+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Police State....

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Police State....

Quote Originally Posted by tell it like it is View Post
    So since they can do that anyway... why would they need an app?

I really do hope this virus pandemic hasn't affected the delivery of your meds.

Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit...I take no medication...the app shows WHO one has been in contact with.....the TRACKING (regardless of app) shows WHERE you are...and WHERE you have been....

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit...I take no medication...the app shows WHO one has been in contact with.....the TRACKING (regardless of app) shows WHERE you are...and WHERE you have been....
    You do know phone records with the companies show who you have been in contact with? Anytime a phone is used the location can be triangulated anyway....

You seem unable to grasp your tinfoil hat claims are ridiculous... easily laughed at. You also seem to think that no nation should ever use intelligence for positive aims such as security.

But THAT is the point ! In a free society the state should NOT be able to track where you are or have been.....a slippery slope...and yes...nations SHOULD NOT track locations.... what next ? TV's that can watch and listen to what you are doing\ oh sorry that already exists......maybe the next step is for them to broadcast messages al la George Orwell 1984....

But THAT is the point ! In a free society the state should NOT be able to track where you are or have been.....a slippery slope...and yes...nations SHOULD NOT track locations.... what next ? TV's that can watch and listen to what you are doing\ oh sorry that already exists......maybe the next step is for them to broadcast messages al la George Orwell 1984....
    You could just leave your phone at home though, there's no requirement to have it on you.

The TVs in 1984 were the law, no one is making you carry a phone.

I actually agree with you we need to be careful with the removal of civil liberties but I think you do need to be slightly less paranoid.

Also if anyone is worried about stuff like this I would be surprised if they voted for a tory government that had brought up the snoopers charter.

....and yes...nations SHOULD NOT track locations....
    What does this actually mean?

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    what do you mean???

@croesyblue...absolutely....

what do you mean???
    You said, and I quote: "nations SHOULD NOT track locations."

What does that mean?

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    It means he thinks no terrorists should ever be tracked because they have rights too, dammit.