+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Best Series on Netflix or anywhere to watch ???

Re: Best Series on Netflix or anywhere to watch ???

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    Safe is decent based on the book by the person who wrote "The Stranger". Currently watching Homeland which so far is very good.
    Homeland is excellent .Quite thought provoking if its even a fraction close close to the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    In the mind of Aaron Hernandez is a good documentary. About the NFL footballer with the world at his feet (or hands) but made some extremely bad choices ie popping someone with a gun and didn’t do a very good job of covering his tracks
    Crazy guy, absolute fruit loop. Once again good tv.

Outlanders is pretty good on Amazon. FREEEDOM ...

Hunters about Nazi hunters in US of A after the war . I am sure it says based on fact , must be loosely based on fact. Good entertainment.

In the mind of Aaron Hernandez is a good documentary. About the NFL footballer with the world at his feet (or hands) but made some extremely bad choices ie popping someone with a gun and didn’t do a very good job of covering his tracks
    Cheers sounds good!

Of those not already mentioned:

The Sinner on Netflix

True Detective Series 1 and 3 on Sky.

Both of these are completely different stories and not chronological so you can watch in either order. Same for The Sinner.

Don’t waste your time in Series 2 of True Detective but Series 1 is some of the best tv on any network. Series 3 is closer to 1 but 1 is still my favourite TV thriller series of all time.
    True detective was good, I'll try the Sinner

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    Outlanders is pretty good on Amazon. FREEEDOM ...

Hunters about Nazi hunters in US of A after the war . I am sure it says based on fact , must be loosely based on fact. Good entertainment.
    on the list

Making A Murderer on Netflix is also well worth watching. Pretty astonishing

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebina View Post
    Just seen Ozark recommended on another thread, great I'll try that, anything else, I'm sure we are all bored and could do with a thread on what to watch.

TV Series or films only add anything 8 out of 10 or above, let's get the best ultimate what to watch in isolation thread
    Only Fools And Horses, classic comedy and hasn’t been on for a few days 😂

If anybody's got an interest in F1, Formula 1 - Drive To Survive is a great documentary series

Agree with this. It lost its appeal after a few seasons. Banshee is highly recommended, as is Ozark that has already been mentioned. Me and the Mrs currently watching Outlander and enjoying it so far.
    Spedger

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    If you’re on the early seasons of Homeland you’re in for a treat... it gets a little slower in later seasons but those first 2/3 series are
    riveting viewing
    Agree with this. It lost its appeal after a few seasons. Banshee is highly recommended, as is Ozark that has already been mentioned. Me and the Mrs currently watching Outlander and enjoying it so far.
    Spedger

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    We’ve just finished Boardwalk Empire, Christ there’s some brutality in that.
    Are all the series on Netflix or other ppvs?

Now watching the second series of The End of the f***king World. It’s not out on Netflix until later this year but as it’s a C4 production I’m watching it through iplayer on All4. It fully justifies its brilliant reviews. The two young leads are brilliant. It’s funny, quirky and pacy and has a great soundtrack.
    Really recommend this. The first series is on Netflix.

Quote Originally Posted by Sloop_Jon_Bee View Post
    Spedger
    100% agree with you on Banshee. It is outstandingly good for those that haven’t seen it...

It's on 4od not Netflix - but seriously Green Wing and Peep Show. Watch them again. Some of the best.

Btw tiger king lol - awful.

The shield is now on sky box sets too

If it has to be Netflix - better call sail

Mrs swears by Designated Survivor. I watched the first episode and thought it was absolute muck.

Mini series like the mind of Arron Hernandez, don't **** with cats and the pharmacist were decent btw 👍

Quote Originally Posted by DannyBluebird View Post
    It's on 4od not Netflix - but seriously Green Wing and Peep Show. Watch them again. Some of the best.

Yep for me Better Call Saul is the current outstanding thing in Netflix but you have to watch Breaking Bad first!
    Also Mindhunter on Netflix is excellent

Quote Originally Posted by DannyBluebird View Post

Finished the Tiger King last night, it's rubbish and shouldn't be on any 8/10 or above list!
    I'll give it 4/10!

Ozark next I think!

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Agree with most of these but Ozark 2 is very hard work.I haven’t seen The Crown. It’s not my thing.

I would add The end of the f***ing World
    The Stranger
    Godless
    Unabomber
    Dark
    Just finished binge watching Ozark 3
    Excellent but will have to wait until early 2021 for series 4
    Last edited by DubaiDai; 02-04-20 at 11:34. Reason: Spelling prediction wrong

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

Try Kingdom

Quite topical given the current plague

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebina View Post
    Finished the Tiger King last night, it's rubbish and shouldn't be on any 8/10 or above list!
    I'll give it 4/10!

Ozark next I think!
    I was avoiding Tiger King because it just didn't appeal to me, but I decided to watch the first episode and am now on episode four. - ir's compulsive viewing despite me kind of agreeing with the it's rubbish line - God, there are some strange people in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    Just finished binge watching Ozark 3
    Excellent but will have to wait until early 2021 for series 4
    We’re enjoying it too Dai, on series 2 at the moment. The old fella who lives with them has a story to tell no doubt in future episodes.

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    If you’re on the early seasons of Homeland you’re in for a treat... it gets a little slower in later seasons but those first 2/3 series are
    riveting viewing
    True, I’m still not sure which way he swung......

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I was avoiding Tiger King because it just didn't appeal to me, but I decided to watch the first episode and am now on episode four. - ir's compulsive viewing despite me kind of agreeing with the it's rubbish line - God, there are some strange people in the world.
    Having spent sometime in Florida lately and Tampa in particular I found it disturbing that these hicks were so close at points in time

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I nearly made it to the end but as it becomes more and more bizarre I came to realise that (as usual) the story could have been covered in half the time and that I just wasn’t that interested in watching really strange American people living out such peculiar lives. And I’m not ever bothered not knowing the outcome either 🤷*♂️

So I have wasted quite a bit of my own time 🤦*♂️