+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: What a fantastic story of selflessness

What a fantastic story of selflessness

This young nurse stayed with a man who was dying after he crashed into her car. All the more courageous as he possibly had the coronavirus and there's more that adds to the poignancy.....read on

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan...ester-52078098

Re: What a fantastic story of selflessness

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    This young nurse stayed with a man who was dying after he crashed into her car. All the more courageous as he possibly had the coronavirus and there's more that adds to the poignancy.....read on

Fantastic story, every crises throws up great tales like this, sadly, lots of negative ones too. That young lady has my utmost respect.

Quote Originally Posted by elytillidie View Post
    Fantastic story, every crises throws up great tales like this, sadly, lots of negative ones too. That young lady has my utmost respect.
    Saw this story live on BBC. She had only just found out that the guy had died. How she kept it together I don't know. Let's just hope the nurse in question doesnt go down with the virus, too. There are good people out there.

What a wonderful lady

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post

She's a good human being, must've been very traumatic for her, especially with the current situation. I worked as a carer for 8 years in a part time role, i had to carry out palliative care to people who had nobody apart from the services provided by the local authority and NHS. These people were dying in front of me, and they weren't all elderly. The amount of times Carers went beyond their allotted care times was numerous. Carers would get about £8 per hour between 6am and 11pm, only paid for the hours where they were giving care in difficult situations without much support. Carers would often go beyond the times given, sometimes staying an hour or to beyond the time given such was their concern, and that was without pay on a zero hour contract. I really hope that when this is over that people can appreciate the services we have and how for many it's not just a job but a social responsibility. Same goes for shopworkers and delivery men and women. All working for poor pay and some without a contract to fall back on.