasons listed but if there wasn't legislation to allow it, they couldn't?

There has to be reasons for doing so. Bloody good ones that would stand up in court if necessary. You talk as if the state could do so on a whim, which is bollocks.

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    The Police wouldn't need to get involved if there weren't idiots ignoring guidelines put in place for very good reasons.
    I was waiting for a 'Don't Stand So Close To Me' reference there.

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    why is that important?
    Well, you're gibbering a load of bollocks about a police state, so I wondered where you were witnessing this. I've had a quick look through your posts and it appears that you actually live in France. Is that correct?

I live in North Cardiff. At the moment I'm still working every day. Although I wouldn't classify myself a key worker, some of the work the government agency I'm employed by does is crucial to the UK's maritime industry and the safety of the public. Therefore, I've volunteered to go into work each morning and get things up and running so that 40 of our 43 staff can work from home during these difficult times.

I'm getting dropped into work by my partner each morning and then walking home mid-afternoon through the streets of Splott, Cathays, Heath, Birchgrove and Rhiwbina. The journey takes me about an hour and a half. On my travels in and out of work and on my trips to the local supermarkets to shop for my elderly parents, I haven't seen a single policeman or police vehicle at any stage. Not one. I've seen a few members of the public acting like idiots, but no policemen whatsoever.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Well, you're gibbering a load of bollocks about a police state, so I wondered where you were witnessing this. I've had a quick look through your posts and it appears that you actually live in France. Is that correct?

I live in North Cardiff. At the moment I'm still working every day. Although I wouldn't classify myself a key worker, some of the work the government agency I'm employed by does is crucial to the UK's maritime industry and the safety of the public. Therefore, I've volunteered to go into work each morning and get things up and running so that 40 of our 43 staff can work from home during these difficult times.

I'm getting dropped into work by my partner each morning and then walking home mid-afternoon through the streets of Splott, Cathays, Heath, Birchgrove and Rhiwbina. The journey takes me about an hour and a half. On my travels in and out of work and on my trips to the local supermarkets to shop for my elderly parents, I haven't seen a single policeman or police vehicle at any stage. Not one. I've seen a few members of the public acting like idiots, but no policemen whatsoever.
    Yeah, that was my thought on the OP. He was scaremongering about France a few days ago.

Does the UK Government have the powers to instruct those deemed at risk and non-essential to the cause to stay 24/7 within our homes - receiving food delivered by authorized agencies ? - ie a full, 24/7 complete lockdown

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Does the UK Government have the powers to instruct those deemed at risk and non-essential to the cause to stay 24/7 within our homes - receiving food delivered by authorized agencies ? - ie a full, 24/7 complete lockdown
    No idea. I haven't studied the emergency legislation in any detail.

No idea. I haven't studied the emergency legislation in any detail.
    Nor have 99.9% incl. myself.

My views are mine and probably differ to the vast majority, but when coppers who have hidden away from protecting us against criminals are screeching through helicopter loudspeakers at law-abiding people walking quietly along a country lane, I would suggest that we aren't living in a free, democratic society.

My views are mine and probably differ to the vast majority, but when coppers who have hidden away from protecting us against criminals are screeching through helicopter loudspeakers at law-abiding people walking quietly along a country lane, I would suggest that we aren't living in a free, democratic society.
    So protecting us from criminals is OK but stopping people from possibly spreading a virus that can kill other people isn't.

How is it undemocratic?

Banned

No mate, we are living in a society where, in the last 24 hours, 209 families have lost a loved one through coronavirus. We are living in a society where doctors are having to decide which of two patients gets a ventilator - even when both have a chance of survival. We are living in a society where schools closed on Friday and on the Saturday ****tards with the same mindset as you exercised their "liberty" by congregating at seasides and mountain climbs. We are living in a society where people assume the following
    1) I am young, I will not get ill (and think nothing of the spread)
    2) This is a free country, I can do what I want
    3) This problem will go away naturally

My parents have not left their house for 15 days, such is our collective fear of one of them getting sick and knowing that, in the queue for a ventilator, they will be at the back. Shit, we even contemplated trying to catch the disease early so that we could beat the rush.

We are living with the Government paying people's wages. My neighbour is off work for 2 months - his wages being paid by the Government. Yet, when the Government asks us to make little sacrifices to make this thing go away quicker, and with fewer deaths, we get complete wankers complaining that law abiding citizens (that does not equate to responsible citizens) are not living in a free and democratic society. I suggest your views will change if someone you love gets struck down by this - and I sincerely hope you leave this unscathed.

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCC3PO View Post
    No mate, we are living in a society where, in the last 24 hours, 209 families have lost a loved one through coronavirus. We are living in a society where doctors are having to decide which of two patients gets a ventilator - even when both have a chance of survival. We are living in a society where schools closed on Friday and on the Saturday ****tards with the same mindset as you exercised their "liberty" by congregating at seasides and mountain climbs. We are living in a society where people assume the following

My parents have not left their house for 15 days, such is our collective fear of one of them getting sick and knowing that, in the queue for a ventilator, they will be at the back. Shit, we even contemplated trying to catch the disease early so that we could beat the rush.

We are living with the Government paying people's wages. My neighbour is off work for 2 months - his wages being paid by the Government. Yet, when the Government asks us to make little sacrifices to make this thing go away quicker, and with fewer deaths, we get complete wankers complaining that law abiding citizens (that does not equate to responsible citizens) are not living in a free and democratic society. I suggest your views will change if someone you love gets struck down by this - and I sincerely hope you leave this unscathed.
    Well said.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Well said.
    I was at the chemist on Saturday - we had to queue outside. No problem for me. This bloke then walks right up to me and says "This is all stupid isn't it". I reminded him about social distancing and his response was "It's ok, I am not ill" - practically in my face talking.

Now, I know the chances of me catching Coronavirus from that 2 minutes is remote, but the Government are giving us all this advice to reduce the spread. I actually think the Government have it spot on, and we are seeing figures levelling out from home working and hand washing. But people with opinions on the UK being a "Police State", whilst posting from France and telling us how shit things were in France (supposedly) trying to say this is unnecessary, and the Monkfish also saying it is unnecessary is fine. But, when they flout rules because of skepticism they are hampering everyone else's efforts.

It reminds me of my gran who used to smoke like a trooper when looking after me. I used to complain about the effects of her smoking on me - "No, it's only dangerous to me love". When Roy Castle got lung cancer from second-hand smoke she soon changed her mind. It seems that these people will believe what they want until they see hard evidence.

Here's some.

16 year old French girl dies
    18 year old English girl dies
    American infant dies.

Now come back and complain about the rules being enforced you fuxking cretins.

When and where did this happen?

Great post, 100% agree

Well said there are some right idiots about who cannot grasp how serious this virus is. if one of those walkers had fallen I bet they would have been straight on to 999 plus when one does it others will think it's okay and this lockdown will be extended as a result.

Well put

Brilliant post

I was at the chemist on Saturday - we had to queue outside. No problem for me. This bloke then walks right up to me and says "This is all stupid isn't it". I reminded him about social distancing and his response was "It's ok, I am not ill" - practically in my face talking.
    Had similar queueing at supermarket.

I coughed into my arm ( genuine - asthma related cough ).

The guy jumped back more than 2m...

Quote Originally Posted by tell it like it is View Post
    Had similar queueing at supermarket.

I coughed into my arm ( genuine - asthma related cough ).

The guy jumped back more than 2m...
    Must have been like one of those domino drops if everyone was 2m apart

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Must have been like one of those domino drops if everyone was 2m apart
    Sounds like a good idea for a game.

Today in Cardiff, police were forced to break up a football match in the park as Brits flouted coronavirus lockdown rules.

Wonder where this was ???

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Today in Cardiff, police were forced to break up a football match in the park as Brits flouted coronavirus lockdown rules.

Wonder where this was ???
    Probably Roath Rec, very popular on a sunny day.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Don't ask me how, but I can confirm Delmbox is one of life's good guys.
    Bobsy, I don't give a hoot whether he's a candidate for living sainthood; anyone who persists with making juvenile digs can expect similar in return.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    I can't help thinking that being so immersed in things apocalyptic the whole time isn't good for one's health.
    For your information, I haven't visited any doctor, psychiatric or otherwise, for around 22 years. I'd say that was down to judgement more than luck as I'm likely choosier than most about what I consume. That 22-year stretch would be closer to 30 years but for my own stupidity after busting a leg when rat-arsed. But I learnt from that experience by not getting close to paralytic since.

On a personal level, having checked my PMs here, you once sought the advice of yours truly on 27-11-2018. I advised the purchase of a specific asset class to help protect your wealth (in an environment of a collapsing economic and financial system, as we are now experiencing). Whether you chose to invest or not I have no idea. But I can inform you that that advice was more than sound as it stands 37% higher today than then and is the number one performer over the past 18 months.

Perhaps this crank is a little more clued-up than you are? Whether that's the case or not, should you seek any further advice concerning absolutely anything the response will be along the lines of: Foxtrot Oscar, you ungrateful ****.