I went shopping for my parents yesterday morning at the Sainsburys Local in Rhiwbina and Morrisons in Llanshen. Both stores have introduced queuing systems outside and are only allowing a small amount of people in at any one time. They are operating a one out, one in system. I had to queue outside Sainsburys for about 20 minutes and outside Morrisons for about 30 minutes.

The Sainsburys is a relatively small shop. It was reasonably well-stocked, but I've heard from friends that for some reason various Sainsburys stores, both small and large, are still missing lots of key items on their shelves in recent days.

Morrisons was well-stocked, which is ironic as it's often useless. Plenty of bread and milk, lots of fresh meat, loads of fruit and veg, lots of frozen stuff, plenty of tinned food, a good stock of toilet roll and some rice although not a lot. The only thing they appeared to be missing was pasta.

People were generally behaving and shopping sensibly, although I did see two young couples carrying babies into Morrisons, while there were a few pensioners dotted around who were obviously in their seventies or eighties. What made them most alarming was the fact that they were accompanied in the store by friends and family. For me, that demonstrates a special kind of stupid, but it's not a great surprise given how moronic a significant percentage of the population is.

My partner went on her first shopping trip for a week last night at 7pm. She went to M&S in Llanishen. They were out of milk but had everything else she wanted and there was apparently plenty of fresh meat and vegetables on the shelves. She was the only customer in the shop.