+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Let your garden be your saviour

Let your garden be your saviour

I could not live without a garden, it is my place to unwind and recover, to marvel at the power of all growing things, even weeds!

Bang on your headphones lose yourself in your music .

If you dont have one bet you know an elderly neighbour , friend family member who will want help in this springtime .

P.M.A ( Positive Mental Attitude ) is needed more than ever in these times .

Be safe CCMB contributors, love you all .

Re: Let your garden be your saviour

Couldn't agree more LoM.

The sowing, tending, nurturing and savouring of the plant, shrub, tree or vegetable are great for the mind and soul.

Even if you live in a flat you can get growing chillies, sweet peas or whatever.

Love you too

Yep the garden is keeping me sane at the moment. Jet cleaned the patio. Next job is painting the fence, still cold though. Not sure where to get bedding plants this year but that's not a journey I need to make so might have to give them a miss.

Quote Originally Posted by Malckent View Post
    Yep the garden is keeping me sane at the moment. Jet cleaned the patio. Next job is painting the fence, still cold though. Not sure where to get bedding plants this year but that's not a journey I need to make so might have to give them a miss.
    If you have a greenhouse or cold frame get a load of seeds and grow your own.
    If bot, you can get the 5ft high polythene greenhouse off the internet for between £10 and £20.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    If you have a greenhouse or cold frame get a load of seeds and grow your own.
    If bot, you can get the 5ft high polythene greenhouse off the internet for between £10 and £20.
    Top suggestion thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I could not live without a garden, it is my place to unwind and recover, to marvel at the power of all growing things, even weeds!

If you dont have one bet you know an elderly neighbour , friend family member who will want help in this springtime .

Be safe CCMB contributors, love you all
    Absolutely, nice post!

Be safe CCMB contributors, love you all .
    Yep sat out in the garden waiting for dinner to be cooked,a pair of blackbirds having a bath in my pond all the different birds coming and going just a chilled out time,a bit cold but nice and feeling fine.Stay safe all.

I've got an apple tree, shitloads of strawberry plants and i grow raspberries, Chili plants indoors for the best part of the year. Built some raised beds and plant Annuals, Dwarf Sunflowers, Zinia etc.

Spent more time in the garden this last week than I have for years. Enjoyed it too, even mowing the lawn!
    Thinks it's because no rush and of course the weathers been decent.

And of course one can sip a nice ale or two in that very piece of nature that we are so lucky to have .

I have an allotment as well and that has a natural isolation benefits lol

First Team

Scarified the lawn yesterday. The grass is going to look like the centre court at Wimbledon ( on the first day ) by the time I am finished. The war on moss has begun!

I hate gardening normally but yesterday cut loads back cleaned the patio.
    Last week I found 5 footballs in the garage pumped them all up been playing spot on on my own.
    It's been my sanctuary this last week.
    Walking back and for breathing fresh air even spoke to my neighbour over a very high wooden fence for only the second time in 18 months.
    My wife is NHS front line it's paramount we all keep pma.

Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    Last week I found 5 footballs in the garage pumped them all up been playing spot on on my own.
    Walking back and for breathing fresh air even spoke to my neighbour over a very high wooden fence for only the second time in 18 months.
    'Spot on', fair play to you mate. I'm going to do the same now you've mentioned it

Perhaps the government should bring back the wartime slogan “DIG FOR VICTORY”

Quote Originally Posted by Majorblue View Post
    Scarified the lawn yesterday. The grass is going to look like the centre court at Wimbledon ( on the first day ) by the time I am finished. The war on moss has begun!
    How do you manage your moss naturally , only ask as getting moss killer might be a challenge this year , it seems to prefer shaded areas ??

Please tell your wife she is a saint .

Please tell your wife she is a saint .
    She previously worked on itu and hdu at the heath for 17 years but now works well Im not going say but they have had patients with cov 19.
    She has volunteered to go back to itu but I'm not sure I want her to.
    Go to be honest the mental strain as a family is massive.
    Can't even begin to understand what she is witnessing.
    Thank you for your comment.

Dear God, how tall are you both?

She previously worked on itu and hdu at the heath for 17 years but now works well Im not going say but they have had patients with cov 19.
    She has volunteered to go back to itu but I'm not sure I want her to.
    Go to be honest the mental strain as a family is massive.
    Can't even begin to understand what she is witnessing.
    Thank you for your comment.
    You and your other half take care buddy

I got to be honest , I hate gardening with a passion , like the birds though

On Wednesday, it will be 14 days of being mainly stuck in the house (unless instructed otherwise, will return to work) , I've had a cold and i'm sure nothing more than the bog standard cold based on previous cold history, we (me and Doris) have been out for a walk the last two evenings and will go again shortly, I have also been in the garden and did a bit of mowing a couple of days ago, the wife reminded me it was the 2nd time in 29 years that I have mowed the back lawn!!, whilst not going overboard with gardening, I think the back garden will get a little bit of attention in the coming months!!.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post
    On Wednesday, it will be 14 days of being mainly stuck in the house (unless instructed otherwise, will return to work) , I've had a cold and i'm sure nothing more than the bog standard cold based on previous cold history, we (me and Doris) have been out for a walk the last two evenings and will go again shortly, I have also been in the garden and did a bit of mowing a couple of days ago, the wife reminded me it was the 2nd time in 29 years that I have mowed the back lawn!!, whilst not going overboard with gardening, I think the back garden will get a little bit of attention in the coming months!!.
    You're going to give the 'back Garden' a bit of 'Attention'? Not now, Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    My back Garden holds 29 years of secrets.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post
    My back Garden holds 29 years of secrets.
    That's what Fred West said.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Isn't it odd that women can remember shit going back thirty years (like you mowing the lawn) My missus can remember shit that i did 25 years ago and i can't contest it as i can't remember doing it. She had a go at me the other day because she reckoned that i put her red T-shirt in the wash with some white stuff in 1998! ****ing barmy.