+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Trump: Failure on a massive scale

Re: Trump: Failure on a massive scale

Quote Originally Posted by tell it like it is View Post
    China covered it up.

Caused basically entire world to be infected / exposed to infection.

I can't recall Chinese leaders receiving the amount of abuse Trump has despite far, far worse crimes. Indeed, I've seen many Labour fans of social media posting a picture claiming China are helping us.

No Trump fan but it seems many are relishing this to pile on him.
    Think you’re missing the point, either that or you’re digging your heels in to not make yourself look one dimensional (you’re failing at that by the way).

This is really about an opportunity to save lives missed - that’s the failure here. Did you even read the article? You realise South Korea took a different approach right?

What are you talking about? Trump got a 10/10 for his response to the virus.

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    Think you’re missing the point, either that or you’re digging your heels in to not make yourself look one dimensional (you’re failing at that by the way).

This is really about an opportunity to save lives missed - that’s the failure here. Did you even read the article? You realise South Korea took a different approach right?
    Unless something impacts Trump, his businesses, his family or his ratings, he seems quite content to blame everybody else. He makes "facts" up off the cuff, lies and distorts the truth. He has little notion of the consequences of his inaction and lack of leadership in the face of this pandemic. Once the virus rips through the States he will start firing and blaming others. The "nothing to do with me, guv" attitude. I can see him trying to suspend the November elections and declare himself President for the next 4 years. He is, in short, a psychopath, but gets away with it with the support of middle America. That article was truly damming and shows how South Korea has reacted so much more effectively than the States. South Korea....a country Trump knows so well....not.

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post

I'm well aware of what South Korea did. What South Korea did took balls given the WHO view the virus wasn't transmitted from person to person at the time based upon lies they swallowed. If Johnson had locked down immediately, I'm sure many on here would have criticised him for doing that.

What Trump does or doesn't do is a minor factor compared to the culpability of others...

Trump's a grade A bellend with many very, very eager to rush to attack, deserved or otherwise. It's hip and cool after all.

I'm well aware of what South Korea did. What South Korea did took balls given the WHO view the virus wasn't transmitted from person to person at the time based upon lies they swallowed. If Johnson had locked down immediately, I'm sure many on here would have criticised him for doing that.

What Trump does or doesn't do is a minor factor compared to the culpability of others...

Trump's a grade A bellend with many very, very eager to rush to attack, deserved or otherwise. It's hip and cool after all.
    Have you got a source for not transmitted from person to person? I can't remember hearing that, how did they think it was spreading?

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Seems a little rattled here.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-us-canada

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    ???

Quote Originally Posted by elytillidie View Post
    Fair play to the CNN journalist. He'd be enemy number one in those press briefings and would have known he'd only get disdain in return.

Sets the tone of your post.

End of the day, Trump is a tosser but it's amazing some prefer to slag him than the cause of the virus, who lied to WHO - lies which led governments to take a different approach than would have been taken if the full nature of the virus was known. I'd say that deserves more abuse than Trump does over this.
    What the **** are you on about?!

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    ???
    When asked how would he rate his response to the virus he gave himself 10 out of 10!!

Quote Originally Posted by BlueToujours View Post
    When asked how would he rate his response to the virus he gave himself 10 out of 10!!
    There are some on here who think that is humility on his part

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Makes this even funnier mind
    Here's someone else with a similar opinion who also questions whether demolishing economic output is a wise or proportional response. His name is Lord Sumption whose wiki page https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jonath..._Lord_Sumption doesn't read like he's a nutcase. I doubt though whether he possesses the incalculable brain power of your good self and the equally modest Rudy.

So you still don’t think we should be isolating then?

What should we be doing?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    That article sums up what many outside the US and plenty inside it think, but when you consider that the outbreak in the US is centred upon New York, Trump's current high approval ratings are probably down to the fact that most Americans are hearing and reading an awful lot about Covid 19, but not seeing a great deal of local evidence in terms of people infected and dying yet to justify all of the activity. That will surely change in the coming weeks and, with nearly everyone thinking that the time will come before the November election date where the first wave of the virus can be analysed that you'll get a true idea of how countries stack up against each other in terms of its impact. Although it's a sobering read at times, this site

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/#countries

does a great job in allowing you to see trends and the early signs are that America will not compare that favourably to other countries - Trump will, surely suffer, in November if this is maintained.
    Latest official data from New York here:

https://www1.nyc.gov/assets/doh/down...ary-deaths.pdf

Trump's doing a briefing every day. None seem to have gone well. They are a mix of inaccuracy and contradiction.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    Here's someone else with a similar opinion who also questions whether demolishing economic output is a wise or proportional response. His name is Lord Sumption whose wiki page https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jonath..._Lord_Sumption doesn't read like he's a nutcase. I doubt though whether he possesses the incalculable brain power of your good self and the equally modest Rudy.
    I dare say it's about whether you value the lives of others or money. You mail your feelings to the mast on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post

He is missing the point completely though, again going on about only vulnerable people dying etc.

And again no one is saying we shouldn't be doing something to protect businesses and workers. It's just if we walk around freely a huge number of the population will die.

I'm not sure what expertise he even has to be making the points he's making. Unless we are considering being born into a life of wealth to be a reason to give someone's opinion more credance.

I'll ask again, do you think we shouldn't be isolating?

It's true that the policy of wide isolation (1) will damage the economy. But the suggestion that organ made of only isolating the elderly and already sick (2) will also damage the economy as businesses cannot run when the number of cases explode and cannot be treated due to the beyond capacity health system.

So saying we shouldn't do (1) because it damages the economy is disingenuous. Organ is not slow, he knows this.

And everyone knows this will affect the economy, it's not some far out galaxy brain idea that no one else has had.

Option 2 will do just as much damage from a financial sense while also ****ing up the health service, killing a load of people, ****ing up a load of people's lungs beyond repair and much more.

To completely simplify it, it almost comes down to two schools - those who think that losing thousands of people to this is worth it to avoid future economic pain, and those who think the thought of losing thousands of people to this is unbearable whatever the future economic cost.

I'm happy to say, and it actually makes me feel more united within this country than I can ever remember, that the vast majority, be they Tories, Labour, Brexiteers, Remainers etc seem to be part of the latter group.

There's an unspoken attitude of "even if it's not me/my parents/grandparents it might be yours so let's do what needs to be done."

There's a lot of different political viewpoints on here for example but I get the impression that the vast majority of us hadn't even considered protecting the economy over the people as a viable option, which is why it's so jarring when some people try to push it.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    To completely simplify it, it almost comes down to two schools - those who think that losing thousands of people to this is worth it to avoid future economic pain, and those who think the thought of losing thousands of people to this is unbearable whatever the future economic cost.

I'm happy to say, and it actually makes me feel more united within this country than I can ever remember, that the vast majority, be they Tories, Labour, Brexiteers, Remainers etc seem to be part of the latter group.

There's an unspoken attitude of "even if it's not me/my parents/grandparents it might be yours so let's do what needs to be done."

There's a lot of different political viewpoints on here for example but I get the impression that the vast majority of us hadn't even considered protecting the economy over the people as a viable option, which is why it's so jarring when some people try to push it.
    What do you make of the New York City data? If I read it correctly, only 14 out of 932 cases had no underlying conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    What do you make of the New York City data? If I read it correctly, only 14 out of 932 cases had no underlying conditions.
    What I make of the New York City is when it comes to the validity of their desire to not die from the Coronavirus, I don't make a distinction between people with underlying conditions and people without

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    What has that got to do with it? So we should walk around as we please rather than be careful for a few months because it only kills 900 people with underlying conditions every 2 weeks?

What underlying conditions did they have? Do those people deserve to die?

Why do people keep talking about people with underlying conditions as if they deserve to die?

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    What has that got to do with it? So we should walk around as we please rather than be careful for a few months because it only kills 900 people with underlying conditions every 2 weeks?

What underlying conditions did they have? Do those people deserve to die?

Why do people keep talking about people with underlying conditions as if they deserve to die?
    Who said they deserve to die? If you know who the at risk groups are, then surely any new strategy needs to be focussed on them?