+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Best Series on Netflix or anywhere to watch ???

Re: Best Series on Netflix or anywhere to watch ???

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    I nearly made it to the end but as it becomes more and more bizarre I came to realise that (as usual) the story could have been covered in half the time and that I just wasn’t that interested in watching really strange American people living out such peculiar lives. And I’m not ever bothered not knowing the outcome either ��*♂️

So I have wasted quite a bit of my own time ��*♂️
    I finished it this morning and, although I probably shouldn't have done, ended up comparing it to WWF(E) wrestling. When I first started watching Sky Sports in the early nineties, I came across what was then WWF and, despite myself, I spent months watching as regularly as the most avid fan, not because I was enjoying, but out of a sense of bemusement. The characters in the Tiger King struck me as just like the ludicrous cartoon characters of the wrestling world in the way that alliances would inevitably fall apart amid great acrimony and threats - of course, the consequences of their erratic behaviour were far more serious than in the wrestling world.

I bought the full set of The Sopranos off eBay, and it is excellent.
    On Netflix, it has to be Breaking Bad first, then El Camino (a film, but it helps to wrap up Breaking Bad), then Better Call Saul (a much slower affair). Dark is good, but confusing. The Rain is okay but subtitled. Ozark good, but not finished yet.
    Last edited by tforturton; 05-04-20 at 11:31. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    On Netflix, it has to be Breaking Bad first, then El Camino (a film, but it helps to wrap up Breaking Bad), then Better Call Saul (a much slower affair). Dark is good, but confusing. The Rain is okay but subtitled. Ozark good, but not finished yet.
    Nothing beats The Sopranos for me

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    Not seen the Sopranos but agree with the rest. I had to watch Dark again before I watched the second series but I think it’s great.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Not seen the Sopranos but agree with the rest. I had to watch Dark again before I watched the second series but I think it’s great.
    Dunno if it's available to stream anywhere. but If you're able to Pearcey, you should put some time aside during the lockdown to watch the Sopranos - it would be well worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Dunno if it's available to stream anywhere. but If you're able to Pearcey, you should put some time aside during the lockdown to watch the Sopranos - it would be well worth it.
    I bought the DVD box set, but I'm told that you can download it illegally from PirateBay....

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Will ask for it as a present. Birthday this month.

Bosch with Titus Welliver (as Harry Bosch), an LA cop. Season 6 due to premier on 17 April 2020.

This is on Amazon though.

Just started on Dirk gentleys holistic detective agency, seems good so far.

The Witcher was pretty good .

Quote Originally Posted by DannyBluebird View Post
    It's on 4od not Netflix - but seriously Green Wing and Peep Show. Watch them again. Some of the best.

Btw tiger king lol - awful.

The shield is now on sky box sets too

If it has to be Netflix - better call sail
    Green Wing, Peep Show - agree. Both excellent.