+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Police State....

Re: Police State....

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    You have to ask why they parked their car in order to take a walk when we are being implored to walk or exercise in our immediate vicinity. Using petrol stations constitutes a risk and a car breaking down or being involved in an accident will involve other people's assistance and services. Most people can see the sense in people not driving somewhere in order to exercise when people's lives are ultimately at risk.
    I've no idea where they drove from, but for those who have parks and open spaces in their vicinity it's less likely they'll pass/receive an infection onto someone else in a wide open space than stepping to one side on a narrow pavement. Anyway, my point is that whilst I know my views are in the small minority on here, I will always question Authority - wherever it comes from.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    I've no idea where they drove from, but for those who have parks and open spaces in their vicinity it's less likely they'll pass/receive an infection onto someone else in a wide open space than stepping to one side on a narrow pavement. Anyway, my point is that whilst I know my views are in the small minority on here, I will always question Authority - wherever it comes from.
    I'm with you we should always be questioning authority but social disctance is being proven to save lives at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    What does this actually mean?
    It means he thinks no terrorists should ever be tracked because they have rights too, dammit.

Banned

Less likely, maybe. But, what happens if one of them touches a surface that someone else has infected? People are infectious while showing no symptoms. They are elderly, at risk, and getting pneumonia could mean (best case scenario) 24 hours of care for 10-14 days. It could also mean that they have infected other people before getting sick themselves. It could also mean that a doctor or nurse gets sick after treating them, meaning even more strain on the hospital that is now caring for them 24 hours a day.

Worst case scenario, they die gasping for air, alone, in pain, confused, scared because the doctor decided to give the last remaining ventilator to a 18 year old woman who contracted the disease on her one visit out a week to a supermarket to get food for her parents and who has a better chance of survival.

Surely you can see the possible chains of events that their need for a drive and a walk could set off? Which part of it don't you get?

Are Easter eggs essential items?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-52090441

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post

Don't let them get to you , at least you don't get [too personal ) like some when others fail to agree with you , I do enjoy your posts though , not always on your wave length to be fair though they are well researched form the dark web , love your sludge reports , stay safe Organ
    Well said LoM

I've no idea where they drove from....
    It doesn’t matter where they drove from. Not a jot.

Did you guys like his post where he said east asians had biological defects?

Do you think everyone should be allowed to drive to Llandaff Fields, park up and go for a stroll? Or should that privilege be reserved for daft old twats who can't follow basic instructions and who believe that for some reason the rules don't apply to them?
    They looked quite old and frail - probably thought a walk in the sunshine in the open air would lift their spirits. Thank God they didn't bump into you..

They looked quite old and frail - probably thought a walk in the sunshine in the open air would lift their spirits. Thank God they didn't bump into you..
    I notice you've avoided answering the question.

Thank God they didn't bump into you..
    They bumped into the police, who did the right thing.

Banned

Hopefully they didn't bump into any air-borne viruses either. It stays in the air for 3 hours. Or touch any infected surface (it can stay on certain surfaces for days).

So old and frail people, a major demographic the virus wipes out, "probably" thought a walk in the sunshine in the open air would lift their spirits eh? Nice to know they get that moment of niceness before dying horribly in pain...

International

Quote Originally Posted by tell it like it is View Post
    Depends where they had travelled from. If they had travelled from say Bridgend or Swansea then police view is correct - exercise is one thing, long distance travel risks spreading the virus further. It's common sense.
    It only spreads the virus further if A. you have it when you set off, and/or B you meet someone at the end of your journey that you give it to or who gives it to you to take back home, shirley?
    If I drive to Caerphilly mountain with my wife go and take the air then drive home again there is no reason why I should come into close contact with anyone.

All that said I do agree that people driving from Yorkshire to the peak district is clearly OTT

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    If I drive to Caerphilly mountain with my wife go and take the air then drive home again there is no reason why I should come into close contact with anyone.
    What if your car breaks down? Or you have an accident?

It only spreads the virus further if A. you have it when you set off, and/or B you meet someone at the end of your journey that you give it to or who gives it to you to take back home, shirley?
    And if you bump into people? Need to fill up the car with petrol? Have an accident? Have you had a test recently? Has everyone you meet had a test?

International

What if your car breaks down? Or you have an accident?
    you're in the shit. simples!!

you're in the shit. simples!!
    Not just you but others...

Personally couldn't care less if people going out recklessly get it. I give a shit that those shitbiscuit cockwombles will spread it to others.

All that said I do agree that people driving from Yorkshire to the peak district is clearly OTT
    You guys can’t be for real?

1. How do you know if you have it?
    2. How do you know you won’t bump into someone who does
    3. How do you know you won’t pick it up because someone who did have it was there before you.

Im not being funny but you’re both either completely ignorant of the situation or you just don’t care about anyone but yourselves .

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    You guys can’t be for real?

1. How do you know if you have it?
    2. How do you know you won’t bump into someone who does
    3. How do you know you won’t pick it up because someone who did have it was there before you.

Im not being funny but you’re both either completely ignorant of the situation or you just don’t care about anyone but yourselves .
    Or both.

@xsnaggle......you mean you drive from Azerbaijan to Caerphilly????!!!

One third of Sheffield (South Yorkshire) is in the Peak District. Large parts of West Yorkshire are in the Peak District.

I agree with your point, though. Some idiot from Sheffield was given the vigilante treatment by locals when he (and I think some friends in other cars) decided a few days ago to go on a road trip to Bala! Their daily exercise I assume!

You said, and I quote: "nations SHOULD NOT track locations."

What does that mean?
    Think its a reference to liberty for all, and that no state intervention should be allowed to track any individual either innocent or guilty of a crime, no matter what that crime is and however heinous.

Me I'd had CCTV on every corner and identity cards as its fast becoming a nasty world , and the elderly ,innocent and vulnerable are particularly at risk and no end of police walking around will fix it .

(In fact there is an increase risk these days up 27% for police and incredibly assaults rise for NHS staff, lovely times )

They bumped into the police, who did the right thing.

It wasn't the Kinnocks was it, they already got form ::

The MP son of*Neil Kinnock, the former Labour leader, has been publicly shamed by police for “non-essential” travel during the coronavirus lockdown after going to celebrate his father’s 78th birthday.

Stephen Kinnock, the MP for Aberavon in South Wales, posted a picture of himself sitting on a chair outside his parents’ London home, adhering to guidelines to stay two metres apart, as they marked the occasion with his wife, the former prime minister of Denmark, Helle Thorning-Schmidt.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    It wasn't the Kinnocks was it, they already got form ::

The MP son of*Neil Kinnock, the former Labour leader, has been publicly shamed by police for “non-essential” travel during the coronavirus lockdown after going to celebrate his father’s 78th birthday.

Stephen Kinnock, the MP for Aberavon in South Wales, posted a picture of himself sitting on a chair outside his parents’ London home, adhering to guidelines to stay two metres apart, as they marked the occasion with his wife, the former prime minister of Denmark, Helle Thorning-Schmidt.
    Yeah, but he was delivering "essential supplies" apparently. Essential supplies clearly available in Wales not not London I guess - maybe some EU gravy since that family have ridden the gravy train?