+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Police State....

Re: Police State....

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    yes I do....history shows that once powers are enacted they are rarely rescinded.
    You know that this situation is unprecedented in our lifetimes, right?

Duplicate post.

yes I do....history shows that once powers are enacted they are rarely rescinded.

@tellitlikeitis....uninstalling the app makes no difference to being able to track your movements via mobile phone....even if switched OFF!!
    So since they can do that anyway... why would they need an app?

I really do hope this virus pandemic hasn't affected the delivery of your meds.

Quote Originally Posted by tell it like it is View Post
    So since they can do that anyway... why would they need an app?

I really do hope this virus pandemic hasn't affected the delivery of your meds.

Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit...I take no medication...the app shows WHO one has been in contact with.....the TRACKING (regardless of app) shows WHERE you are...and WHERE you have been....

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    It amazes me how the 'conspiracists' amongst us seem so heavily reliant on Technology, The internet seems to be their bible where they queue up in order to tell everyone that the state is spying on us all and using our detail in order to constrict our daily lifestyle choices. It's a bit like a pheasant holding up a card saying 'shoot me' during the hunting season. If they really believed that the people who are attempting to restrict them are doing so behind closed doors, then wouldn't they also be conspiring against this perceived enemy behind closed doors?
    Because someone questions the veracity of what the State tells us it doesn't mean they're conspiracists - I, and others, just don't swallow every morsel of what we're told and accept it without question. Messageboards have been rife with the indignant amongst us ranting at people going out for quiet walks. Today I was Llandaff Fields. Apart from the fact that I saw 3 pairs of coppers on foot which is a rarity itself, they stopped an elderly couple parking their car so they could have a walk and told them to leave. This couple probably lived in a cramped house or flat with no garden. Their actions wouldn't have harmed anyone -even themselves, yet what they did was wrong. Why ? Because the Government told us it was..

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Because someone questions the veracity of what the State tells us it doesn't mean they're conspiracists - I, and others, just don't swallow every morsel of what we're told and accept it without question. Messageboards have been rife with the indignant amongst us ranting at people going out for quiet walks. Today I was Llandaff Fields. Apart from the fact that I saw 3 pairs of coppers on foot which is a rarity itself, they stopped an elderly couple parking their car so they could have a walk and told them to leave. This couple probably lived in a cramped house or flat with no garden. Their actions wouldn't have harmed anyone -even themselves, yet what they did was wrong. Why ? Because the Government told us it was..
    "Their actions wouldn't have harmed anyone -even themselves, yet what they did was wrong. Why ?"

At this rate, we'll be well into April before the penny drops with Monkfish (if it ever does).

Absolutely......no discretion or common sense...

Never been a reader of fan of the Guardian....but many of the articles there make sense to me at the moment...

Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit...I take no medication...the app shows WHO one has been in contact with.....the TRACKING (regardless of app) shows WHERE you are...and WHERE you have been....
    You do know phone records with the companies show who you have been in contact with? Anytime a phone is used the location can be triangulated anyway....

You seem unable to grasp your tinfoil hat claims are ridiculous... easily laughed at. You also seem to think that no nation should ever use intelligence for positive aims such as security.

Depends where they had travelled from. If they had travelled from say Bridgend or Swansea then police view is correct - exercise is one thing, long distance travel risks spreading the virus further. It's common sense.

Today I was Llandaff Fields. Apart from the fact that I saw 3 pairs of coppers on foot which is a rarity itself, they stopped an elderly couple parking their car so they could have a walk and told them to leave.
    Do you think everyone should be allowed to drive to Llandaff Fields, park up and go for a stroll? Or should that privilege be reserved for daft old twats who can't follow basic instructions and who believe that for some reason the rules don't apply to them?

Absolutely......no discretion or common sense...
    The virus also has no discretion. If one of those elderly catches it, they will almost certainly need hospital attention. That is now very hard to get, so they are far more likely to die. If that happens, the hospital will not let anyone visit them so they will die alone without their family ever having the chance to say goodbye. No doubt some would criticise the hospital for lacking common sense and discretion too, but that is what would happen.

That vs a police officer telling them to go home. I think it's justifiable.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    You're welcome to seek my advice too. I know you will value it.

Don't let them get to you , at least you don't get [too personal ) like some when others fail to agree with you , I do enjoy your posts though , not always on your wave length to be fair though they are well researched form the dark web , love your sludge reports , stay safe Organ

You have to ask why they parked their car in order to take a walk when we are being implored to walk or exercise in our immediate vicinity. Using petrol stations constitutes a risk and a car breaking down or being involved in an accident will involve other people's assistance and services. Most people can see the sense in people not driving somewhere in order to exercise when people's lives are ultimately at risk.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Do you think everyone should be allowed to drive to Llandaff Fields, park up and go for a stroll? Or should that privilege be reserved for daft old twats who can't follow basic instructions and who believe that for some reason the rules don't apply to them?
    I would taser them on the spot , only if they get out of the car though .

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    You have to ask why they parked their car in order to take a walk when we are being implored to walk or exercise in our immediate vicinity. Using petrol stations constitutes a risk and a car breaking down or being involved in an accident will involve other people's assistance and services. Most people can see the sense in people not driving somewhere in order to exercise when people's lives are ultimately at risk.
    Well said.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I would taser them on the spot , only if they get out of the car though .
    Bet they'd take shortcuts too. Coronavirus too good for them...

But THAT is the point ! In a free society the state should NOT be able to track where you are or have been.....a slippery slope...and yes...nations SHOULD NOT track locations.... what next ? TV's that can watch and listen to what you are doing\ oh sorry that already exists......maybe the next step is for them to broadcast messages al la George Orwell 1984....

I actually do think this could end up being the thin end of the wedge for more surveillance power or fewer civil libertie, but at the moment it's for our own good.I don't think there's any issue in questioning if it's good in the long run.

But THAT is the point ! In a free society the state should NOT be able to track where you are or have been.....a slippery slope...and yes...nations SHOULD NOT track locations.... what next ? TV's that can watch and listen to what you are doing\ oh sorry that already exists......maybe the next step is for them to broadcast messages al la George Orwell 1984....
    You could just leave your phone at home though, there's no requirement to have it on you.

The TVs in 1984 were the law, no one is making you carry a phone.

I actually agree with you we need to be careful with the removal of civil liberties but I think you do need to be slightly less paranoid.

Also if anyone is worried about stuff like this I would be surprised if they voted for a tory government that had brought up the snoopers charter.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    "Their actions wouldn't have harmed anyone -even themselves, yet what they did was wrong. Why ?"

At this rate, we'll be well into April before the penny drops with Monkfish (if it ever does).
    Imperial college saying that Social Distancing and other measures have saved at least 21000 lives so far, possibly many more.

But, what do they know? Monkfish is clever, he doesn't believe anything until he sees hard physical evidence. The penny has dropped for him, he's waiting for billions of people worldwide to catch up with him.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    My folks are on Day 16 of lockdown. The free thinkin' Monkfish and others like him will ensure they stay locked in even longer. Selfish fools.

....and yes...nations SHOULD NOT track locations....
    What does this actually mean?

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    What does this actually mean?
    what do you mean???

@croesyblue...absolutely....

what do you mean???
    You said, and I quote: "nations SHOULD NOT track locations."

What does that mean?